Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 11:13 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,499,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I did not post the article and am not the OP, but joined in the conversation. I would imagine that that is more common than not, for people posting on a topic. And, as far as changing the topic, your constant comments about people not reading this or that, instead of focusing on the theme being discussed is 'off topic'. I'd rather discuss the themes, the topics and the issues, instead of worrying who read what on pages of posts.

The topic is self evident. The title and the OP's post spell it out. The topic is Tom Seyer said a nuclear war was needed to change the course. The article itself show that he immediately retracted that statement. This is an obvious spin article. It contained only one question from the interview. A line to raise eyebrows.

Any other conversation about the interview is useless since the entire interview was not included.

As far as me being off topic well that makes no sense. Read the topic header. Read the OP's original post.
I have stared strictly on that path.

Just some advice. At least research the topic before commenting. It would not have taken much to discern that this was bogus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2018, 01:41 AM

30,385 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Talk about unhinged. Add “nuke war” to the list of tds wishes. People need to take a break and regain thier sanity.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...gbx?li=BBnb7Kz

“Left wing billionaire Tom Steyer suggests in a Rolling Stone interview this week that “nuclear war” could provide a “course correction” for the U.S. following Donald Trump’s presidency”
Typical unhinged liberal nut that wished Rocket Man would have nuked his house because it would have made Trump look bad and go down in the polls...liberals be koo koo

Old 07-01-2018, 07:29 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,278,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
The topic is self evident. The title and the OP's post spell it out. The topic is Tom Seyer said a nuclear war was needed to change the course. The article itself show that he immediately retracted that statement. This is an obvious spin article. It contained only one question from the interview. A line to raise eyebrows.
There are some statements that once made, really cannot be credibly retracted. One of those statements is suggesting the vaporizing of thousands or millions of people as a means to alter political direction (there are others often including various classes and their extermination, or the finer points of slavery).

So while you may argue the point, the point was destroyed in nuclear fire, and no one is listening to the non-credible retraction.

Old 07-01-2018, 12:21 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,177,123 times
Quote:
Another rocket scientist not following the thread.

I was just correcting another erroneous comment by Steyer.

Quote:
"I remember 2006. What happened is that George W. Bush, he put us in two disastrous wars and we were headed toward the biggest financial disaster since the Great Depression," Steyer said.

The man is clearly a partisan hack, who is not in control of his emotions.

Old 07-01-2018, 12:25 PM

34,065 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Talk about unhinged. Add “nuke war” to the list of tds wishes. People need to take a break and regain thier sanity.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...gbx?li=BBnb7Kz

“Left wing billionaire Tom Steyer suggests in a Rolling Stone interview this week that “nuclear war” could provide a “course correction” for the U.S. following Donald Trump’s presidency”
typical liberal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies