Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 07:17 PM

33,387 posts, read 35,002,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Yes, however just look at UTA. ITs pretty blatant there, and NOT a dark project.

Check some of the prices we pay for aircraft. Especially drones. The price vs what we get is not even remotely in the ballpark.

perhaps we pay more for regular programs, but they support the dark programs. or would you rather other countries know what we are working on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2018, 07:20 PM

79,910 posts, read 44,435,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Corporate welfare is a mischaracterization used to invoke the perception the government is writing them a check when they are actually referring to tax breaks
The bail outs were corporate welfare. Period.

Old 07-20-2018, 07:20 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,471,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
perhaps we pay more for regular programs, but they support the dark programs. or would you rather other countries know what we are working on?
We do not pay for dark projects by overcharging for existing ones generally. In fact we fund programs under code names such as "Tractor Hip" or "Chalk Eagle"

Old 07-20-2018, 07:28 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,270,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Check some of the prices we pay for aircraft.

Not sure if it's what you are talking about but many of those increases in cost per aircraft are the result of the government cutting orders. The cost of development is spread over the entire program and the more aircraft you have the lower the cost per plane. The original estimations for the B2 were based on 132 aircraft but they only ever built 20 of them hence the reason the cost per aircraft spiraled upwards.

Old 07-20-2018, 07:38 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,523,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
You Republicans complain nonstop about the poor getting stuff for free. You vote Republican to get rid of one of the stingiest social safety nets in the world.

There is another side to that coin. The young woman in the video below currently gets an allowance of $1000 a month and it's not enough. Corporate welfare creates people like the one below, and you voted for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUT4XrD2N8o
No. Slackjawed parents who don't push their kids to succeed and coddle them, rather than be harsh and hold high expectations for them, is what causes that young woman to exist. Excusing failures is what causes that young woman to exist.

She suffers from a lack of ambition and a swift boot in her ass.
The day I turned 13 my father told me if there was anything I wanted from that day forward I had to work for it.

This is common among my generation. She is the stereotypical millennial in living color. I'll bet she has 50 different excuses as to why she's not working. Her parents created it, and wants Dr. Phil to fix it? LOL. Well, I see where the entitlement comes from...

I don't know how many women I've gone on dates with before I met my current girlfriend, that, just like her, had parents that floated her like a turd. Living with mom and dad. "In-between jobs" "finishing up a degree" "can't find a job in her career field" cant find a job/career she studied for, whatever other excuse she can come up with and have no job.

There's dudes that do it too. Find a reason any reason in the world to not work just want to lounge around all day, play on smart phones or computers or video games.

Corporate welfare? LOL no... namby pamby parents are what caused her.

Old 07-20-2018, 08:17 PM

8,922 posts, read 5,669,366 times
Boeing, xerox, IBM, Motorola. Dow Chemical, GE, and oil companies receive millions in corporate welfare along with the wealthiest farmers. This shaming of people who collect welfare is crazy. Look at the big corporations who get welfare and let’s cut this first.

Old 07-20-2018, 08:27 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,403,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Let's be realistic, what military equipment's using technology that's even ten years old, never mind a hundred?
You mean other than knives, pistols, rifles, grenades, mines or countless other pieces of equipment that aren't computerized?

Old 07-20-2018, 09:45 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,042,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post

Video has nothing to do with corporate welfare. It's a very spoiled girl that has been pampered in a private family setting (that needs a hard life lesson). How did you make the the crazy stretch to "corporate welfare"?

Busted!

Old 07-20-2018, 09:50 PM

12,772 posts, read 8,017,626 times
I don't care what party you are in, if you cant see how fake that video is you are out of your mind. Such BS made for TV "drama" come on.

Old 07-20-2018, 10:00 PM
Status: "Trump is the BLOAT...Biggest Loser of All Time!" (set 16 days ago)

5,789 posts, read 3,625,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
In general, I agree with you.

However, there are some notable exceptions that must not be overlooked because the companies involved are crucial to our nation.

Specifically, companies, mostly defense-related companies, that have skilled work forces on the payroll, from engineers to assembly personnel, that build the weaponry and other materiel crucial to national secrity, that keep our nation free. It is Imperative, that they be supported and largely intact, even in "lean" years so that we don't jeopardize our nation strategically.

it took many decades, in some cases nearly a century, to get these companies where they are technically, and no matter what, they must survive for they are critical.

It is also important to note that most things people refer to as corporate welfare are not welfare at all. For example, oil depletion, which is nothing but depreciation of an asset (oil field).

Mostly, it is a term used by LWNJs as a shield to deflect criticism of individual welfare (which has helped build a nation of parasites).
If we shouldn't overlook corporate exceptions because they play an absolutely vital role in national survival, then we shouldn't overlook individual exceptions for the same of them maintaining a realistically humane lifestyle (health care, at least community college, or housing that's non substandard, and a living wage). In fact, sub-living wages actually increase welfare roles because it shifts the burden to prevent starvation onto the hard-working taxpayer, rather than the company who hired them. The only ones who benefit from a substandard wage are company shareholders and certain small business owners who didn't do proper market research on their local market before establishing that business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies