Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 09:21 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,349,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I've noticed a reluctance to even express political opinions in private. What more is there to say?

There is just no way way that tariff wars, adding trillions to the national debt, letting Putin meddle in our elections and run our foreign policy is going to work out well for the U.S.

We've hit the ice berg and are dreading what comes next.

Except for those who think they'll be getting on those lifeboats.

"adding trillions to the national debt"

And many like you NEVER complained when the dems did it.

"Hypocrite" comes to mind!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2018, 09:22 AM

8,386 posts, read 4,372,592 times
Being a nurse that works with dementia patients, I feel like I am still at work.

Old 07-05-2018, 09:24 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,701,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
EVERY time a military unit of any kind passed, the crowds roared and clapped.
I'll assume the crowds were ONLY conservatives right? Since you know, all liberals hate the military with every inch of themselves...

Speaking of that, I put out my American flag on my flag mount yesterday. My in-laws asked "why would you do that? You are a liberal." Uh... stop watching Fox so much. We are all Americans. If there's one thing Republicans and Democrats and Independents have in common: we all love our country. Our differences aren't as wide as politicians make us believe.

Old 07-05-2018, 10:51 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Being a nurse that works with dementia patients, I feel like I am still at work.

Yea, I know....reading your responses and your buddies responses....you're probably more correct than you think...

Old 07-05-2018, 10:53 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,592,795 times
Quote:
Well … the spontaneous positive response for the military does not take much to figure out.

The politicians … I guess I assumed those in favor for one of the other would be yelling or clapping or something. But no, pretty much nothing for anyone. There was one heavy set fellow that walked in the parade with all his Trump regalia on including an over sized hat with half a dozen various pro-Trump bumper stickers on it. Everyone pretty much ignored him like all the rest of political landscape in the parade.

Are people reluctant to voice their political preference in public? Are they afraid of violent repercussion? Are they just tired of all the crap from both sides and just wanted a fun day to celebrate America? Are they indifferent? That is what I meant by being not sure what to make of it.
My guess - and it's only a guess - is that people just wanted to enjoy the parade, and didn't like seeing politicians using it to promote themselves.

Old 07-05-2018, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
2 extremely ill uninformed non military personnel....so sad...just a little research and you'd be amazed....

The military does not pay taxes?

DAMN...who do you know that gets free health insurance via the military? I need to know how this person does it, because I have to pay....
I believe those two posters were referring to the politicians, not the military.

Old 07-05-2018, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I believe those two posters were referring to the politicians, not the military.

Here is what we were responding to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM
Military volunteer for a service of self sacrifice. Generally politicians get into politics for self enrichment. The longer they stay in office the more they learn how to abuse the system to enrich themselves beyond their government salary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Absolutely. Then they want benefits too. Who pays for them? We do. Nice to have a worry free job where the money rolls in and you get free health insurance and retirement. Isn’t it time we cut some of their freebies?

Old 07-05-2018, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Here is what we were responding to...
Yes, that's what I read, as well. I'm not sure how we have interpreted them so differently.

Old 07-05-2018, 11:08 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,448,836 times
Bill Klinton………"I loathe the Military"...….nuf said...

Old 07-05-2018, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Yes, that's what I read, as well. I'm not sure how we have interpreted them so differently.

If Tominftl, would have called out just the politicians...I would agree, however, he quoted the entire response, which included the military.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies