Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 10:18 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
If it is proven that the female is truly raped then it is not my place, nor the government's, to tell that woman that she has to bear that child imo. The abortion needs to be done in first 6 weeks of pregnancy. Even so, it doesn't change the fact that a baby loses its life.
It’s no ones business to tell a woman what she can or cannot do with HER body raped or not. Not mine, not yours, not some religious leaders. Sure, a woman gets pregnant while marred or in a relationship then she should talk to her partner. People make bad choices it happens but No one Has they right to tell her. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2018, 06:04 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
There is no point in us continuing this discussion, but I do have a question that I posed to you previously and it has gone unanswered. You said that it is permissible for a 13 year old girl to have an abortion, so can you explain how you can justify abortion for a 13 year old, but not a girl who is 14 or 15?
You are misunderstanding.

I have said for argument sake to those who say rape incest, etc., as to WHY abortion is "good" is: I will GIVE you those. For argument's sake. That 1.5% of ALL abortions, let's take it off the table, point for you.

So let's look at the rest of the abortions. What's your argument in favor of the other 98.5%? Those are bad right? Shouldn't ever happen?

They never answer. Because they do NOT need/want a specific reason -- rape/incest -- to support abortion. They think it's fine and dandy to kill any baby in the womb, no problem. It's a smokescreen argument, it's meaningless because it does not matter to them whether the woman was raped, was poor, was a one night stand, etc.

Another example: well those women are so poor, they can't afford another kid. Ok, great. So you think only poor women should get abortions? Rich people shouldn't be allowed because they have money they can afford, right? According to the argument ...

Never get a response to that either.

Because the reason doesn't matter. They want to klll kill kill at all times.

Putting these suppositions forward shows that the pro abortion crowd considers all abortion = good. Reasons unnecessary. Puling examples is unnecessary. Because they do not care about any reasons, these are unauthentic, smokescreen and mirror arguments -- which truly do not matter to proabortionists. Because, well, babies should die for any and every reason.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:44 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleMerchant View Post
I'm afraid the medical science isn't ready yet, so people getting pregnant are still responsible for getting pregnant, in the majority of cases.

I'll bet there are more anti-murder folks out there to care for that life than anti-life abortionists.
According to several anti-choice posters a developing fetus is not a part of a woman's body, it is an individual, free living baby capable of the exact same consciousness, awareness and rights as a born baby or adult. If this be true than we should be able to take it out of the woman's body to live on its own accord. Everyone is aware people are responsible for getting pregnant and only those people who were responsible for the pregnancy should be responsible for that pregnancy be it carrying it to term or aborting it.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
This already exists.

It's called labor and delivery. Which is what prolifers have been trying to explain to you all along.

Have we finally made contact???
You haven't. You say a fetus is an independent, individual not a part of a woman's body, therefore why must it remain in a woman's body until delivery? We should be able to remove it at any point. If it is not part of her body it would not need her body to survive.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleMerchant View Post
If your choice to not stay pregnant involves ending another, unborn, separate life from yours, it matters a great deal, as it should.

If that unborn fetus is separate it can be removed. We can remove organs, tumors, cancer from a body, remove the fetus. It will be fine, right, because it is a separate life.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Abortion is not a medical procedure. Pregnancy is not a medical condition.
Well stop the presses and call Congress. We can take the medical coverage for pregnancy and childbirth out of the ACA and Medicaid and repel all the government programs related to pregnancy. That will save the tax payers a lot of money. As well get rid of the regulations on abortions having to be preformed in hospitals or other specific medical facilities.

Old 06-14-2018, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
For any evangelicals or baptists on this thread I have a question. Why did it take till 1980 to take a pro-life position? Why were you pro-abortion before that? What changed your position?
Are you aware that all evangelicals or especially Baptists are not of one hive mind.
If your speaking of the "Church" I guess you would have to ask those involved in writing the covenants.
To help your understand the "Church", individual churches and individual members like any other organization or individual will flip flop and change their belief about any particular issue as well being a Baptist or evangelical does not mean you believe, accept or follow every value or conviction followed by the church or written in the Bible.

Does that help.

I was raised Southern Baptist, go to a Baptist Church. I am a moderate Republican, pro-choice, pro LBGT

Old 06-14-2018, 07:28 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
You haven't. You say a fetus is an independent, individual not a part of a woman's body, therefore why must it remain in a woman's body until delivery? We should be able to remove it at any point. If it is not part of her body it would not need her body to survive.
Since baby's are independent we should also just leave them alone to survive independently. They can fend for themselves. They need no breastmilk. They can feed themselves.

Old 06-14-2018, 07:38 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Since baby's are independent we should also just leave them alone to survive independently. They can fend for themselves. They need no breastmilk. They can feed themselves.
Do you realize that anyone can care for a baby once it's born? Breast milk is not even necessary since we have created formula and bottles. A fetus on the other hand can't be handed off to someone else to care for. It is dependent on one person and one person only. It it dependent on her body to grow. It's dependent on her body to be fed and remove it's waste. If she doesn't want her body used in this manner she has the right to stop anyone from doing so.

Old 06-14-2018, 07:45 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,454,385 times
I've always wondered at pro-lifers with 1-3 children. There are millions of eggs in a woman, and millions of sperm in a man. A couple is capable to reproduce for 25-30 or so years. Pro-lifers, what happens after you have your 1-3 kids? You artificially suppress all the babies you can still bear?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies