Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 11:46 PM

1,057 posts, read 868,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
And I will simply say, Trump supporters trying to give "helpful advice" while reluctantly admitting that their own Fox News source is blatantly biased, is not helpful. Trump won by the narrowest of margins and because 35,000 votes over three states didn't go the other way, it does not mean Trump has overwhelming support or even majority support. He won a minority election. Trump supporters will not admit that out loud but perhaps they should at least acknowledge that to themselves. That CNN offers an alternative point of view does not mean they are wrong.
Well if you’re trying to understand the trump phenomenon, that’s what I got. At the end of the day, he won. And I believe the media helped him win and they are still helping by the way they treat him and his supporters. That’s just my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2018, 11:49 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by -thomass View Post
Well if you’re trying to understand the trump phenomenon, that’s what I got. At the end of the day, he won. And I believe the media helped him win and they are still helping by the way they treat him and his supporters. That’s just my opinion.
I would rather be right. I would rather be right than cater to Trump or his ridiculous supporters. These people are calling Canada our enemy and giggling like schoolgirls over a dictator. I think news sources like CNN feel the same way.

Old 06-12-2018, 12:01 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,338,692 times
Has CNN destroyed The Left? Not likely.

But there is some evidence that the immature behavior of the mostly-juvenile Left-leaners in the Democratic camp has promoted a severe backlash and the "Clinton clique" is so wrapped up in its own rhetoric that it can't confront the "Trump rebellion"

Personally, I'm sure that a "blue dog" Democratic consensus -- linked below Is a fine example form my own home district (9th-Pennsylvania) -- would pick up steam quickly, but this is such an anathema to the former student-radical element (who are very much accustomed to calling all the shots) that I expect the Democrats to continue shooting themselves in the foot for quite a while to come.

Former ag secretary running for Congress - News - The Times-Tribune

And I couldn't be happier about that.

Quote:
And I couldn't be happier that now Trump is making Canada such an enemy that they are issuing $12B more in tariffs targeted to affect Ohio and Pennsylvania.

Trump, Canada tariffs: States that would lose the most exports - Business Insider

We're entering a new era where allies become enemies and dictators become pals. CNN is just reporting the changes.
Those tariffs are a flea-bite when compared to the real interference with the markets of two generations ago, and as with the Mexican-border wall, they're primarily a symbolic issue designed to catch the attention of Trump's simpler minions.

But what you Lefties have never understood is that there are millions of us who saw Trump as little more than the lesser of several poor choices; many of us voted for Johnson, McMillin or Castle last time around because we felt we had nothing to lose, but as with the Congressional races, you can bet that we will be better-organized, and with a primary goal of keeping Warren, Harris, or any other product of the Cult of the Braying Jackass out of power.

And please stop whining about Russia and Putin; when the last of the "Old Bolsheviks" fell out of power back in 1991, and from that point onward, the Democratic Party's Leftist hijackers became a bigger threat to true pluralism than anything behind a now porous and rusty Iron Curtain.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 06-12-2018 at 12:29 AM..

Old 06-12-2018, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Has CNN destroyed The Left? Not likely.

But there is some evidence that the immature behavior of the mostly-juvenile Left-leaners in the Democratic camp has promoted a severe backlash and the "Clinton clique" is so wrapped up in itsown rhetoric that it can't confront the "Trump rebellion"

Personally, I'm sure that a "blue dog" Democratic consensus -- linked below Is a fine example form my own home district (9th-Pennsylvania) -- would pick up steam quickly, but this is such an anathema to the former student-radical element (who are very much accustomed to calling all the shots) that I expect the Democrats to continue shooting themselves in the foot for quite a while to come.

Former ag secretary running for Congress - News - The Times-Tribune

And I couldn't be happier about that.
And I couldn't be happier that now Trump is making Canada such an enemy that they are issuing $12B more in tariffs targeted to affect Ohio and Pennsylvania.

Trump, Canada tariffs: States that would lose the most exports - Business Insider

We're entering a new era where allies become enemies and dictators become pals. CNN is just reporting the changes.

Old 06-12-2018, 12:07 AM

1,057 posts, read 868,404 times
Quote:
I would rather be right. I would rather be right than cater to Trump or his ridiculous supporters. These people are calling Canada our enemy and giggling like schoolgirls over a dictator. I think news sources like CNN feel the same way.
You don’t have to cater. All I’m saying is that it would help democrats if the msm actually acknowledged trump’s accomplishments. It doesn’t need to be a trump love fest.

Old 06-12-2018, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -thomass View Post
You don’t have to cater. All I’m saying is that it would help democrats if the msm actually acknowledged trump’s accomplishments. It doesn’t need to be a trump love fest.
I think after the way Republicans and Trump the birther treated Obama, there's not a lot of interest in puffing Trump up more than he already does himself. No one on this planet could worship Trump more than Trump worships himself. If CNN started telling me how great Trump was, I'd never watch it again and they know it.

Old 06-12-2018, 01:39 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
And I will simply say, Trump supporters trying to give "helpful advice" while reluctantly admitting that their own Fox News source is blatantly biased, is not helpful. Trump won by the narrowest of margins and because 35,000 votes over three states didn't go the other way, it does not mean Trump has overwhelming support or even majority support. He won a minority election. Trump supporters will not admit that out loud but perhaps they should at least acknowledge that to themselves. That CNN offers an alternative point of view does not mean they are wrong.
Are you serious? As if Fox News does not offer alternative points of view. I've got news for you, they offer MUCH more of that than CNN.

Old 06-12-2018, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Are you serious? As if Fox News does not offer alternative points of view. I've got news for you, they offer MUCH more of that than CNN.
Fox? They ask "Is Trump wonderful or fantastic? You decide!"

MAGA: Morons Are Governing America

Old 06-12-2018, 05:54 AM

2,662 posts, read 1,378,296 times
Quote:
Sorry, Fox News is absolutely not negative on Trump. They simply are not. They are as worshipful as Trump's most ardent supporters.

Please note the difference. Note when they show Trump they play Glory Glory Hallelujah. I mean seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=xf8Uu53x0d8
How can anyone watch this video and defend Fox News as a legitimate news organization?

Old 06-12-2018, 08:33 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
How can anyone watch this video and defend Fox News as a legitimate news organization?
Meh..... Listen to what is being said and who is saying it. Many of them, like Sarah Palin, are not Fox people at all. Her sound bite might be found on CNN as well.
Others make it clear that meeting without preconditions is unwise, but that's not what Trump did, is it? In fact, Trump placed extreme pressure on NoKo before Kim agreed to talk, and to talk about nuclear weapon elimination. Those are preconditions.

A lot of this is pretty funny. I say CNN has done serious harm to Democrats by poor and unfair and dishonest reporting.
Some say since I believe that, I must believe the same thing about Fox.
Bad news: I don't. I think Fox has served the needs of The Right very well. Election results back me up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies