Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 08:23 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,820,570 times

Advertisements

Pushing someone is wrong but he should have called the cops and had the guy arrested. Pushing is not a death penalty crime but he did inflict the death penalty on the man.

Old 07-21-2018, 09:11 AM

11,201 posts, read 9,127,025 times
https://www.city-data.com/forum/curre...ndicapped.html

A thread was made and closed.

There are a lot of parties at fault here. The man was a recurring customer at this store and has argued with other handicap parking spot violators. The manager of the store should have defused the situation but choose not to.

The old man should have just minded his own business and kept it moving.

The victim should have controlled his emotions and not just walked up to the old guy and pushed him without trying to solve the problem peacefully.

The lady was inside the car while the man was lecturing her but once she saw her boyfriend exit the store she gets out of the car. This made the situation 2 vs 1. The lady was safe from the old man she could have rolled up her windows, lock her car and moved to another spot.

This is a what happens when keeping it real goes wrong for the boyfriend/girlfriend.

And a Mind your own F-ing business to the shooter.

Old 07-21-2018, 09:21 AM

40,991 posts, read 49,359,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post

This is a what happens when keeping it real goes wrong for the boyfriend/girlfriend.

And a Mind your own F-ing business to the shooter.
We don't know his story. His wife or family member could be handicapped and he has a real thing for people who do this. I understand that.

Don't body slam someone to the concrete and you won't get shot. That's always been my rule.

And LOL at the boyfriend/girlfriend story. She has 3 kids by this guy (I assume) and probably getting Govt assistance for not being married.

Quote:
The couple’s 4-month-old and 3-year-old were in the car. Their 5-year-old, named after McGlockton, was in the store. After the shooting, when his father walked in and collapsed, the boy witnessed his mother applying pressure to the wound with a shirt, Jacobs said.

Old 07-21-2018, 09:24 AM

45,675 posts, read 24,111,638 times
I don't care what legally is okay.

For a man to lose his life because someone else felt frustrated about a handicapped spot (when there were clearly many spaces open that were just as easily accessed) is absolutely positively tragic.

For those that don't have any sympathy, you are so blinded by your bias you have lost your humanity.

Yes the guy shouldn't have shoved the other guy.....it was wrong -- but it shouldn't have been a death sentence.

If this a great America , this is sad.

Old 07-21-2018, 09:32 AM

25,669 posts, read 17,421,494 times
So far, my policy of parking where I am supposed to and backing down before I stand my ground has worked out well.
There is nothing cowardly about defusing a situation, especially when the aggressor is not making any sense.

Old 07-21-2018, 09:33 AM

5,746 posts, read 2,794,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
We don't know his story. His wife or family member could be handicapped and he has a real thing for people who do this. I understand that.

Don't body slam someone to the concrete and you won't get shot. That's always been my rule.

And LOL at the boyfriend/girlfriend story. She has 3 kids by this guy (I assume) and probably getting Govt assistance for not being married.
Is that the new RWNJ penalty for government assistance, death?

Old 07-21-2018, 09:44 AM

50,533 posts, read 47,317,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
The stand your ground law normally protects cowards. Nonshe shouldn’t have parked in a handicapped spot, but her boyfriend did what he was supposed to do when he saw a man step to his girlfriend, now he is dead. It’s always the ones who can’t fight that pull out a gun.
So you think you are supposed to assault someone for talking at a distance?

Old 07-21-2018, 09:49 AM

1,850 posts, read 1,143,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
The guy who shot that man should have minded his own business about the parking space. He wanted to be a tough guy because he had a gun. Now he has to worry about the victims family going after him.

Exactly. Prevention. One little word and none of this would have happened.

Old 07-21-2018, 09:56 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,810,200 times
Quote:
The guy who shot that man should have minded his own business about the parking space. He wanted to be a tough guy because he had a gun. Now he has to worry about the victims family going after him.
No, I understand why people get angry when someone who is able bodied parks in those spaces. I had a health issue where I could only walk very short distances. One day I needed some things so I drove to the local gas station / store but had to wait until the lady who pulled into one of those spaces got out, walked into the store, shopped, came back out, got in her car, lit a cigarette, got on her cell phone and taking her time before finally leaving.

I had an operation that solved my issue but have never parked in those spaces until then and because those spaces are for people who can't walk long distances including pregnant women, will not park there now.

Old 07-21-2018, 10:01 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,810,200 times
Quote:
Never justify the ignorance and laziness of the man who parked in a handicap space because it may be you who needs that space one day.

After mom had a stroke, these spaces allowed her to go places. Now she is using a scooter. If it weren't for good hearted strangers helping me get her scooter in and out of my car I wouldn't be able to take her places.

There's a difference between decency, good hearted, respectful people and people who are lazy and ignorant (taking spaces that are meant for the disabled who otherwise could not go anywhere if we didn't do things like provide spaces like this for them).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies