Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2018, 08:18 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I have provided the information that says the emails were compromised. This is from the section of the IG report that discusses an internal review of the investigation. The conclusion of that review stated what I posted above. That you CHOOSE to read it in another way to make you happy matters not.
You have provided a paragraph that you didnt comprehend that said it was possible that the server had been compromised through someone email being hacked and being linked in.

possible is not the same as it actually happening. The executive summary in the first 10 pages made sure to explain that so that people like you wouldnt jump the gun, but you did it anyways.

Quote:
A statement that the FBI assessed that it was “reasonably likely” that hostile actors gained access to Clinton’s private email server was changed to “possible.”

The statement also acknowledged that the FBI investigation and its forensic analysis did not find evidence that Clinton’s email server systems were compromised
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2018, 08:24 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
She should not have been using anything but a secure computer (for classified emails) at the State Dept. or an issued device to view or send .gov emails to protect the info and keep records of her time as SoS, just like every other government employee is expected to do.
State.gov computers are not secure. You do not put classified material on them. They are in fact less secure than a small group private server such as Clinton's. In fact though neither is very secure.
The issue is record retention not classified material.

Old 06-14-2018, 08:25 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times
Quote:
So what does this do for the obstruction of justice issue for the firing of Comey? This report pretty much concludes that he should have been fired, which both parties at different times have said should happen.
Bit Trump did not initially fire Comey. All these "issues" were well know. It seems Trump appreciated that Comey reopened the email case. He misinterpreted that as loyalty (i.e. loyalty to Trump not the U.S.)

Old 06-14-2018, 08:27 PM

30,168 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
So what does this do for the obstruction of justice issue for the firing of Comey? This report pretty much concludes that he should have been fired, which both parties at different times have said should happen.

A couple problems with saying Trump is in the clear for the Comey firing. One Trump has given more than one explanation for firing Comey so which one is it? Two, just because Comey was incompetent if Trump simply fired Comey because he wanted the Russia investigation to end then it still could be obstruction.

But this report does complicate things. I am sure Trump will assume he is vindicated and call for the Russia investigation to end.

Old 06-14-2018, 08:27 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
State.gov computers are not secure. You do not put classified material on them. They are in fact less secure than a small group private server such as Clinton's. In fact though neither is very secure.
The issue is record retention not classified material.
The issue is both. I stated secure with classified material in parentheses. Those should not be on anything but in the proper secure environment. Yet they were on her server and emailed to people outside the gov. She also was attempting to avoid the records retention requirements.

Old 06-14-2018, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Bit Trump did not initially fire Comey. All these "issues" were well know. It seems Trump appreciated that Comey reopened the email case. He misinterpreted that as loyalty (i.e. loyalty to Trump not the U.S.)
Well this is not really an excuse either because the "issues" were known when Obama was president and he did not fire him either.

Old 06-14-2018, 08:29 PM

30,168 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:

Why would Trump believe Comey reopening the email case was loyalty? I never heard that. Comey worked under the Obama AG office at that time. He had nothing to do with Trump who was a candidate. He asked for loyalty after he was elected.

Old 06-14-2018, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
A couple problems with saying Trump is in the clear for the Comey firing. One Trump has given more than one explanation for firing Comey so which one is it? Two, just because Comey was incompetent if Trump simply fired Comey because he wanted the Russia investigation to end then it still could be obstruction.

But this report does complicate things. I am sure Trump will assume he is vindicated and call for the Russia investigation to end.
I didn't say he was in the clear. I just asked a question. If he is guilty of anything he should be held to account. It will complicate things though going forward and of course Trump is seeing this as a vindication. What is most troubling for me is the lack of professionalism in a LE agency.

Old 06-14-2018, 08:38 PM

26,584 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
...Trump will assume he is vindicated ....

i have no doubt on that.

Old 06-14-2018, 08:40 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,647,284 times
Quote:

Rod Rosenstein's letter recommending Comey be fired

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39866767

Lest we forget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies