Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 01:00 PM

68,352 posts, read 54,520,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
He is just your typical family values politician. They just cannot keep their pants zipped up.

Are you sure that isn't fantasy values politician?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2018, 01:15 PM

75 posts, read 55,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yeah because heterosexuals have such a great track record
Um.....your answer is contained in what you quoted

Gay or straight, people have a hard time with fidelity meaning commitment to one individual for life.
Self identified "Gays" are notorious for switching partners like they switch underwear

Old 06-14-2018, 01:21 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,938,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinimalistMary View Post

Gay or straight, people have a hard time with fidelity meaning commitment to one individual for life.
Self identified "Gays" are notorious for switching partners like they switch underwear
I've known many "gays" who were very faithful to their partners.

And I've known a few men like Giuliani.

Some people have a hard time with fidelity. Some people don't have a hard time at all.

Old 06-14-2018, 01:28 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,653,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Married ones?
My neighbors, whom I've known for about 6 years, are a married gay couple. I think it's been 3 years since they got married. They drove to DC to do it. However, marriage has not stopped them from having extra-marital affairs. In fact, over the last few years, they have had as many as 4 roommates/sex partners live with them, and they both engage in sexual activity with said individuals. In all the time I've known them, they have been a couple, but it has never been a monogamous relationship, even after they got married. If you are wondering how I know these intimate details, it's because they are very open about these things. And we are actually friends, one of them actually used to work for me at my restaurant. So I am not making assumptions here about their roomies, they have both told me they have sex with them. And honestly, I don't care. They are good neighbors, they never cause me any trouble. The only purpose of me sharing this information was to address the question posed by this user. Yes, married ones, from my experience, do seem to frequently engage in sex with different partners outside of their marriage. I'm sure that doesn't mean that all married gay couples engage in these activities, but the couple that I know personally certainly does.

Old 06-14-2018, 01:29 PM

52,791 posts, read 34,690,116 times
Default Married Family Values Republican Giuliani Dating Married GOP Fundraiser But Gays are Bad?

strawman.
giuliani never claimed to be a family values republican nor did he say gays are bad

Old 06-14-2018, 01:36 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,653,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinimalistMary View Post

This is absolutely true. I have been married for almost 20 years, and I have never strayed. But that is because I do not put myself in situations that might lead to me cheating on my wife. You actually have to make a conscious effort to stay away from situations which could lead you to break your vow. If I had ever wanted to cheat, I know it would not be a problem. However, if you honestly do not want to cheat, you still have to keep yourself in check and stay away from situations which might increase the likelihood that you will step out on your partner. We are all human, and I am not stupid enough to think that my will to be faithful could never be swayed by desire and opportunity. So I just try to make sure I'm never in a position to be tempted. And it's worked so far.

Old 06-14-2018, 01:42 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,938,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
This is absolutely true. I have been married for almost 20 years, and I have never strayed. But that is because I do not put myself in situations that might lead to me cheating on my wife. You actually have to make a conscious effort to stay away from situations which could lead you to break your vow. If I had ever wanted to cheat, I know it would not be a problem. However, if you honestly do not want to cheat, you still have to keep yourself in check and stay away from situations which might increase the likelihood that you will step out on your partner. We are all human, and I am not stupid enough to think that my will to be faithful could never be swayed by desire and opportunity. So I just try to make sure I'm never in a position to be tempted. And it's worked so far.
Minimalist is saying that gay people are more likely to be unfaithful. Is that really your position as well?

Because I can't even count on one hand the men I've known that haven't cheated on their partners, and the vast majority of them are not gay. And I wouldn't say it was a gender thing, either, because I've known many women who cheated on their husbands.

Old 06-14-2018, 01:46 PM

26,587 posts, read 15,157,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
It never ceases to amaze me that Republicans with multiple marriages and long histories of infidelity will have opposition to gay marriage on the Republican Party platform. They discard wives like tissue but gays are ruining the sanctity of marriage? Giuliani's third wife just filed for divorce.

Rudy Giuliani confirms he's dating Republican fundraiser | Daily Mail Online

Your overall point stands: that people who trade wives as much as they do their underwear undermines marriage more than gay marriage and it is hypocritical for someone to accept this type of behavior but bemoan two men marrying.

I personally think anti-gay marriage Republicans are typically hypocritical. They want smaller government, but then they want a bigger government to ban something that won't hurt them - gay marriage.

However, Giuliani supports gay marriage and has a similar time frame for conversion to that of Obama. He actually supported civil unions for same-sex couples years before Obama was even willing to go that far. He has even officiated a gay wedding.

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/politic...trump-cabinet/

Old 06-14-2018, 03:30 PM

75 posts, read 55,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
A+++++

Old 06-14-2018, 03:32 PM

923 posts, read 496,660 times
Seriously? This is all you leftards have got? No dang wonder you're losing ground on a daily basis, no one takes you seriously anymore with this weak-sauce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies