Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2018, 08:25 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,959,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Who knows?

This gets her attention, which is what she has sought her entire adult life.

One daughter left home at 16 because she didn't want to be on the family reality tv show.

Sharon Osbourne went ahead with the show anyway. She regrets the daughter leaving, but not enough to cancel the show.

That pretty well sums up Sharon's approach to mothering.
Thanks! I didn't know about other choices she made where she placed her own personal gain ahead of the rights of, and respect for, a child. It seems that she regrets not having her cake and eating it too, in which case she should keep her mouth shut about her poor decisions.

Old 06-07-2018, 08:26 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
So who has the right to tell you what you can do with your body?

Old 06-07-2018, 08:27 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,983 times
Quote:
That is why I won't tough the subject of abortion with a ten foot pole.
I presume you mean touch, not "tough".

Yet you did touch the subject of abortion with a 1 foot keyboard. (give or take an inch or two)

Old 06-07-2018, 08:28 AM

39,237 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
I presume you mean touch, not "tough".

Yet you did touch the subject of abortion with a 1 foot keyboard. (give or take an inch or two)
Yes, I meant touch.

I said, I won't judge either way. I also said,

unfortunately there's no agreement in medicine, philosophy or theology as to what stage of foetal development should be associated with the right to life. If there is an universal answer, then we wouldn't have this debate.

Nothing good will come out of it. I can see both sides. Not sure what I said you disagree with. LOL

"not touching it" just means, pro life vs pro choice is not absolute to me. It depends on the circumstances.

Old 06-07-2018, 08:31 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Thanks! I didn't know about other choices she made where she placed her own personal gain ahead of the rights of, and respect for, a child. It seems that she regrets not having her cake and eating it too, in which case she should keep her mouth shut about her poor decisions.
She can talk about her poor decisions if she wants.

She decided to terminate a pregnancy when she was 17. She decided to continue with a reality show even when it meant her 16 daughter would leave home.

Just being female doesn't mean you are mother of the year. Nor does it make you an evil woman.

Opinions differ, of course, but I believe that women have the absolute right to determine what they do with their own body and their own lives.

Sharon Osbourne included.

Old 06-07-2018, 08:32 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I can see both sides. I know this is an emotional debate, that is why I personally won't touch it. LOL

Unfortunately there's no agreement in medicine, philosophy or theology as to what stage of foetal development should be associated with the right to life.

If there is an universal answer, then we would not have a debate of abortion, I guess.
We know two things...

1. Men and forced birthing advocates don't consider Sperm as life.
2. Same goes for eggs....

So at least we have a baseline that maybe 95% of people agree upon.

Note that people who think this are saying that even though all the coding for a life is enclosed in those things, they still don't represent life. In another sense, what they are saying is that if I cut out a piece of cardboard that looks like a baby, it is closer to a baby than an actual egg or sperm is.

Of course, it's an unfortunately fact of history that all this "pro-forcing" started before the science of DNA came into it's current fruition. Now we know without a doubt....it's all right there.

I wonder how many of them are against fertility clinics and all that stuff? After all, it's quite inconvenient that scientists and docs can put together one of those "thrown out" eggs and some of that "tissue wasted" sperm and create "a baby". Certainly their Lord might not approve, because the very next step is having vast baby farms where we create entire armies and workforces en masse!

Old 06-07-2018, 08:33 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Side effects of abortion:

Dead baby.
Terminated fetus you mean but the posts was not related to results of abortion or results of giving birth. It was related to the statement a poster made claiming pregnancy has health benefits. That is a list of pregnancy not health benefits.

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
And what you don't get if you abort it.
Actually, that is not how this works.

Plenty of potential "babies" are wasted via masturbation and menstruation every day.

Are you going to demand that people start having sex so much that women are either pregnant or actively trying to become pregnant all the time? Do you plan to forbid the spilling of sperm in masturbation?

I mean, at what point do rational people concede that cells and combining them in a way that COULD create a future baby is not some sort of religious miracle and is simply the way our bodies work to reproduce the species?

We do not have to give birth to every combining of cells.

It's really weird to suggest that we do.

Nobody who doesn't want to have a child should be forced to carry a pregnancy to term until there actually IS a baby to care for.

It's just too hard on the mother's body and when most are aborted (early in the first trimester) there is no baby there in the first place.

7,489 posts, read 4,959,146 times
Quote:
I can see both sides. I know this is an emotional debate, that is why I personally won't touch it. LOL

Unfortunately there's no agreement in medicine, philosophy or theology as to what stage of foetal development should be associated with the right to life.

If there is an universal answer, then we would not have a debate of abortion, I guess.
Some people view abortion from the medical perspective of life = heart beat. Abortion prior to foetal heartbeat is acceptable, but after there is a heartbeat abortion becomes questionable. Abortion is legal in some places up to 24 weeks gestation, while at the same time premies are viable at 22 weeks. This is where things become really murky, and understandably lead to strong feelings that abortion = murder.

Every woman has to decide for themselves prior to abortion if they can live with the decision. This extremely important decision has to be a correct one or it results in the situation we see today with Sharon where she has convinced herself that one abortion causes miscarriages. She should seek counselling to address the guilt she feels for her abortion.

Old 06-07-2018, 08:34 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
And what you don't get if you abort it.
Shrug, you can't miss what was never there.

Quote:
Yes, I meant touch.

I said, I won't judge either way. I also said,

unfortunately there's no agreement in medicine, philosophy or theology as to what stage of foetal development should be associated with the right to life. If there is an universal answer, then we wouldn't have this debate.

Nothing good will come out of it. I can see both sides. Not sure what I said you disagree with. LOL

"not touching it" just means, pro life vs pro choice is not absolute to me. It depends on the circumstances.
That poster isn't "disagreeing", he's pointing out that you keep saying you're not going to touch this topic yet you keep posting about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies