Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why do gun-control advocates so often bollix nomenclature?
It's largely due to stupidity 18 35.29%
It's largely deliberate mendacity 5 9.80%
It's roughly equal parts of stupidity and mendacity 28 54.90%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 08:20 AM

50,371 posts, read 47,120,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Non-sequitur. You deflected from, "a gun shoots itself and kills as much as Heroin shoots itself up and kills."
Well geez, thus the word "probably" because there are no hard numbers. As it should be. It's none of yours or the govts business knowing what anyone owns.

It's like trying to tell how many illegals are here. It's a guess.

Back to the current topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2018, 08:22 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,846,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Well geez, thus the word "probably" because there are no hard numbers. As it should be. It's none of yours or the govts business knowing what anyone owns.

It's like trying to tell how many illegals are here. It's a guess.

Back to the current topic.
Why is Heroin illegal again? Remind me.

Old 06-11-2018, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Why is Heroin illegal again? Remind me.
It should not be. If someone wants to OD I'm ok with that. Same with gun suicides. If someone wants to check out early let em.

Old 06-11-2018, 08:24 AM

Quote:
It should not be. If someone wants to OD I'm ok with that. Same with gun suicides. If someone wants to check out early let em.
You also okay with Heroin dealers within our schools?

Old 06-11-2018, 08:26 AM

Quote:
You also okay with Heroin dealers within our schools?
Now you are down in the weeds. Of course not. It's illegal for kids to sell guns at school too.

Or shall we layer another stupid law onto the existing ones we don't enforce. 80,000 felons (prohibited persons) try to buy a firearm every year and we prosecute about 4. I mean, come on man, we even have their addresses.

Old 06-11-2018, 08:50 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,586,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Oh, I do. I read.

And I am not sure why you're attacking me when I was saying the same damned thing you said.

Do you really think that Congress makes gun laws without ever speaking to anyone who is an expert in weapons technology?

LOL.

Anything Congress does to make laws generally will involve an expert or experts in a given field unless most of Congress are experts in that field already.
That was what I said. Congress consult with experts to determine the laws they pass, which is why they never got any nomenclature wrong in their laws - the gun ban laws ban precisely what they want to ban. They are lying to us.

If you read, you should have come to realize the truth that gun laws focusing only on law abiding citizens don't work, and many leftist politicians just want to ban guns rather than solve any real problems.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Now you are down in the weeds. Of course not. It's illegal for kids to sell guns at school too.

Or shall we layer another stupid law onto the existing ones we don't enforce. 80,000 felons (prohibited persons) try to buy a firearm every year and we prosecute about 4. I mean, come on man, we even have their addresses.
Talk to Trump, the GOP congress, and the NRA about doing thorough background checks.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Probably 150 million gun owners in the US and 5 million belong to the NRA. You really do believe everything the media tells you huh.

In reality the NRA serves many purposes but the biggest is to pay for attorneys to fight straight up dumb gun laws that actual criminals don't give two flips about.
The NRA represents the firearm industry...period.

The NRA spent millions to defeat of legislation in 2013 that would require universal background checks and implement an assault weapons ban. The NRA feeds binary logic to its members (don't allow discussion because they want to take your guns away) to get donations.

Quote:
According to Associate Academic Dean and Associate Professor of Political Science Kyle Dell, the NRA, like many lobbying groups, garners support by having an absolutist point of view on a very narrow set of issues.

“(The NRA) understands its message, and it understands how to have influence in Washington, D.C. on a narrow set of issues,” said Dell. “They sustain themselves by taking very radical positions that are very absolutist in their worldviews in a way that is just so compelling to a very few number of people.”

https://www.guilfordian.com/opinion/...g-legislation/

Old 06-11-2018, 09:10 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,586,913 times
Quote:
The NRA represents the firearm industry...period.

The NRA spent millions to defeat of legislation in 2013 that would require universal background checks and implement an assault weapons ban. The NRA feeds binary logic to its members (don't allow discussion because they want to take your guns away) to get donations.

https://www.guilfordian.com/opinion/...g-legislation/
Quote:
Talk to Trump, the GOP congress, and the NRA about doing thorough background checks.

Are you trying to be stupid, mendacious or both?

Yes, it's a serious question because of your posts.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:19 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,244,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
BTW, I meant to mention that there is another ballot measure coming in Oregon. I-43 uses yet another definition of "assault weapon." It is a mix of Dianne Feinstein's 'Feinstein Amendment,' which was very convoluted and demonstrably very stupidly conceived (Joe Biden has claimed credit for it as being his brainchild).

I have not read I-43 so I'm not sure, but it appears that it would ban any semi-auto capable of accepting a magazine with capacity greater than 10 rounds. This would in effect ban almost all semi-autos, since almost all of them have this capability. The only exceptions would be older guns such as the Mauser C96, the SKS, and the M1 Garand, all of which were made with non-detachable mags. Even a .22LR with a tube mag I think would be banned, since usually the tube mag can be removed, and an extended (over 10) tube installed.

In this case there is perhaps no way to know whether the impetus is stupidity or mendacity.
It’s a bit of both crafted to get the results desired in banning a whole slew of weapons and whatever else they can scoop into the mix.

There plenty of ten round mags to get around the ten round restriction. Takes 1.5 seconds to swap a mag so the round limit is incomparably stupid and idiotic but with liberals it’s to be expected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies