Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2018, 12:27 AM

501 posts, read 304,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Do you ever listen to yourself? What did the victim do that deserved the death penalty?
He committed assault and battery, on an unsuspecting victim, without a warning. He didn't "deserve a death penalty" but he did get shot in self-defense. That's a chance you take when you commit a violent crime.

Burglary is also not a capital offense. But you get shot during one, by the house owner, that's your problem and the house owner is fully justified.

Old 07-28-2018, 12:28 AM

2,362 posts, read 781,210 times
Quote:
Do you ever listen to yourself? What did the victim do that deserved the death penalty? In his mind he was defending his wife, and considering how quickly Drejka whipped out that gun and pulled the trigger, McGlockton had every right to fear for his family.
What did Drejka to do for him to deserve to be assaulted like he was? If Drejka never shot him, we wouldn't exactly bring up McGlockton on capital charges. But now that Drejka put him down into the ground, we won't exactly charge Drejka either. Lesson hopefully learned for Jacobs and handicap spots lol.

Old 07-28-2018, 12:28 AM

21,495 posts, read 10,619,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
That's how it works, you can use deadly force before the guy bodily harms you. You don't need to wait to be messed up so there is some kind of 'equality' in force being used.

I would never put my hands on anyone unless they touched my wife or kids first! Why should McGlockston have worried for his wife? Because someone told her not to park in an handicap spot? Oh the humanity. Oh god forbid rude people are reminded they're rude - that's so well, rude.
He didn’t have to wait to be assaulted, but I would expect him to at least wait until he assessed whether McGlockton would keep attacking him once he saw the gun. The guy was several feet away, not right on him. There would have been time.

Old 07-28-2018, 12:31 AM

32,152 posts, read 15,143,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terr View Post
I would very quickly come up, or run up, and inquire what the hell the man's problem was. I would not commit a crime (and yes, the guy that was shot committed assault and battery).
So are you saying that anyone who is pushed to the ground deserves to be shot by them

Old 07-28-2018, 12:31 AM

2,362 posts, read 781,210 times
Quote:
He didn’t have to wait to be assaulted, but I would expect him to at least wait until he assessed whether McGlockton would keep attacking him once he saw the gun. The guy was several feet away, not right on him. There would have been time.
No one is going to wait when you shove them. Waiting, rationality, all that stuff is over with. Now it's a fight that can (and in this case did) escalate into someone being killed. That's why man shouldn't fight. What do you think? This is HS? No ma'am, when men fight someone gets messed up. That's why you don't put your hands on someone. And if you do, you do so with the sad understanding it could be your last rodeo.

Old 07-28-2018, 12:35 AM

21,495 posts, read 10,619,827 times
Quote:
He committed assault and battery, on an unsuspecting victim, without a warning. He didn't "deserve a death penalty" but he did get shot in self-defense. That's a chance you take when you commit a violent crime.

Burglary is also not a capital offense. But you get shot during one, by the house owner, that's your problem and the house owner is fully justified.
I understand shooting a burglar because if you’re home and a stranger breaks in who knows what they’ll do. This man wasn’t breaking into the shooter’s home. He was told by another patron what was happening outside, and went outside to defend his family.

Old 07-28-2018, 12:38 AM

Quote:
"Several feet" is close enough that the guy could have jumped on him and killed him. It literally takes a fraction of a second to close that distance, and there is no guarantee that you can shoot the guy and not miss during that time.

You commit a violent crime assaulting a guy with a gun, you risk your life. This guy risked his life and lost.

Old 07-28-2018, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So are you saying that anyone who is pushed to the ground deserves to be shot by them
Anyone who commits a violent assault/battery, without warning, on an unsuspecting victim, deserves to be shot in self-defense.

Old 07-28-2018, 12:40 AM

Quote:
I understand shooting a burglar because if you’re home and a stranger breaks in who knows what they’ll do. This man wasn’t breaking into the shooter’s home.
No, he just committed a violent assault/battery on an unsuspecting victim, without any warning.

According to your logic, the burglar doesn't deserve the death penalty. Does that make the shooting unjustified? Be consistent.

Old 07-28-2018, 01:34 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,711,652 times
Quote:
No, he just committed a violent assault/battery on an unsuspecting victim, without any warning.

According to your logic, the burglar doesn't deserve the death penalty. Does that make the shooting unjustified? Be consistent.
My God, life sure is cheap in Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies