Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2018, 01:28 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,042,475 times

Advertisements

How many times does it take to call someone a BABY KILLER ALL CAPS before you actually prevent someone from having an abortion?

Just curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2018, 01:37 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Then you are aware that a baby in the womb first trimester that tries to swim away from a cannula fits the definition of sentient.
NEWSFLASH:

Without nerve connections established between the cortex and the nerves in the thalamus that transmit pain signals, reactions to noxious stimuli cannot be interpreted as feeling or perceiving pain. Hence a first trimester fetus is not sentient, nor does it have pain receptors.

A first trimester fetus is about as sentient as a snail.

Old 06-12-2018, 01:39 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Then you are aware that a baby in the womb first trimester that tries to swim away from a cannula fits the definition of sentient.
No just the opposite. A fetus before 20 weeks is reacting to stimuli in the same manner other single cell organism react to stimuli.

Quote:
Yet you believe it's perfectly OK to kill it. That's what makes you hell bent on killing. You continually use semantics and mental gymnastics to pretend to yourself that abortion doesn't kill.
I'm pro-choice. I believe its a personal choice for each and every women to legally terminate her pregnancy or "kill it". I'm using science to illustrate the difference in a non viable fetus and a viable fetus and actual baby. I'm fully aware abortion kills (semantics) the developing fetus.

Quote:

NEWSFLASH: Abortion kills. It's why pregnant women go get them to ensure that the baby they are carrying is DEAD and REMOVED.

Severe cognitive dissonance in your head. At least I have a shred, a very bare bones bit of respect for the pro abortionists who acknowledge, yes abortion kills babies. They at least fully understand what they are championing.

You do not. Cognitive dissonance. Hell bent on killing. Changing definitions as you see fit. Moving goal posts at every turn. Semantics as you define them. I even use your own terms and then you say, well, no that's not what it means.

All to avoid admitting to yourself: Abortion Kills Babies.

Oh good grief. Yes women get abortions to terminate the pregnancy before the fetus become viable and thus develops into a viable baby. We agree!

Old 06-12-2018, 01:46 PM

1,323 posts, read 589,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
First of all, it's not "my" logic. I am not opposed to abortion.

Secondly, you missed the point. Aborting a fetus at any stage, from the first time you can get a positive pregnancy test (about 4 weeks from last menstrual period) on, is fundamentally different from discarding a fertilized egg in a lab. See this from the link in my previous post: "In nature, 50 percent of all fertilized eggs are lost before a woman's missed menses. In the in vitro fertilization (IVF) process as well, an embryo may begin to develop but not make it to the blastocyst stage — the first stage where those cells destined to become the fetus separate from those that will become the placenta. The blastocyst may implant but not grow, or the blastocyst may grow but stop developing before the two week time at which a pregnancy can be detected. The receptivity of the uterus and the health of the embryo are important for the implantation process." IOW, with abortion, you know the fetus is implanted and growing. What you, 2sleepy and 2mares are talking about is more like being opposed to contraception, particularly condoms, IUDs and morning after pills.

I disagree. All fertilized eggs are like seeds with inherent potentiality and no one knows what path those eggs will take.

Also, I didn't make a statement regarding your postition on abortion and it's irrelevant to this discussion.

Old 06-12-2018, 01:46 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
NEWSFLASH:

Without nerve connections established between the cortex and the nerves in the thalamus that transmit pain signals, reactions to noxious stimuli cannot be interpreted as feeling or perceiving pain. Hence a first trimester fetus is not sentient, nor does it have pain receptors.

A first trimester fetus is about as sentient as a snail.
Why does it move away from a cannula that is trying to suck its limbs off? Why does it struggle to survive?

Physics says it would just get sucked away, no reaction, if it is not sentient -- your word.

But that's not what happens. It tries to swim away. It's sentient, your word that you chose as definition of proof, and by definition by Webster: "able to perceive or feel" Sentient. You chose that word, now you deny it's definition.

You need to stop lying to yourself. Last time I engage you. I cannot continue to debate with someone who refuses to see truth as they have defined it. Cognitive dissonance. Hellbent on killing, sentient be damned.

Old 06-12-2018, 02:04 PM

18,403 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
I think what is astounding after the tons of abortion threads on CD, there remains an absolute refusal by pro abortionists to acknowledge that abortion kills.

I don't know what they think happens during an abortion? That all that is alive is magically still alive afterward but living somewhere else after being scraped and sucked and dismembered?

How can they not understand the KILL part of what an abortion does?

After all this time? Is the cognitive dissonance THAT strong? They continually state life is not killed.
Oh please women aren’t stupid we know what abortion is. Women still get autonomy over their own body. Your opinion of abortion can and should be applied to your uterus. Mine and others is our business

Old 06-12-2018, 02:11 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Oh please women aren’t stupid we know what abortion is. Women still get autonomy over their own body. Your opinion of abortion can and should be applied to your uterus. Mine and others is our business
Actually they don't. They don't believe that they are killing anything, according to the pro abortioners on CD. They don't believe that the baby is killed.

What they think is happening during an abortion is anybody's guess.

Killing someone else is not autonomy. A baby has DNA and blood type, as well as a body. I don't know any women that posses 2 separate DNA, do you?

Old 06-12-2018, 02:13 PM

779 posts, read 596,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
It's not your own body, though. Do to your own body whatever you like. Get swastika on your forehead, w/e. A separate life inside you is not your body, it's someone else's' body.

Old 06-12-2018, 02:17 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleMerchant View Post
It's not your own body, though. Do to your own body whatever you like. Get swastika on your forehead, w/e. A separate life inside you is not your body, it's someone else's' body.
Then why don't we just remove, intact, the fetus since it is a separate and sentient life. Problem solved. The pregnant woman is no longer pregnant and does not have to give birth and that separate life gets to live. There are plenty of anti-choice people out there willing to care for it, right?

Old 06-12-2018, 02:25 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,671,115 times
About 50 years ago I marched and fought for the right to choose. It was important to me and many in my generation. AFA recreational drugs and prostitution, people of my generation don't feel it is important to us. Many of us cannot fully understand the opioid crisis or why time after time people are revived from an overdose. Neither do we know why someone would have the need to take drugs, legal or not. At this age, my generation has been through a lifetime of pain, illnesses, wars, struggling to make ends meet and administrations that we didn't always agree with, but we learned to deal with it and make the best of what we could. We find it difficult to look at the loss of patriotism and the brainwashing and idealistic teaching in colleges. The lack of respect for the POTUS and his family is unbelievable to many of us. In our lifetime JFK was a womanizer and Clinton made the oval office his sexual playground, yet the media did not show the total disrespect it does today. In our day the media was truthful and honest, not today. Comedians are disgraceful of our POTUS and sports figures making millions off the public disrespect the flag. Immigrants are flooding into this country, yet my grandparents had to go through the process and come here legally.
So...why would I care about legalizing recreational drugs and prostitution?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies