Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 09:26 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
While for the most part I agree with you things certainly do seem to be changing. Remember , black people make up a very small percentage of our population, like 13%. And of that small percentage black males commit 70% of all crimes. That is a pretty sobering statistic, and claiming they are being targeted doesn't cut it. I'm sorry , but one would be stupid not to be on edge around some black people...depending on the situation.

Here is one individual that wasn't , and thought he was safe in his vehicle in a park parking lot waiting for his kid to get done playing soccer....guess not. He was attacked by black teens... 15-16 ... that young and that violent ?! Notice the head stomp, after he was already knocked out and on the ground, nice touch, huh ?

https://youtu.be/1pQuVHAHuEY

https://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news...occer-practice

This is just one of the many reasons you see people, especially law enforcement on edge.
So using your reasoning, should I be afraid of white males because they commit most of the mass shootings in schools? I should start profiling all of them and calling the police on them because of the actions of a few?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2018, 09:32 AM

29,481 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
So using your reasoning, should I be afraid of white males because they commit most of the mass shootings in schools? I should start profiling all of them and calling the police on them because of the actions of a few?

No. Remember, the gun is to blame in those cases. Be afraid of every firearm owner, and condemn them for the actions of a few. Don't you listen to David Hogg ?!
Oh , and as far as calling the police on anyone that is seen with a firearm, that is already being done.

You do bring up a good point. And yes, I do think profiling the high school "odd" kid, that is just a bit too much into violent things , guns and whatever other red flags that pop up. It would be stupid not to be aware of such a person and keep an eye on them.

My comment obviously triggered you. Did you happen to see my "depending on the situation" , of course not , you chose to ignore that.

Old 06-26-2018, 09:33 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,494,478 times
When Moore showed the resident his ID the resident then asked for a second form of ID. Sheesh.

Old 06-26-2018, 09:52 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,324 times
Quote:
No. Remember, the gun is to blame in those cases. Be afraid of every firearm owner, and condemn them for the actions of a few. Don't you listen to David Hogg ?!
Oh , and as far as calling the police on anyone that is seen with a firearm, that is already being done.

You do bring up a good point. And yes, I do think profiling the high school "odd" kid, that is just a bit too much into violent things , guns and whatever other red flags that pop up. It would be stupid not to be aware of such a person and keep an eye on them.

My comment obviously triggered you. Did you happen to see my "depending on the situation" , of course not , you chose to ignore that.
So not triggered by your comments.

So depending on the situation, I should be wary of white males- gotcha.

Old 06-26-2018, 09:57 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
When Moore showed the resident his ID the resident then asked for a second form of ID. Sheesh.
Kind of like how the COLB wasn't good enough for President Obama, he needed to produce the long form as well. And then the long form wasn't good enough...

Hmm...what do President Obama and this firefighter have in common?

Old 06-26-2018, 09:57 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0cb56051b7804

"Kevin Moore was in uniform, with a clipboard and fire truck during a routine inspection. Residents called 911 and videotaped him."

Are these people really that stupid, or are they just acting out on their desire to denigrate a black man?
This disgusts me.

Why do SOME white people hate minorities so much? And god bless any of these people who claim to be Christian.

Old 06-26-2018, 10:05 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
This disgusts me.

Why do SOME white people hate minorities so much? And god bless any of these people who claim to be Christian.
This may have nothing to do with race.

It may be that the other side has won. We now live in a terrorphobic society.

I just now coined that word. Maybe it will go viral.

Old 06-26-2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
So not triggered by your comments.

So depending on the situation, I should be wary of white males- gotcha.

That is one of the problems with our country. We have gotten so PC that we don't allow ourselves to profile in certain situations. In many cases allowing ourselves to become victims.

You mentioned that all school shootings are done by white males. Yes, I agree with that. Except in every one of those cases, those kids were on the radar but nothing could be done about it. In the Parkland one, many of the students knew who it was or were not surprised that it was him. The fact that the students and the faculty pretty much expected it to happen, means he was profiled, sadly nothing could be done about it and we see what ended up happening.

It's your choice. See everything thru rose colored glasses and become a victim or see things for what they really are. And again, you glossed over what I really said, which was not "be wary of white males" , those glasses are really working well for you.

Old 06-26-2018, 10:16 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
While for the most part I agree with you things certainly do seem to be changing. Remember , black people make up a very small percentage of our population, like 13%. And of that small percentage black males commit 70% of all crimes. That is a pretty sobering statistic, and claiming they are being targeted doesn't cut it. I'm sorry , but one would be stupid not to be on edge around some black people...depending on the situation.
If a black kid robs a 7/11 he goes to prison. If a White banker robs the country he gets an invite to the White House.

Old 06-26-2018, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
This may have nothing to do with race.

It may be that the other side has won. We now live in a terrorphobic society.

I just now coined that word. Maybe it will go viral.

Great term. And I think you are right. What do we see 24/7 on the news and on social media ? Violence. This side hates that side, shooting after shooting etc. It does make people "terrorphobic". Sure there are places in Detroit I won't go, just like there are place all across our country that are not safe to be in. The truth is the majority of our country is safe, and violent free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies