Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2018, 06:08 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,638,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
But then she would have had to drive another ten feet. We can't have that .
And walk an additional 20 feet (round trip) and we REALLY can't have that!

Can't rep you again for a while, so here - .

Old 07-23-2018, 06:31 AM

24,439 posts, read 23,103,140 times
What the big story here is that they( the police and DA) want to get rid of the Stand Your Ground Law and I have no doubt they have the feds and politicos breathing down their necks and twisting their arms to make it happen.
You look at the video and unless they cut off some crucial part AFTER the assaulted man drew the gun, its clear they could charge him with a homicide. His attacker stopped and didn't make a move against him after pushing him and backed up after seeing him draw his gun.
Now maybe they did doctor the tape to make it seem like he was no longer being a threat. If there's tape we didn't see that they're withholding that shows him even take a step towards the shoved man, then the shooting would be clearly justified. So that is a possibility. Again, poor journalism which is a given in the MSM is a real possibility.
Show the full tape up until the second the handgun is fired. And consider the DA and the chief of police to be possibly guilty of political hackery andpossibly being removed form their jobs and the DA disbarred.

Old 07-23-2018, 06:49 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,059,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
Probably the shooter had made up his mind to shoot as he pulled out the gun
I think he made up his mind to shoot the gun at a person many years before this incident. This was the day he had been waiting for... to shoot someone vigilante style with his concealed gun, legally. He knew what he was doing. His behavior may escalate - he will be back out on handicap parking patrol again soon, maybe following kids with hoodies who walk through his subdivision.

Old 07-23-2018, 06:52 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,638,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
What the big story here is that they( the police and DA) want to get rid of the Stand Your Ground Law and I have no doubt they have the feds and politicos breathing down their necks and twisting their arms to make it happen.
You look at the video and unless they cut off some crucial part AFTER the assaulted man drew the gun, its clear they could charge him with a homicide. His attacker stopped and didn't make a move against him after pushing him and backed up after seeing him draw his gun.
Now maybe they did doctor the tape to make it seem like he was no longer being a threat. If there's tape we didn't see that they're withholding that shows him even take a step towards the shoved man, then the shooting would be clearly justified. So that is a possibility. Again, poor journalism which is a given in the MSM is a real possibility.
Show the full tape up until the second the handgun is fired. And consider the DA and the chief of police to be possibly guilty of political hackery andpossibly being removed form their jobs and the DA disbarred.

I'll repeat myself - they're not going to charge him. They've already made that statement.

Old 07-23-2018, 06:56 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,690,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Do you think blatantly breaking the law is silly? You think depriving injured and crippled people access to buildings is silly? Do you think if somone attacks you, you should just sit there and take it? No wonder liberals keep losing elections.
They have had a pretty bad run....
They cannot figure it out.

Old 07-23-2018, 06:57 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,690,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
I think he made up his mind to shoot the gun at a person many years before this incident. This was the day he had been waiting for... to shoot someone vigilante style with his concealed gun, legally. He knew what he was doing. His behavior may escalate - he will be back out on handicap parking patrol again soon, maybe following kids with hoodies who walk through his subdivision.

And there are thousands just like him and armed to the teeth.
Pick your battles wisely. It could be your last.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:02 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,720,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post

I totally agree with this. He was "itching" to use his gun and training. I am surprised he did not want to go into law enforcement.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:03 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,892,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
Hard to defend the actions of the victim here but I will say this: Those who go looking for problems find them. Djreka and George Zimmerman seem to have a lot in common.
Beer balls and gun balls.
The people I know who carry are in a couple of categories.
1. It's their right and they carry because they can. They never talk about ever having to use it.
2. It's their right and they carry to show off, braggers and they love talking about that moment they might need it.
3. They have a permit because they feel threatened. An event or actual need. They also dont brag or advertise.

The shooter pushed the whole parking violation hard. Not a crime to do that.

The guy who got shot did what you should never do. He assaulted the shooter. That was a crime.

The shooter according Florida law defended himself. Not a crime as he was not charged.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:05 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,892,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I totally agree with this. He was "itching" to use his gun and training. I am surprised he did not want to go into law enforcement.
Maybe. Has he said as much?
But just think. Had he not been assaulted he wouldn't have had an excuse to use that gun or his training that day.

I do wonder if he is a member of a HOA or a neighborhood watch.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:09 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,720,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
And there are thousands just like him and armed to the teeth.
Pick your battles wisely. It could be your last.

Let me tell you....REAL criminals are hardly shaking in their boots. One of my good friends had a little brother and they (the little brother and his crew) would go around robbing drug houses and dealers....until he ended up getting shot in the head and killed. Real criminals deal with armed people all the time. A REAL criminal would have never given that guy the opportunity to pull his weapon. Once he was down on the ground he was at a total disadvantage and could have been knocked out and subdued to the point he could not get his gun. This guy just shoved the guy down....he did not immediately go for the kill. After he shoved the guy....he then was going to talk to the guy from the dominant position over him. I doubt seriously that he had any intention of doing great harm to the guy because if that was the case he could have knocked the guy out with a hard punch....but instead he just shoved the guy. People who shove really do not want to fight you learn that growing up. People who start out throwing blows......they want to fight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies