Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 09:54 AM

18,742 posts, read 7,613,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
VATICAN CITY – Pope Francis on Saturday said that the use of abortion to terminate pregnancies likely to produce disabled or chronically ill children was the product of a Nazi mentality.
What did the Pope say about using abortion simply to get rid of unwanted baggage that's inconvenient to the mother's desired lifestyle?

Old 06-19-2018, 10:18 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
Why on earth would I care what some random old man who professes to never have sex thinks I should or should not do with my uterus? I mean, this is the same guy who believes in a hell with a devil and pitchfork, no?

Old 06-19-2018, 10:47 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Why on earth would I care what some random old man who professes to never have sex thinks I should or should not do with my uterus?
You shouldn't.

Sadly, there are millions of people on this earth who believe that THEIR own personal religious beliefs should be applied to ALL of humanity.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:43 AM

1,798 posts, read 3,022,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
FORCE every woman who gets pregnant to give birth. Abled, disabled, dead or dying in the womb, whether she has the means to care and provide for it, it matters not. All that matters is that we FORCE every pregnant woman to give birth, whether they want to or not.

THIS is the America the OP fantasizes about.
Then as the neglected child grows up and resorts to crime, we can then rejoice about how a good guy with a gun kills this bad guy (the child). Maybe that's why they want these babies born, so they'll have more target practice in the future.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:47 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
They should spend majority of time worrying about ones already here. Policies they set in place say otherwise. Hypocrisy.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:50 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
They should spend majority of time worrying about ones already here. Policies they set in place say otherwise. Hypocrisy.
That would only apply if these forced-birthers actually cared about the ones who are already here. They do not.

The OP doesn't even pretend to. She just wants to force every pregnant woman to give birth. That's the first, last and only thing she cares about.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:56 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
Pope Francis said this and it should be studied well.

Pope Francis suggests it

Old 06-19-2018, 12:25 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
You still have not said anything about my earlier question, other than to accuse me of deflecting.

One of the biggest problems I have with some pro-lifers is that they are determined to shred the very social safety net that would support people who DO have severely disabled or chronically ill children. How, pray tell, does that attitude align with protecting the impoverished, elderly, and unborn?

What was your response when Pope Francis said that healthcare is a right, and not a privilege?

What is your response when Republicans propose slashing Medicaid? What about Medicare?

What is your response to the lack of affordable housing in this country?

What is your response to people who would like to do away with SNAP?

I'm pretty sure you will either ignore my question or accuse me of deflecting again, but these things matter. In some cases, they matter a lot, in terms of whether or not a woman chooses to carry a pregnancy to term. Do you have any idea how financially devastating some of the conditions that lead a woman to abort can be? Money should not be a factor in the decision, but unfortunately, for many people it is, not because they want it to be, but because it comes down to the survival of the rest of the family. Can we not talk about how to change that, or is asking the question just more "deflecting?"

I suspect, based on your posts, that you would like to see abortion outlawed. If that is the case - and please correct me if I am wrong - shouldn't the government that prohibits it also take steps to ensure that these children are cared for after they've been born?
GEE after all the problems you listed no one should be born.

Old 06-19-2018, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Pope Francis said this and it should be studied well.

Pope Francis suggests it
And in Hypocritical Christian the Pope means one who follows Christ but is still for abortion. You can't be both.

Old 06-19-2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
That would only apply if these forced-birthers actually cared about the ones who are already here. They do not.

The OP doesn't even pretend to. She just wants to force every pregnant woman to give birth. That's the first, last and only thing she cares about.
Love them both is what I care about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies