Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2018, 05:39 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
LOL giving up 20 years? To a a very large opponent?
Yeah some 47 years will match up against a much younger man.. Not everyone is a George Foreman. There are a lot of keyboard warriors here if they think they could no problem.
I have done Martial Arts since I was 18. I would still rather avoid a brawl with someone 20 years my junior and I am in pretty good shape.
47 is not exactly young if we are talking brawling either.
I am around that age.

Would you have taken the shot?

Old 07-22-2018, 05:45 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,962,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
My father had trouble walking when he was old and his disability made me cognizant of how very important these handicapped spaces are to old people like him who can't safely walk very far. I politely have asked many mostly young people I've seen park in these spaces to consider the people they are displacing. 8/10 gave me the finger or ignored my request to move their cars.
So after reading this thread, if I started parking in handicap spots and am not handicap, what would happen if someone confronts me about it and I ignore them?

The cops have better things to do and business do not care.

If you lay a hand on me, I can shoot you dead then?

Old 07-22-2018, 05:49 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,500,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
So after reading this thread, if I started parking in handicap spots and am not handicap, what would happen if someone confronts me about it and I ignore them?

Read the law.

776.012 Use or threatened use of force in defense of person.—
(1) A person is justified in using or threatening to use force, except deadly force, against another when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to defend himself or herself or another against the other’s imminent use of unlawful force. A person who uses or threatens to use force in accordance with this subsection does not have a duty to retreat before using or threatening to use such force.
(2) A person is justified in using or threatening to use deadly force if he or she reasonably believes that using or threatening to use such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony. A person who uses or threatens to use deadly force in accordance with this subsection does not have a duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground if the person using or threatening to use the deadly force is not engaged in a criminal activity and is in a place where he or she has a right to be.

Old 07-22-2018, 05:52 PM

24,643 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Glad to see the old man wasn't charged, he didn't do anything wrong. This is what stand your ground looks like, well done.

If you go through life pushing random people in public, just because you don't like how they're talking to your woman, you're going to push the wrong person one day. And that's what happened here.

Old 07-22-2018, 05:54 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,962,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
It is true (go research it if you don't want to take my word) but also makes sense.

At first even I had the same counterintuitive reaction (I researched this during the Trayvon Martin incident). But here it goes:

You are only allowed to use your gun if you're in immediate fear of your life. You're not allowed to go around and threaten people with your gun (eg stay away from me I have a gun). If your life is in immediate danger it makes little sense to fire a warning shot. Firing a warning shot will be used against you and a prosecutor will spin it that you obviously were not fearful of your life and just using the gun to threaten.

If he was really threatened then he should have emptied the clip into the man until the threat is down.
He only shot once.
That is what we are told when police empty their clips into people.

Old 07-22-2018, 05:55 PM

5,955 posts, read 2,882,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
You are too precious! Now we have dog whistle words? In my world racists I have come in contact with are simply racists. They don't need dog whistle words, whatever that is to say something racist they just say it.

But in your world its a wink and a nod and buzz words. Why?
I agree. Folks who say some word is a "dog whistle " I think are closet racists who are just waiting to spring for the attack .

Old 07-22-2018, 05:57 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,500,240 times
Quote:
If he was really threatened then he should have emptied the clip into the man until the threat is down.
He only shot once.
That is what we are told when police empty their clips into people.
Pistols take clips?

Old 07-22-2018, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuterion View Post
Yup but we know what the real motivation here. If it was reversed and the Black guy was harrasing a White woman and kids for parking in a handicap spot and then shot the husband everyone in here would be screaming DEATH PENALTY! He would not be home free either...he’d be in jail while the sheriff “looked through all the facts”.
If the roles were reversed you believe a 47 year old white guy would bum rush and push a 28 year old black guy on his back for arguing with his woman, after the the white couple parked illegally in a handicap spot?

What world are you living in?

Where is this group of white 47 year olds picking fights with black men in their 20s?

Old 07-22-2018, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Damn shame how some folks can’t take an ass whooping like a man these days.
Yeah, damn shame someone didn't get an ass whooping for rightfully chastising idiots who park illegally in handicap spots.

Old 07-22-2018, 06:06 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
Quote:

you ask me "what would happen if someone confronts you for parking in a handicap spot?". very few people would physically attack you for your selfishness, but some may verbally confront you. Most people aren't violent. those that verbally confront you would only, like me, hope karma will come back at you hard in the near future. I didn't used to believe what goes around comes around, but I do now. I've seen karma happen too many times to think karma is coincidence.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 07-22-2018 at 06:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies