Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2018, 07:26 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Maybe you did not read or comprehend the link, which is it? It said natural gas, oil, AND coal...
Dude, if you do not comprehend the flaw in your reasoning, then so be it. Think about what 'total usage' means. Then research what other sources they have (renewables alone is 40%), plus where else they import from (like Norway), and what they have on their own. With that information you can figure out how much of the total usage requires imports from Russia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2018, 07:31 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,091,368 times
I just don't understand...why can't Trump literally just "be nice?" What is wrong with him psychologically? You can't be polite and express your issues with our foreign friends in a decent manner?

Anybody who doesn't agree with anything he says is immediately an enemy and he attacks them. Trump must really be insecure with those "small hands" of his, always having to be "tough" and "macho" ALL the time.

Old 07-12-2018, 07:38 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Oh my God.

Is there a single Trump supporter here that, if they refuse to disagree with anything he says or does, at least say that they wish he'd show up to NATO meetings on time??

https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/...64310664806401
This is a rhetorical question, isn't it?

He's such a boor. You'd think he would have learned some kind of manners, growing up in a family of means, but I don't think they were ever part of any sort of polite society.

Old 07-12-2018, 07:41 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
The art of the deal?

How times has Trump declared bankruptcy?
How many times has he been sued?
How many attorney generals sued him for fraud?
How many business failures has he had?

As president, Lil' Rocketman made a complete fool of Trump.
His staff can't leave fast enough.

Trump did not even write his own book. Hell, I don't even think he read it.

As far as the NATO summit is concerned, if that is your best excuse for a rambling, embarrassing performance by Trump, we are in a very bad place indeed.
Just a clarification, Trump has NEVER declared bankruptcy. I suggest you read up on what Bankruptcy was filed and then understand why/how/when such filings are done and how often by others.

Also, people who try frequently fail, those who do not try never fail. Which do you ascribe to be?

Old 07-12-2018, 07:45 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I just don't understand...why can't Trump literally just "be nice?" What is wrong with him psychologically? You can't be polite and express your issues with our foreign friends in a decent manner?

Anybody who doesn't agree with anything he says is immediately an enemy and he attacks them. Trump must really be insecure with those "small hands" of his, always having to be "tough" and "macho" ALL the time.
Hmmm, well, how has "nice" worked out for us so far? One sided trade, we pay the lions share for most every "deal" we get into with other countries and have for decades. Where has being "nice" benefitted US as a nation?
Time to try another tactic and show some backbone.

Old 07-12-2018, 01:43 PM

30,395 posts, read 19,191,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Because the USA really doesn't WANT to pull out.

It is a strategic location and that's why there are so many bases there.
Well many of us in the USA want to pull out, Germany wants us to pull out (according to the link Brave posted), and it would save us a buttload of cash...so I say, pull out now.

I do understand that Germany has Nazi tendencies and it's better to have boots on the ground there already in case they do again get the urge to take over Europe but they are committing suicide by bringing in millions of migrants whose purpose it is to destroy them so I think they'll get the job done in time.

Old 07-12-2018, 01:46 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Hmmm, well, how has "nice" worked out for us so far? One sided trade, we pay the lions share for most every "deal" we get into with other countries and have for decades. Where has being "nice" benefitted US as a nation?
Time to try another tactic and show some backbone.
We've been a prosperous nation for 50 years. Pretending that we got nothing out of it is just ill-informed.

I hope to God we don't every have another 911 on our hands because I'm not sure we would have any allies left to step forward for us.

That is Trump's fault.

Old 07-12-2018, 02:11 PM

Macron calls out Trump on his lie.

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/stat...69093748543488

Old 07-12-2018, 02:15 PM

I trust the former commanding officer of the US military in Europe more than Donald Trump any day of the week:

https://twitter.com/TheBeatWithAri/s...98647725051905

Old 07-12-2018, 02:19 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,084,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
We've been a prosperous nation for 50 years. Pretending that we got nothing out of it is just ill-informed.

I hope to God we don't every have another 911 on our hands because I'm not sure we would have any allies left to step forward for us.

That is Trump's fault.
Yep, and these same people who are defending Trump will be the first to whine when these allies Trump has no use for suddenly, in our time of need, have no use for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies