Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2018, 07:36 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,100,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I was replying to a poster who claimed he wanted to use that gun and that training.
I have no idea what if any training the shooter had. I was making the valid point that it was the assault upon the shooter that caused the shooting.
If Drejka had minded his own business there wouldn't have been a shooting.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:39 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Cool story.

The aggressor is still dead and the little guy walks free.
The equalizer, worked as designed.
Ladies, take note: Empowering more women, than any gender equality laws, since 1775.

No....the aggressor is walking free. The aggressor instigated a confrontation with the man's girlfriend. I am sure you are just happy with the white guy killing the black guy. It probably makes you feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. Bring back the good ole days....huh?

Old 07-23-2018, 07:40 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Yeah... this looks incredibly polite.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:40 AM

21,480 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
The guy who shot that man should have minded his own business about the parking space. He wanted to be a tough guy because he had a gun. Now he has to worry about the victims family going after him.
And he did it in front of his son (stepson?). There was no reason for that guy to shoot the man. I saw the video. He was shoved and the guy was backing up as if he was done, and the other guy shot him in the chest...over parking in a handicap spot with the family sitting in the car. If a handicapped person pulled up the woman could have simply moved the car. We all know that happens maybe twice a week right? It was none of the guy’s business to be the hall monitor.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:42 AM

28,677 posts, read 18,801,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
The stand your ground law normally protects cowards. Nonshe shouldn’t have parked in a handicapped spot, but her boyfriend did what he was supposed to do when he saw a man step to his girlfriend, now he is dead.
First, don't park in handicapped slots. If the lot is full, then the passenger gets out to pick up the items while the driver looks for a slot or otherwise putters around.

If you do park illegally and get called out, then civilized people say, "Oops, you're right. Sorry. I'll move."

My wife and I discussed this incident this morning.

You don't argue about the right to be wrong.

And you don't put your hands on people. Especially not in Florida or Georgia or South Carolina or Texas or Arkansas or Kansas or several other states.

Now, I am always gripe when someone with a gun does anything other than avoid altercations. Any altercation can turn into a fist fight, and when you're armed, a fist fight will most likely into a gun fight. People who are armed should always avoid confrontations, but there is always a subset who get up in the morning, put on the gun, and say, "I wish some SOB would...."

Quote:
It’s always the ones who can’t fight that pull out a gun.
Well, yeah. That's the point. That's why they're armed.

Do you expect them to just take a beating or accept being raped?

People seem not to understand that fist fights between adult males can permanently maim or kill.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:45 AM

28,677 posts, read 18,801,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
Pushing someone is wrong but he should have called the cops and had the guy arrested. Pushing is not a death penalty crime but he did inflict the death penalty on the man.
When you're knocked to the ground, you are one second from being dead. The other person can run over, stomp your head into the pavement, and you're done.

I've been in that position, but fortunately I was able to pull one of my assailants down on top of me, and I heard him shouting, "Don't kick me! don't kick me! Kick the n------, kick the n------!"

People watch too much television and don't seem to know how deadly a fist fight with a grown man can be.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:47 AM

29,521 posts, read 22,668,047 times
Quote:
The owner of the convenience store in Clearwater told ABC affiliate WFTS that Drejka had assaulted customers in the store’s parking lot before. And Rich Kelly, who frequents the store, claimed Drejka picked a fight with him over a parking spot about a month ago, calling him racial slurs and threatening to kill him, WFTS reported.
Yup, such a saint.

The guy who got shot was hardly a saint either, that's why I said it's hard to root for either really, but the shooter has a history of seeking confrontation and bullying people. People like him have zero business having concealed weapons permits. Funny how his supporters seem to overlook that.

Anyways, protests soon to follow?

Old 07-23-2018, 07:48 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,528,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
If Drejka had minded his own business there wouldn't have been a shooting.
If the lady hadn't taken a handicapped spot, there wouldn't have been a shooting.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:49 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
This guy was shot down dead - has a 5 month old -for daring to be a nice guy....
https://www.ydr.com/story/news/crime...ent/816162002/

Police chased the man to mommas basement, where he lived.....

One dead nice guy....one live a-hole. Typical result of gun culture.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:53 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Oh, heaven forbid he has any repercussions from murdering someone!

Now a family of three children just had their father and co-breadwinner murdered.

I wonder how that will affect that family now that there is only one breadwinner?

But, let's not think about that...

1. She's an employed Certified Nursing Assistant, but not one of the news articles I've read included any information re what he does for a living, or if he is even employed (he has a 2010 drug conviction).

2. She started dating him AFTER he had beed arrested for aggravated assault (he was arrested for aggravated assault ten years ago, and they started dating in 2009).

3. If he was employed AND they had been married....wouldn't she get some $ from the Social Security Administration ?

4. If there are laws in Florida that you don't like, perhaps you should move from NJ to Tallahassee, FL and start a lobbying firm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies