Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 06:09 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Shoving imaginary dialogue into an interlocutor's mouth--the favorite technique of the loony left. If you're going to purport to quote me, quote words I have actually said, not the voices in your head.
You're becoming irrational.
Quote:
Trump and his legal scholars are already aware of Article III Section 3. I'm directing it to you, as you seem not to be up to speed on it.
Another split from reality.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2018, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
All of these people should be in jail. They are all criminals who conspired (yes, I said "conspired") to derail the Trump campaign, and if that didn't work, to doing whatever necessary to prevent him from getting elected. So sure were they that Hillary was going to become President, they didn't even try to cover their tracks, and Strzok, in his testimony before Congress, at one point said, "I didn't think those texts would ever be made public!" Telling, isn't it?

Strzok: "No, no he won't [become President]. We'll stop it!"
Oh, my...

Conspiratorial!

But the fact is that it's tRump's conspiracy with Putin that's under the legal microscope.

Old 07-29-2018, 07:19 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
You're becoming irrational.

No I just quoted your post. You made up imaginary dialogue, and implicitly attributed it to me. That would make you the irrational one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo
Another split from reality.

Non-sequitur. Your spouting of claims and inability to form any argument to back them up duly noted.

Old 07-29-2018, 07:40 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
I think that we should all be very excited that we are living in an historic moment in America. This is very much like what I saw during the Nixon proceedings . If you think about it , we are seeing the unraveling of a Presidency. We have been eyewitnesses to the entire affair, from the shaky inauguration speech, right through to the events of today.

Decades from now, our children and grandchildren will ask "Were you really there to see the Trump Presidency fail?", and we will all have our stories of how it happened and what was the final act that brought it to an end.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel so privileged to have been here to see this and to watch the country heal (as it did after Nixon left) and things getting back to normal.

Old 07-29-2018, 08:00 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I think that we should all be very excited that we are living in an historic moment in America. This is very much like what I saw during the Nixon proceedings . If you think about it , we are seeing the unraveling of a Presidency. We have been eyewitnesses to the entire affair, from the shaky inauguration speech, right through to the events of today.

Decades from now, our children and grandchildren will ask "Were you really there to see the Trump Presidency fail?", and we will all have our stories of how it happened and what was the final act that brought it to an end.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel so privileged to have been here to see this and to watch the country heal (as it did after Nixon left) and things getting back to normal.
The way I remember it we got four years of Jimmy Carter and "malaise" (as Carter put it) after Ford/Nixon. Not to mention high unemployment and inflation.

Old 07-29-2018, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
No I just quoted your post. You made up imaginary dialogue, and implicitly attributed it to me. That would make you the irrational one
Your claims are unfounded and self-centered.

Quote:
Non-sequitur. Your spouting of claims and inability to form any argument to back them up duly noted.
Your cute little opinion is now on file.

Old 07-30-2018, 03:09 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Nixon actually served in the military during wartime. No tRump has EVER served in the military.
I've explained this many times on this forum to the uninformed. Compare Trump's draft record with Bill Clinton's and decide whose is shadier. You may be surprised.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/clinton-draft-pardon/

https://www.snopes.com/news/2016/08/02/donald-trumps-draft-deferments/

Old 07-30-2018, 03:14 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
All of these people should be in jail. They are all criminals who conspired (yes, I said "conspired") to derail the Trump campaign, and if that didn't work, to doing whatever necessary to prevent him from getting elected. So sure were they that Hillary was going to become President, they didn't even try to cover their tracks, and Strzok, in his testimony before Congress, at one point said, "I didn't think those texts would ever be made public!" Telling, isn't it?

Strzok: "No, no he won't [become President]. We'll stop it!"
You know, it's weird. Trump has been in office almost 2 years with and has a loyal lapdog for an AG and charges haven't been brought against any of those people. I wonder why. Could it be because there's NO EVIDENCE of illegal actions on their part?

Old 07-30-2018, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I've explained this many times on this forum to the uninformed. Compare Trump's draft record with Bill Clinton's and decide whose is shadier. You may be surprised.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/clinton-draft-pardon/

https://www.snopes.com/news/2016/08/02/donald-trumps-draft-deferments/
Please put up a Clinton quote along the lines of, "I know more than the generals do!"

"He's no hero. He's a hero because he was captured. I prefer those who weren't captured, lemme tell ya."

While you're at it, tell me all about Clinton's big military parade, too.

Old 07-30-2018, 06:27 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
You just can't help acting like a juvenile by purposely using a small t instead of a capital one spelling Trump's name, can you? That's one of the reason I dislike you liberal lefties so much. No maturity whatsoever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies