Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2018, 03:41 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,918,607 times

Advertisements

John Cox is a rich clown who couldn't get elected dog catcher. Moved to CA 10 tears ago after many failed attempts at election to various jobs in Illinois. Its sad that this guy is the best that the republican party can put forward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2018, 03:51 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,222,982 times
Waste of time for anyone that stands for the rule of law to run in this lawless state. Its been overrun by invaders and foreigners that haven't got a damn clue about the rule of law, and have no cultural attachment to Western Civilization and its political infrastructure.

Truly a state of gibsmedats and muh feelz.

Old 06-07-2018, 04:51 PM

8,546 posts, read 10,964,749 times
In line with this discussion, I feel it is important to take a real hard look at this state.
Where it has been, and where it is headed.
I have lived in California most of my life, coming here from the east coast in 1970.
I have seen a lot of changes over the years, both good, and bad.
Unfortunately, lately the bad seems to be taking precedence.

I go way back to when a fella named Baxter Ward came up with an idea of a having a commuter train go down the middle of the SanDiego freeway.
It was nicknamed Ward's choo choo,though it never materialized, was the catalyst for what we have today in Los Angeles for commuter rail traffic.

I saw freeways being expanded to handle the ever increasing bombardment of vehicles on our roads.
I saw houses being built, and loan mortgages that people could afford.
Rents were incredibly low in the 70? through the 90's.
I saw people who took pride in their property, and cared about their neighbors.
I saw laws enacted that benefited the populace, not the politicians.
I remember traveling south to SanDiego on some weekends, and smelling the abundant orange groves along both sides of the #5 freeway, all through orange county.

Sadly that was then, and now is now, and it is as different as day and night.
The state politicians seemed to have lost their way at governing for the people, and directed their political efforts at special groups of people as opposes to all the citizens of the state.
I believe the biggest and prevailing downfall of this state is, and continues to be, illegal immigration in this state.
We have been invaded, just as in any war, and it happened right before our very eyes, and because of the liberal political agenda of the states's leaders, this has become a war of dominance.

It has been said the "voice of the people" shall be heard, but sadly here in California, the only people being heard, and catered to, are the ones who have no business being in this country, let alone the state,
And sadly also, are the politicians, who are so willing to enact legislation to protect these illegal people, that the average legal citizen shutters in disbelief that their rights have gone by the wayside.

Taxes, and the cost of living in this state have absolutely ruined any hope of the average citizen maintaining any type of permanent lifestyle.
People can't afford to pay rent, operating a vehicle(which is not a privilege, but a necessity), or in some cases provide the basics for their families.
Cities, and the state have decided it is best to protect illegal aliens by forming sanctuary conclaves throughout the state.
People are leaving the state in droves, which is in direct contrast to what it was when I moved to California.

There was a time when California was the land of golden dreams.
It opened the way for people to not only dream of a better life, but helped to provide it.

Sadly that has disappeared, and in it's place we have laws that discourage people with a dream to stay here.
The latest being, governing when one can shower, and do their laundry on the same day.

One needs to take a look at this picture, and realize, something is drastically wrong.
How did this once beautiful, well run state, where people flocked to, instead of flocking from, get to this point?
I have seen it, and lived it.
I believe it is time to clean house, not only in Sacramento, but our city halls as well.
We can't sustain if we continue on this path of destruction, and like it or not, that is exactly where we are headed.

Obviously the current political climate in this state has to be dealt with.
We who still love this state,and call it our home, and want what is right, and best for it, need to stand up and say, enough is enough.
The pandering to special groups of people has to stop.
Legislation must be geared to the legal population with in this state.

I usually only endorse a person who I feel can take the bull by the horns, and get in their for change, and though I do not know a great deal about Mr, Cox, I do know what we have presently,isn't working for me, or my fellow California citizens.
I do not feel the politicians in this state have my interest at heart.
For what ever reason, they are more concerned with the rights of people who don't even belong in this country.

I see some hope in Mr. Cox, and I honestly feel this will be the last hurrah for California.
It has slipped downward to the point many have just given up and moved out of state.
I have seen this steady downfall, and it sickens me.
It didn't have to be this way.

Bob.

Old 06-07-2018, 04:56 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,779,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
John Cox is a rich clown who couldn't get elected dog catcher. Moved to CA 10 tears ago after many failed attempts at election to various jobs in Illinois. Its sad that this guy is the best that the republican party can put forward.
Maybe the republicans have a relocation program where they move losers around the country till they can find a spot with enough suckers to vote for them.

Old 06-07-2018, 06:24 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post

It's reality that Cox is the best that the Republicans can put forward and not sad at all. As bad as the fortunes of republican candidates in state and federal elections will be in California this year, the presence of Cox on the ballot for governor, will cause them even more down-ballot loss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies