Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 01:14 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,975,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
Error here:

You don't see that Making America "Great" Again is really code for Making America "White" Again?
Quite frankly, no. As propagandistic as the slogan is, did you ever consider maybe you're reading too much into it? No need to answer. I already can guess what you'll say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2018, 01:19 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Voting in one dictator after another every four years, does not a democracy make.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Finally, someone who gets it.....But MY dictator is so much more personable and likeable than YOUR dictator.
Congress has allowed it to happen by giving the executive branch, more and more power since the day after the Constitution was ratified.

imo, it's like showing up for a college class where all the students are given an A by their professor and the professor says, now work to keep it. I think we're down to a D ... just short of the F, for failed democracy, because working to keep the A, is just too much hard work.

Old 06-16-2018, 01:23 AM

1,704 posts, read 750,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Trump is going to put Americans of color behind the border wall?

Whoa... I never heard this one.
Most people south of the US border are people of color. In order to maintain the current white majority of the US, Trump wants to further restrict immigration from the south by placing a heavily guarded physical barrier between the US and the south.

This is the era of the new Alt-Right Jim Crow. The Wall to be built is to serve as an iconic symbol and reminder of racial segregation. A type of racial segregation often espoused by Trump's debased racist Alt-Right base.

Old 06-16-2018, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Quite frankly, no. As propagandistic as the slogan is, did you ever consider maybe you're reading too much into it? No need to answer. I already can guess what you'll say.
Am I also reading too much into his appointing Alt-Right staff members as presidential advisors?

Do you know about Stephen Miller, Julia Hahn, Sebastian Gorka, Michael Flynn, Jeff Sessions, and Steve Bannon?

Do you also know that Stephen Miller and the notorious white supremacist, Richard Spencer were BFF's while attending college at Duke University?

Furthermore, you do know of course that Jeff Sessions has been a racist practically all of his life, as reported by the late and Honorable Ms. Coretta Scott King...

I doubt very seriously that DJT would be attempting to construct a wall between the US and its southern neighbors, if those neighbors were white. If they were white, DJT and his base would most likely chop trees, pave roads, and create expeditious paths to citizenship.

Old 06-16-2018, 05:02 AM

27,579 posts, read 28,687,607 times
Quote:
Most people south of the US border are people of color. In order to maintain the current white majority of the US, Trump wants to further restrict immigration from the south by placing a heavily guarded physical barrier between the US and the south.

This is the era of the new Alt-Right Jim Crow. The Wall to be built is to serve as an iconic symbol and reminder of racial segregation. A type of racial segregation often espoused by Trump's debased racist Alt-Right base.
Every nation, including the United States, has the right to secure its borders and prevent illegal entry of foreign nationals.

This has nothing remotely to do with segregation.

Old 06-16-2018, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Every nation, including the United States, has the right to secure its borders and prevent illegal entry of foreign nationals.

This has nothing remotely to do with segregation.
Perhaps you're right after all!

Too bad the Wampanoags didn't properly guard their borders. They might have saved millions from unnecessary suffering....

Old 06-16-2018, 07:26 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,054,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
https://www.theodysseyonline.com/why...rump-to-hitler

This is a well-written piece from a Jewish woman, who from her credit, appears to be a student or teacher at Pennsylvania State U. It's from May 2016, but never more relevant as comparisons between Trump and Hitler proliferate from the left. I have actually heard Holocaust survivors quoted as being offended by the comparisons, but unfortunately can't lay my finger on such a quote now.

But this piece will do to make the argument. An excerpt:
I agree.

Old 06-16-2018, 07:37 AM

62,974 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Yeah, well when the Trump administration stops ripping children from parents maybe we can stop comparing them with Nazi's.

How convenient for you not to mention that this isn't Trump's law but a policy that has been on the books for years. How convenient for you not to mention that these children being separated from their parents (not ripped as you so dramatically put it) are the children of illegal aliens and don't deserve to go to jail with their law breaking parents just as we don't do with children of American law breakers.

When did Hitler rip/separate the children of illegal aliens from their parents? Nazism, my a**!

Old 06-16-2018, 07:40 AM

62,974 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Trump is going to put Americans of color behind the border wall?

Whoa... I never heard this one.

I know, these race card pullers make me sick! The border wall is to stop illegal entry their race or skin color is irrelevant.

Old 06-16-2018, 08:00 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,732,353 times
Quote:
Perhaps you're right after all!

Too bad the Wampanoags didn't properly guard their borders. They might have saved millions from unnecessary suffering....
You should really know history before you try to use obscure references....

In 1600 the Wampanoag probably were as many as 12,000 with 40 villages divided roughly between 8,000 on the mainland and another 4,000 on the off-shore islands of Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. The three epidemics which swept across New England and the Canadian Maritimes between 1614 and 1620 were especially devastating to the Wampanoag and neighboring Massachuset with mortality in many mainland villages (i.e. Patuxet) reaching 100%. When the Pilgrims landed in 1620, fewer than 2,000 mainland Wampanoag had survived. The island Wampanoag were protected somewhat by their relative isolation and still had 3,000. At least 10 mainland villages had been abandoned after the epidemics, because there was no one left. After English settlement of Massachusetts, epidemics continued to reduce the mainland Wampanoag until there were only 1,000 by 1675.

ww.tolatsga.org/wampa.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies