Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 12:08 PM

297 posts, read 166,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
That is a sad statement. I couldn’t even imagine shooting someone due to skin color. Seriously, your post is one of the most disturbing comments I have read here.
Well, sadly the world is disturbing. People have shot, and continue to shoot, other people simply because they are born in different geographical regions, speak different languages or pray to a different invisible man in the sky. People have shot, and continue to shoot people because of skin color too. So, i'm sorry, what exactly is disturbing about my post? It's called a history book. Read one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2018, 12:15 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,322 times
I see more black people being afraid of white people and police now, as well as more white people being afraid of blacks, Hispanics, and police now. I blame the media for trying to convince the American people that this country is on such a path of destruction the fear is needed. It's not. This country is safer than it's ever been. I blame the media for making money off these fears and continuing to urge division in a country that had almost come together.

Everyone is freaking out, and I hope we get it together and turn off the opinion news channels like CNN, FOX, MSMBC, and CBS.

Don't buy into the hype.

Old 06-26-2018, 12:25 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortpes View Post
I can tell you this. Over years of following crime reports I have noticed a trend. If you see a youngish black man (age 16-26 say) on a bicycle in your area beware. He may be a criminal. So it is easy to understand these people.
And if you see a white male around a playground beware? I'm just guessing given your logic.

A white friend of mine that I suggested riding a bike around the neighborhood for exercise said to me, "no way, I'm a white male, I can't ride a bike around a neighborhood, people will think I'm a pedophile!"

It's the same for black people. They know what you're thinking. Don't buy into the gang activity reports from inner cities. Unless you happen to live in an inner city and are involved in gang activity. I try not to see all white males as pedophiles.

Old 06-26-2018, 01:19 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0cb56051b7804

"Kevin Moore was in uniform, with a clipboard and fire truck during a routine inspection. Residents called 911 and videotaped him."

Are these people really that stupid, or are they just acting out on their desire to denigrate a black man?

Yes in both cases.....

Old 06-26-2018, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I want to see what he was wearing - on his feet. If it was those blaring white sneakers the hood kids wear that is unprofessional and might look suspicious.

Black firefighters are not Hood!!!

Old 06-26-2018, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
While for the most part I agree with you things certainly do seem to be changing. Remember , black people make up a very small percentage of our population, like 13%. And of that small percentage black males commit 70% of all crimes. That is a pretty sobering statistic, and claiming they are being targeted doesn't cut it. I'm sorry , but one would be stupid not to be on edge around some black people...depending on the situation.

Here is one individual that wasn't , and thought he was safe in his vehicle in a park parking lot waiting for his kid to get done playing soccer....guess not. He was attacked by black teens... 15-16 ... that young and that violent ?! Notice the head stomp, after he was already knocked out and on the ground, nice touch, huh ?

https://youtu.be/1pQuVHAHuEY

https://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news...occer-practice

This is just one of the many reasons you see people, especially law enforcement on edge.

Black or rather African Americans do not commit 70% of all of the crimes in the United States of America.

Old 06-26-2018, 01:40 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Black or rather African Americans do not commit 70% of all of the crimes in the United States of America.

Yes, I corrected that in a later post. It is 37% , still a disproportionately high rate for such a small segment of the population don't you think ?

Old 06-26-2018, 01:52 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
WTH. And in such a left wing area. There are plenty of non-white workers we think nothing about all over the US, but in liberal Bay area they are more racist maybe.
The issue with Oakland is San Fran has gotten too expensive so Whites are gentrifying the hell out of Oakland and as usual with gentrification comes an uptick in police calls about dumb ish. They move into the neighborhood but understand nothing culturally and call the cops for everything.

Old 06-26-2018, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Yes, I corrected that in a later post. It is 37% , still a disproportionately high rate for such a small segment of the population don't you think ?

Adjust your figures a little bit more 37% is incorrect also.

Old 06-26-2018, 02:15 PM

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
The issue with Oakland is San Fran has gotten too expensive so Whites are gentrifying the hell out of Oakland and as usual with gentrification comes an uptick in police calls about dumb ish. They move into the neighborhood but understand nothing culturally and call the cops for everything.
That's so rude. The new people should be more respectful of the history and culture of their area. We have that where I live too, with some new people moving in who do not respect the neighborhood norms and culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies