Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2018, 06:48 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
It's difficult not to reach that conclusion.

Paid maternity leave, funding for children's health insurance, support for affordable, accessible birth control, ... little support for any of that among the pro-forced-birther crowd.
And the pro-forced-birthers are the same rabid right wingers who want to cut food stamps, cut Medicaid, cut welfare.

It could not be any more obvious that they don't care what happens to that fetus they loved so much in utereo once it's no longer an adorable little fetus.

Old 06-07-2018, 06:54 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
So are you equating the death of a baby with eating animals, plastics, holes in the earth?
So how man y unwanted children are you volunteering to take into your own home. Cloth, feed, shelter and love?
Am abortion is $350 to $900 depending on the procedure.. The cost of raising a child for a year dwarfs that amount.
Its all well in good to lecture others when it isn't you personally footing the bill or having your life upset.

Before you go one the "well they should have thought about that before they had sex" rant. All of us have rolled that dice and later prayed to every god, and pagan demon to not have gotten her pregnant. Yes their are a few extremely pious people who maybe didn't every have unprotected sex and maybe didn't ever have an unplanned pregnancy. Just very few.

Old 06-07-2018, 06:57 AM

36,507 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
What, you do not understand the definition of "parasite"?

A baby is not a parasite.

A parasite causes HARM to its host. As in injury, sickness and death.

A baby does no such thing. It would be categorized as a symbiote.

But I know facts are difficult to deal with, because well. Abortions YAY!!!!

And no PP does not offer mammograms onsite, whomever keeps believing that, well, let me sell a bridge. I own it, I truly do.

LOL. Ok cant help myself. What benefit is it you believe a fetus provides for its host?

Old 06-07-2018, 06:59 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And the pro-forced-birthers are the same rabid right wingers who want to cut food stamps, cut Medicaid, cut welfare.

It could not be any more obvious that they don't care what happens to that fetus they loved so much in utereo once it's no longer an adorable little fetus.
So rich people should not be allowed to have abortions then, only poor people, by your logic.

Rich people can afford kids. So they can pay for them. According to you. Do you support a ban on abortions per income level? That's exactly what you are saying. Background financial check at PP. Sorry you have too much money ... NEXT!

Good grief.

Old 06-07-2018, 07:00 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
So are you equating the death of a baby with eating animals, plastics, holes in the earth?
You're not very good at this.

Old 06-07-2018, 07:02 AM

36,507 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
So you think no one should care about the killing of an unborn baby? Really?
You mean the termination of someone else's pregnancy whom I do not know and did not know was even pregnant? No I don't think its yours, mine or anyone else's business.

Old 06-07-2018, 07:09 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,420,628 times
The important issue is that Sharon Osborne had the right to choose.

Old 06-07-2018, 07:16 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
your argument is that the few should decide for the many. Like, 6 people spank the crap out of their kids and say that it works for discipline so everyone should do it. Because it happens in a few situations.

Remember: safe, legal and RARE?

Everyone has forgotten RARE.

Babies by definition are not parasites.

I'm a woman and have been pregnant 3 times.

I did consider all of the fetuses/zygotes, etc., to be parasites.

People would get mad at me for saying as such, but for me pregnancy really was like having a parasite sucking the life out of me and I hated it.

As charloastro mentioned, I had hyperemesis. I lost a job as well when I was pregnant with my oldest as I threw up, at a minimum 5 times per day and it was a new job and I found out I was pregnant within a month of starting and so I was not protected by FMLA and lost the job, which put us in a financial stress at the time. I had to not work at all during that pregnancy due to being so ill.

For our second, I had worse hyperemesis and since I'd experienced it the first time, we planned for me not to work at all and be a SAHM for a couple years, which I did. However, I also developed pre-eclampsia with that pregnancy, which is still a leading cause of death for pregnant women/new moms (especially black women). Pre-eclampsia for many women has lingering effects for the rest of her life, which means it can enduce seizures and BP issues, amongst others. Luckily I have never had any lasting effects from it but I did have to go on bed-rest for the last month of my pregnancy. I also developed a condition called pubic synopsis disorder associated with my pregnancy, whereas my hip bones literally felt like they were broken. I could not walk long distances starting at 14 weeks gestation (long distances means I couldn't even walk through a grocery store without pain - I had to ride on those motorized scooters and was very embarrassed to do so at the time as I was only in my late 20s). I also could not sit on any hard surface (like a regular wooden chair). It was the most painful thing I've ever experienced, worse than labor pains. After the birth of my daughter, I still had the pain for a month and I threw up from the hyperemesis for an additional 3 days after her birth. My blood pressure also increased as a result of the pre-eclampsia and I had to go on meds.

For the third, I had a miscarriage. I had had an IUD inserted after my second child but got pregnant with it inserted. I had the doctor remove it and I was very thankful to miscarry as a result. However, my HCG levels didn't dissipate fast enough and the doctor thought there may be "something" left or that I had a molar pregnancy/tumor so I had to go every week to get blood draws to ensure my HCG levels were falling for 4 weeks. After 4 weeks, if they hadn't fallen enough, my gyn was going to send me for a D&C to ensure that everything was cleaned out. Luckily it fell under 20 HCG prior to 4 weeks but it was a PITA to go to the gyn every week for 5 weeks (counting the 1st appointment).

Being pregnant IMO is much more dangerous than having an abortion. More women die as a complication from pregnancy than from abortion and there are many more lingering side effects for women giving birth than an abortion.

Contrary to what all of you believe, not all women enjoy being pregnant or view it as some wonderful experience. It was horrible for me and a lot of women I know and I am vocal about the fact that pregnancy is awful to endure for some of us and it is a reason why I am pro-choice and why I don't think anyone other than the woman, her SO and her medical team should have any say in her medical choices.

Old 06-07-2018, 07:19 AM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I'm a woman and have been pregnant 3 times.

I did consider all of the fetuses/zygotes, etc., to be parasites.

People would get mad at me for saying as such, but for me pregnancy really was like having a parasite sucking the life out of me and I hated it.

As charloastro mentioned, I had hyperemesis. I lost a job as well when I was pregnant with my oldest as I threw up, at a minimum 5 times per day and it was a new job and I found out I was pregnant within a month of starting and so I was not protected by FMLA and lost the job, which put us in a financial stress at the time. I had to not work at all during that pregnancy due to being so ill.

For our second, I had worse hyperemesis and since I'd experienced it the first time, we planned for me not to work at all and be a SAHM for a couple years, which I did. However, I also developed pre-eclampsia with that pregnancy, which is still a leading cause of death for pregnant women/new moms (especially black women). Pre-eclampsia for many women has lingering effects for the rest of her life, which means it can enduce seizures and BP issues, amongst others. Luckily I have never had any lasting effects from it but I did have to go on bed-rest for the last month of my pregnancy. I also developed a condition called pubic synopsis disorder associated with my pregnancy, whereas my hip bones literally felt like they were broken. I could not walk long distances starting at 14 weeks gestation (long distances means I couldn't even walk through a grocery store without pain - I had to ride on those motorized scooters and was very embarrassed to do so at the time as I was only in my late 20s). I also could not sit on any hard surface (like a regular wooden chair). It was the most painful thing I've ever experienced, worse than labor pains. After the birth of my daughter, I still had the pain for a month and I threw up from the hyperemesis for an additional 3 days after her birth. My blood pressure also increased as a result of the pre-eclampsia and I had to go on meds.

For the third, I had a miscarriage. I had had an IUD inserted after my second child but got pregnant with it inserted. I had the doctor remove it and I was very thankful to miscarry as a result. However, my HCG levels didn't dissipate fast enough and the doctor thought there may be "something" left or that I had a molar pregnancy/tumor so I had to go every week to get blood draws to ensure my HCG levels were falling for 4 weeks. After 4 weeks, if they hadn't fallen enough, my gyn was going to send me for a D&C to ensure that everything was cleaned out. Luckily it fell under 20 HCG prior to 4 weeks but it was a PITA to go to the gyn every week for 5 weeks (counting the 1st appointment).

Being pregnant IMO is much more dangerous than having an abortion. More women die as a complication from pregnancy than from abortion and there are many more lingering side effects for women giving birth than an abortion.

Contrary to what all of you believe, not all women enjoy being pregnant or view it as some wonderful experience. It was horrible for me and a lot of women I know and I am vocal about the fact that pregnancy is awful to endure for some of us and it is a reason why I am pro-choice and why I don't think anyone other than the woman, her SO and her medical team should have any say in her medical choices.
Nailed it.

The idea that being pregnant has health benefits for women is ridiculous.

Old 06-07-2018, 07:23 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
But then why would someone who can barely support themselves have unprotected sex with strangers, knowing the risks for pregnancy?
Well... the sex thing is because... biology.

The "with strangers" thing is mighty presumptuous, no?

Ditto the "unprotected" part.

Maybe they had protected sex with a person they were dating and that person isn't around once they are pregnant.

You have no idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies