Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 05:26 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,366,997 times

Advertisements

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/why...rump-to-hitler

This is a well-written piece from a Jewish woman, who from her credit, appears to be a student or teacher at Pennsylvania State U. It's from May 2016, but never more relevant as comparisons between Trump and Hitler proliferate from the left. I have actually heard Holocaust survivors quoted as being offended by the comparisons, but unfortunately can't lay my finger on such a quote now.

But this piece will do to make the argument. An excerpt:

Quote:
I am not in favor of Trump nor am I against him. In fact, I have no idea who I am voting for. But I am against the misuse of a man's name who will live on in infamy. If you fear Trump merely because of Hitler, then you don't know what real fear is. If you were a Jew during World War II, all you knew how to feel was fear because you were literally ripped out of your home and from that moment forward, you lived every day not knowing if it would be your last.
The name "Hitler" strikes a chord with Jewish people, Holocaust victims, Holocaust survivors and practically all human beings. You need to understand the severity of this name before you dare say it or use it on social media. You need to understand the Holocaust before jumping to conclusions about what defines "Hitler."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2018, 06:22 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,950,769 times
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

Old 06-14-2018, 06:42 PM

1,704 posts, read 749,919 times
Trump is not yet done!

He is definitely a narcissistic, maniacally egotistical, power-hungry, dictatorial, alt-right-racist tyrant.

Any appropriate end to his reign will be justifiable!

Old 06-14-2018, 06:44 PM

20,873 posts, read 9,546,294 times
I agree, the Trump-Hitler comparisons are getting silly.

Instead we should focus on Trump and Kaiser Wilhelm.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:45 PM

30,379 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
https://www.theodysseyonline.com/why...rump-to-hitler

This is a well-written piece from a Jewish woman, who from her credit, appears to be a student or teacher at Pennsylvania State U. It's from May 2016, but never more relevant as comparisons between Trump and Hitler proliferate from the left. I have actually heard Holocaust survivors quoted as being offended by the comparisons, but unfortunately can't lay my finger on such a quote now.

But this piece will do to make the argument. An excerpt:
Then she needs to come up with a cure for TDS

To the TDS sufferers, Trump making a joke and every great success our country has is worse than the Holocaust

Old 06-14-2018, 06:47 PM

20,873 posts, read 9,546,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I agree, the Trump-Hitler comparisons are getting silly.

Instead we should focus on Trump and Kaiser Wilhelm.
Hadn't even clicked on any of the links in that article, but apparently I took the words right out of somebody else's mouth:

Stop comparing Donald Trump to Hitler – he has more in common with another erratic German leader
Quote:
Many of the parallels between the Kaiser and Donald Trump are darkly comic. Trump displays a fragile sensitivity, lashing out at those who mock or undermine him while also lavishing praise on any figure who flatters or supports him, from world leaders to innocuous teenagers. In his time, the leader of Europe’s military and economic powerhouse was equally notorious for his outbursts and gaffes. On one occasion, the boat-mad Kaiser posted a notice in the clubhouse at Britain’s prestigious national yachting regatta complaining that the handicapping system in use was “perfectly appalling” despite the fact that his yacht actually won the race (one is reminded of Trump complaining that his own election was rigged).

Old 06-14-2018, 06:47 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,399,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
Trump is not yet done!

He is definitely a narcissistic, maniacally egotistical, power-hungry, dictatorial, alt-right-racist tyrant.

You don't sound like a fan of democracy.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:49 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,399,266 times
The Left has long ago crossed the Rubicon with the Nazi comparisons. The accusations have no more inherent meaning. The article, while well intentioned, has no practical value today. There is nothing left to recover. Its all been used like a dollar store dishrag that fell apart after the election.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:50 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,584,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
Trump is not yet done!

It is both inexcusably ignorant and extremely idiotic to compare Trump to Hitler.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:52 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,344,411 times
Trump is a philandering moron. Comparisons to Hitler are retarded. If he starts rounding up millions of mexicans and sends them to work camps I'll readjust my stance. Until then, retarded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies