Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2018, 10:34 AM

63,001 posts, read 29,178,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
So, you basically are saying that you are in favor of hiring illegal immigrants, so I sure hope you're against detaining them at the border when you want them to come here in the first place.

I believe that we can have people come here and be registered to work at jobs like picking vegetables and not have the wages need to match the federal minimum. That's what migrant labor paperwork is for.

As far as hanging gutters, do you really want someone who can do a good job? Maybe you should want them to be compensated fairly.

He's just another cheap American who puts his selfish interests first and doesn't care if he screws the American worker. As for picking crops we already have unlimited visas for those jobs for legal, foreign workers. Those who hire illegal aliens instead do so out of pure greed while passing their enormous social costs on to the taxpayer. They don't pass any savings on in form of cheaper veggies for the consumer. I doubt that the person you are replying to gives a damn though as his selfish interest trumps our laws and his fellow Americans. I find them despicable! I wish we could deport these anti-American citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2018, 10:41 AM

15,537 posts, read 10,512,774 times
" Should President Trump sign an executive order to make everify mandatory for employers?"

I'd be okay with it.

Old 07-02-2018, 03:43 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
This was Obama's proposal in a nutshell. It was rejected by GOP

"President Obama's proposal for immigration reform has four parts. First, continue to strengthen our borders. Second, crack down on companies that hire undocumented workers. Third, hold undocumented immigrants accountable before they can earn their citizenship; this means requiring undocumented workers to pay their taxes and a penalty, move to the back of the line, learn English, and pass background checks. Fourth, streamline the legal immigration system for families, workers, and employers."
What riders came along with it or were attached to it? Was there any amnesty or other conditions?

Old 07-02-2018, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I do not think most of the people who are here illegally are cutting grass on their own.

Example... I know a guy who runs a painting business. He has Mexican and El Salvadorean painters on his crew. They are ALL in the process of becoming citizens. He wants citizens on his crew.

Why's that such a challenge? If they are good workers, he sponsors them.

If people aren't good at their jobs, they are not going to make it running their own painting businesses here as illegal immigrants, are they?

I think e-verify would stop a great deal of the problems, yes.

And, why is everyone so against using it?
Didn't you hear, it's raaaaaaacist...

Old 07-02-2018, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
How is he finding legal Mexicans and Salvadorians, and why can't he just hire Americans?

Because such government intrusion would force employers to become immigration enforcers and be punished if they don't do it well enough. Also because it would lead to a national id card, like Rand Paul explained.
Sorry but that ship sailed with the "Enhanced Drivers License" aka Federal ID... <bold>.

Old 07-02-2018, 03:48 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
He could but it would be mostly show bek most of the 20 million illegals work for cash

Old 07-02-2018, 03:48 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,917,076 times
I'd be fine with an e-verify law.

Old 07-02-2018, 03:52 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,905,698 times
"Should President Trump sign an executive order to make everify mandatory for employers?" No he shouldn't it would create a humanitarian crisis. Give the 12 million or so a path to legalization first and kick out they one's that are a danger to society. Give them a path to citizenship as well.

Old 07-02-2018, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
"Should President Trump sign an executive order to make everify mandatory for employers?" No he shouldn't it would create a humanitarian crisis. Give the 12 million or so a path to legalization first and kick out they one's that are a danger to society. Give them a path to citizenship as well.
A "humanitarian crisis" for who exactly, Mexico or the other various 3rd world countries they'd go back to?

Most are already in crisis so???
Why is the stock answer from one side always "give a path to legalization" aka amnesty?

Old 07-02-2018, 04:09 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,905,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
A "humanitarian crisis" for who exactly, Mexico or the other various 3rd world countries they'd go back to?

Most are already in crisis so???
Why is the stock answer from one side always "give a path to legalization" aka amnesty?

A crisis for the 12 million people living in the USA undocumented and the communities they are part of if you don't think it would impact the communities they live in you're kidding yourself.

That should be the deal a path to legalization for the millions of undocumented for Trumps stupid wall if they can show that they are a contributing member to society. If they are criminals or moochers get them out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies