Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 04:32 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
GEE after all the problems you listed no one should be born.
I didn't say all of those things are reasons not to have a baby, I'm asking your position on them.

Actually, I'm trying to have a conversation with you, but it seems that you are deflecting.

Old 06-19-2018, 04:34 PM

Quote:
The Church is against war and the death penalty. They also have many programs for mothers and children.

Also you say nothing about rich women aborting their children.
And you said you are helping children by supporting Trump.

Old 06-19-2018, 04:34 PM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,086,000 times
OP...sure. The despicable dems complain about a few lousy illegal children that are being put into safe keeping. Yet they murder tens of millions of babies.

Old 06-19-2018, 04:55 PM

Well, this discussion is getting ugly.

OP, I do wish that you would address some of the questions that have been posed to you. They are relevant, yet the only comments you have made in answer are accusations of deflection and flippant comments about nobody being born.

As for the folks bashing all Catholics (and other Christians, for that matter), some of the mud you are slinging at the OP is not only hitting its intended target, it's splashing all over other people, as well. Ugly generalizations are always ugly.

I usually try to avoid debates about abortion, and now I am remembering why.

Old 06-19-2018, 05:08 PM

31,053 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
But the rest of society sees how unfair and how unfair to pay for something that is so abhorrent.
I think abortion should be free for all. Sometimes you just have to do it for the betterment of society

Old 06-19-2018, 05:12 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
And many are against abortion and being FORCED to pay for them. Talk about being forced, that is force right there.
Are you opposed to being forced to pay for social programs to feed and clothe these kids?

Are you opposed to being forced to pay for wars that kill kids and pregnant women all over the world?

Old 06-19-2018, 05:13 PM

Quote:
You need to watch the movie, "The Given." People can become so ignorant they just think killing the disabled and throwing them away is nothing at all. Just all in a days work. Just put them in a box and send them down the shoot to the trash. All in a day's work, with white gloves on.
I don't watch propaganda films.

They seem to set you off. Perhaps you should ease off on them, too.

Old 06-19-2018, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Well it would be nice if people used their brains and not have sex until they are ready to have a child. They should know sex makes babies with all the sex instructions they get now and so called protection.
People do use their brains. It's called "biology" and it urges people who have gone through puberty already to begin having sexual intercourse.

We are animals, after all. Hormones control our urges and we can sometimes not act on them, but sometimes we just don't want to not act on them, particularly in love relationships.

Doesn't mean we want kids then... or ever.

Humans are special in that we can have sex for pleasure and for procreation.

Why do you want us to deny ourselves something that was built into our biology.... by God?

I mean, you do believe in God, right?

Also, not everyone gets these comprehensive instructions or this protection you're speaking of, so there's that to compound the issue.

No woman should have to have a baby before she is ready.

Old 06-19-2018, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
So in effect, treating children as punishment for "sin"?

How loving.
Yes... I'm surprised there's not a motion on the table for the wearing of the scarlet letter of some sort. Perhaps a scarlet S.

Old 06-19-2018, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I believe in a womans right to choose but I find it ironic how the Left are champions for abortion and are almost proud that planned parenthood does so many. The Left didn't even seem to have a problem when planned parenthood was selling parts from those aborted babies.

It is an extreme how the Left views abortion and how the Conservative Right sees it.

It is also hypocritical of the Left that they don't have a problem with ripping a baby from a mothers womb but they are throwing fits that children are being ripped from mothers arms at the border?
Where did you get this silly idea that anyone is proud that abortions are needed?

What they are proud of is that this service is AVAILABLE and that women have a CHOICE.

I can turn that back around and say it's hypocritical to be all indifferent to the suffering of living, breathing human children who are ripped from their parents' arms and may never be returned to them, but all bent out of shape over a POTENTIAL human being whose POTENTIAL mother was not ready to carry a child and frankly, we do not even know if that many of these aborted fetuses would ever have been carried to term, because miscarriages do happen.

I prefer to place my support with the living, breathing, independent human beings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies