Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 04:51 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,853,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
You don't see that Making America "Great" Again is really code for Making America "White" Again?
That assertion is quite clearly delusional as millions and millions of LEGAL immigrants are various different races/ethnicities.

There seems to be quite a number of people who just aren't right in the head. How does mass delusion/hysteria happen?

How To Know You're in a Mass Hysteria Bubble
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2018, 04:55 AM

Quote:
John Legend is both an artistical genius and a humanitarian. The depth of his concerns for humanity is boundless. Anyone who questions either the authenticity of Mr. John Legend's integrity or his mental clarity is delusional.
Oh, BS. Where was he when the Obama Administration was putting kids in cages (the photos that were circulated and falsely attributed to Trump)?

Old 06-17-2018, 06:18 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,384,174 times
I saw on CNN that Trump now even has camps. He is just like Hitler!

Old 06-17-2018, 06:30 AM

1,704 posts, read 749,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That assertion is quite clearly delusional as millions and millions of LEGAL immigrants are various different races/ethnicities.

There seems to be quite a number of people who just aren't right in the head. How does mass delusion/hysteria happen?

It's not called "mass hysteria" when actual existing facts raise genuine human concern about the subversion of our democratic electoral process by an Alt-Right narcissistic tyrannical and dictatorial racist who colludes with another tyrannical dictatorial tyrant of an adversarial foreign government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Oh, BS. Where was he when the Obama Administration was putting kids in cages (the photos that were circulated and falsely attributed to Trump)?
I'm quite certain that President Obama had the decency NOT to cage children.

Therefore, provide links to your suspect allegations or I'll just assume the inevitable....

Your allegation is false just like all the rest of your usual BS!

Old 06-17-2018, 06:48 AM

Quote:
It's not called "mass hysteria" when actual existing facts raise genuine human concern about the subversion of our democratic electoral process by an Alt-Right narcissistic tyrannical and dictatorial racist who colludes with another tyrannical dictatorial tyrant of an adversarial foreign government.
If that's what you consider an "actual existing fact," I'm sure you'll have no problem posting the link to the immigration bill that limits legal immigration to "white people only."

Quote:

Therefore, provide links to your suspect allegations or I'll just assume the inevitable....

And, naturally, you'd be wrong...
Quote:
"The images that had been shared on social media by liberal activists, according to The Hill, showed children in cages alongside the claim that they were undocumented immigrant children who were being detained by the Trump administration.

But the pictures were taken in 2014, several years before Trump took office—meaning they were taken during Obama’s second term in the White House.

Among those who shared the pictures, which were taken by Associated Press, was Obama speechwriter Jon Favreau, who later deleted the images after it emerged they were old and had first been published by The Arizona Republic in 2014."
Trump Slams Critics for Sharing Old Pictures of Children in Cages to Make Him Look Bad - Newsweek

Old 06-17-2018, 07:13 AM

Quote:

I agree and always try to ignore the fact to fit my narrative. Even though those photos of children in cages have been shown to have been taken during the Obama administration, I still feel the need to deny that fact. Of course, it helps that the MSM has downplayed that fact and continued to allow people to think otherwise, which helps me to continue to push my own narrative.

Old 06-17-2018, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I agree and always try to ignore the fact to fit my narrative. Even though those photos of children in cages have been shown to have been taken during the Obama administration, I still feel the need to deny that fact. Of course, it helps that the MSM has downplayed that fact and continued to allow people to think otherwise, which helps me to continue to push my own narrative.
See what I mean? It's mass hysteria, exactly as described earlier:

Old 06-17-2018, 07:36 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,740,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
https://www.theodysseyonline.com/why...rump-to-hitler

This is a well-written piece from a Jewish woman, who from her credit, appears to be a student or teacher at Pennsylvania State U. It's from May 2016, but never more relevant as comparisons between Trump and Hitler proliferate from the left. I have actually heard Holocaust survivors quoted as being offended by the comparisons, but unfortunately can't lay my finger on such a quote now.

But this piece will do to make the argument. An excerpt:
She is a writer whose other works typically involve comparing wed and the city to rush week.

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/user/@rebeccalast

And for the record being jewish does not make you an expert on the holocaust let alone qualified to determine whether or not the current political climate mirrors what happened in fascist Germany.

Jews are not all the same, some are liberal, some are conservative, some are actual experts in this field and other write puff pieces claiming that the "real housewives can get you through finals".

Meanwhile actual holocaust survivors have a wildly different opinion than a sorority member and communications major whose only qualification you espouse is her "jewishness". Shame one you.

http://www.newsweek.com/im-holocaust...ok-over-876965

Old 06-18-2018, 08:34 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,366,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
You are the one who started this thread off with ad hominem* comments. Stop criticizing me for giving additional context to the personal statements you made.

* "To the person" is what ad hominen means, not automatically negative although that's how it's often used. But don't expect to bolster your points with comments about the person and then think you are entitled to criticize anyone else who mentions personal characteristics
I am trying to figure out where I made any ad hominem comments. The only possible ONE I can see is that I identified the writer as Jewish. However, I did not say nor imply that this bolstered her case in any way. I simply quoted from her piece, and let it speak for itself. Therefore this does not constitute 'ad hominem.' What other ad hominem do you see from me? I will certainly say 'stand corrected' if so.

You clearly meant to imply that the writer was discredited by listing her other work. That is indeed ad hominem. How is it not? You tried to discredit her piece about Trump via reference to other, unrelated pieces.

Old 06-18-2018, 08:37 PM

Well I'm not Jewish, but I'm a Democrat and I think these comparisons are helpful because they convince some people that Trump is like Hitler, and any bad news for Trump is good news for me, since he's trying to ruin my business by ending my endless supply of unskilled labor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies