Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2018, 01:27 PM

18,046 posts, read 27,501,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Some observations from the Senate Hearing (The House one is later today) and opinions:

1. The best questioner was John Kennedy, the Republican Senator from Louisiana who, by the way, I never heard of until yesterday. His questions were clear and logically sequenced and he didn't show off with long lawyer-speak speeches as lead-ins, like most of the rest of them did, therefore, it seems like he got more questions in. He certainly got answers to questions that others didn't ask. On the subject of Strock bias, he read ALL of Strock's biased e-mail/texts, not just the biased ones related to the Clinton e-mail scandal, to show how pervasive it was.

2. Kamala Harris was the worst. She got it wrong a couple of times (maybe her staff is to blame for that), her questions weren't logically sequenced and she has the "Senate hearing" personality of drying paint. This is the second Senate hearing (ironically, the other one featured Rosenstein and McCabe) I watched her in where she came off badly so maybe she just stinks at hearings. I predict she will never be President because she'll never make it out of the Democrat primaries due to a lackluster personality that she'll need to get Democrat voters enthused about her. Ted Cruz gets the Phoney-Baloney hearing award, not for what he said (which was pretty good) but for pausing for dramatic effect much like his presidential campaign speeches. He's always performing. Can't stand him. He wasn't the only one showboating but he was the Number 1 showboater (Coons from Delaware was the runner up).

3. Around 50, that's 50 FBI employees, accepted gifts from the news media or had contact with them so I wish the media and the politicians would stop saying the rank and file FBI agents are angels...and we're ONLY talking about anything related to the Clinton e-mail scandal with that 50 number. Obviously, this goes deeper than the handful of executives on the 7th floor in DC that we always hear about. If they did it for this case, when else have they done it? By the way, not a single Senator asked Horowitz or Wray, who in the media offered those gifts. I want to know that, don't you? I suspect it's both righty and lefty media and that's why both sides are keeping a lid on it so it doesn't hurt them politically (getting shut out from media attention). Oh yeah, SES employees (those are FBI executives on a different pay scale than the agents) are going for a ONE day, all day training class to make rules crystal clear including Hatch Act. Wray, very unimpressive, acts like this re-training idea is a big deal. Some people have been referred to OPR (Office of Professional Responsibility) but he wouldn't say who.

4. No one asked the Inspector General why he didn't have a clue about what was going on BEFORE the sh** hit the fan. If the employees were running to the media not a single thing reached his ears? Where's his office? In the basement?

5. Senator Kennedy from Louisiana asked if Comey was being referred for possible prosecution. Comey has NOT been referred. This is after he definitely came off as the biggest screw-up by just about everyone present including the 2 testifying. Yup, even more than Strock, Page or McCabe.

6. The questions and answers about the Bill Clinton/Loretta Lynch meeting on the tarmac provided an interesting response. The Inspector General only got Lynch's (and her staff's) side of the story.

7. Ted Cruz asked Wray, I think, who lied to the Senate Judiciary Committee for conflicting stories, McCabe or Comey? Wray said he can't comment on ongoing investigations, a response Wray gave frequently to assorted questions.

8. The most frequent response IG Horowitz gave was "My investigation was only related to the Clinton e-mails with the exception of Anthony Weiner's computer" that touched on this and other investigations. Mostly Democrats, but not only Democrats, tried to tie in the Mueller investigation.

9. Another big issue - how did Giuliani know in advance that something big was coming with Democrats primarily intimating to Wray that the New York FBI also leaked like a sieve not just DC.

10. Leaking: They want us to read Attachment G and H of the Inspector General's report. Attachment G shows all employee types (job titles) who gave info to reporters on a diagram. Attachment H shows the frequency of contacts.

11. Kadzik - Podesta and appearance of objectivity: I didn't know anything about this before the hearing so I withhold any comments until I do some research.

12. Does Senator Blumenthal have Parkinson's? His hands were really shaking. I'm only asking because I saw the hearing when it was obvious there was something wrong with McCain.

13. House hearing with Wray and Horowitz is today.

The IG Report:

https://www.justice.gov/file/1071991/download
Lindsey Graham was absolutely phenomenal.

He looked like he was going to walk up to Wray and Horowitz and pull their hearts out of their chests.

HOWDYOUFEELABOUTTHAT?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 01:29 PM

16,762 posts, read 8,231,655 times
So the only thing in the last few pages is right wing conspiracy theories on stuff not in the report.

While the IG said many times he looked at his responsibility. Wray said that there is another investigation going on and could not comment. I guess that investigation has a larger scope.

Old 06-19-2018, 01:35 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,774,418 times
There is a dangerous arrogance of power among Democrats that should concern every American. In the 2012 election the IRS was used to silence opposition, this time it was senior level FBI agents, both times the media was involved.

If you agree with the tactics that they used against Trump, it could be the other way around in another election.

Old 06-19-2018, 01:42 PM

16,762 posts, read 8,231,655 times
Here's another one. ^

Old 06-19-2018, 01:49 PM

7,272 posts, read 4,222,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
There is a dangerous arrogance of power among Democrats that should concern every American.
Would have to agree. I'm trying to have an open mind on this issue and have watched part of the hearings at both the senate and house. Have to keep reminding myself that this report and situation specifically relates to one narrow event concerning the use of a personal email account that had classified information on it - specifically the way the FBI/DOJ handled the investigation. It doesn't get into the other emails, the destruction of the server, the hacking by hostile foreign actors, etc. I really hope people get locked up because of this and that they keep digging to get to the truth. So many roadblocks put up by DOJ and others who expected Hillary to win and you don't destroy or hide evidence if you are not guilty.

Hillary did this to herself and she has no one else to blame.

Old 06-19-2018, 01:59 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,376,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Would have to agree. I'm trying to have an open mind on this issue and have watched part of the hearings at both the senate and house. Have to keep reminding myself that this report and situation specifically relates to one narrow event concerning the use of a personal email account that had classified information on it - specifically the way the FBI/DOJ handled the investigation. It doesn't get into the other emails, the destruction of the server, the hacking by hostile foreign actors, etc. I really hope people get locked up because of this and that they keep digging to get to the truth. So many roadblocks put up by DOJ and others who expected Hillary to win and you don't destroy or hide evidence if you are not guilty.

Hillary did this to herself and she has no one else to blame.
Of course she does. Comey beat her out of the Presidency as is made clear in the IG report.

Face the facts. He twice made major presentations on a situation hostile to Clinton while declining to make a report on an investigation hostile to Trump.

Old 06-19-2018, 02:16 PM

7,272 posts, read 4,222,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Of course she does. Comey beat her out of the Presidency as is made clear in the IG report.

Face the facts. He twice made major presentations on a situation hostile to Clinton while declining to make a report on an investigation hostile to Trump.
That's the Dems newest spin on this. Isn't it amazing that the fix was in for her majesty, that pro-Hillary bias permeated DC and specifically the FBI, that the media kept harping about Russia being on Trumps side - and she still lost ?

NONE of this would have come out if she had won. None of it. Comey could have (and should have) made her part of a criminal investigation - but he didn't - hardly hostile to Mrs. C.

Can't wait to learn what's in the other 300,000 emails...

Old 06-19-2018, 02:32 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,391,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Lock him up! Sounds good to me.

Old 06-19-2018, 02:55 PM

40,956 posts, read 49,255,141 times
Quote:

Face the facts. As mentioned, Hillary created the situation that caused this situation to occur. The FBI was trying to bury the Wiener laptop emails until after the election but were about to be outed.

She created her situation. Anything having to do with Trump was incidental.

Old 06-19-2018, 03:07 PM

51,656 posts, read 25,878,242 times
Quote:

This is exactly what happened

Cut through all the gaslighting BS, this is what actually happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies