Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2018, 01:10 PM

79,914 posts, read 44,178,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Soooo..The Russians post a list of people, 2 days later Trump signs a document removing Brennans (one of those people) clearance. And those people the Russians listed are called out by Trump as under review. A month later Trump makes the letter he had made in July official.

Trump is obstructing justice by trying to intimidate folks, and he is using a Russian created list to do so. What a mess.
We discussed this weeks ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2018, 01:16 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Many golf courses have one black member as well. It however doesn't really mean much when they are far from the norm.
Wow. You didn't really just go there, did you?

So it's gone from "there are no blacks that support Trump" to "any black are just tokens"?

Old 08-16-2018, 01:19 PM

1,640 posts, read 1,644,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Just another diversionary tactic to divert media attention from Omarosa.
I truly believe that Omarosa is the real diversionary tactic to divert media attention from Trump achievements to #MAGA and also to divert people's mentality as yours who are constantly in denial of reality. Anyway Omarosa is nothing but a dip ****.

Old 08-16-2018, 02:02 PM

177 posts, read 108,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Wall?......... "D" Don't want a wall and are blocking it.
Trumpcare?..... "D" Don't want that healthcare b/c its not theirs
End to ISIS?...... "D" Bought the BS Obama told them and wanted to drag it out as long as possible
MAGA?........... "D" Don't have any ideas that would "MAGA"

The empty drum makes a lot of noise but I won't be voting for it.
The R's control the Executive Branch, House, Senate and Courts. Please explain how the D's are blocking passage of any of these things???

Old 08-16-2018, 02:07 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,475,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Trump revokes former CIA Brennan's security clearance to protect National Security. Brennan failed to act as a professional.

Good move by Trump. Controlling access is an important function of the President.

Brennan has lied and acted unprofessionally after leaving gov. service.

This in no way effects Brennan the citizen's right to say whatever he wants. He has his first amendment fully intact. There is no 1st amendment to blab classified information.

Others are being reviewed and others may be announced in the future.

Announced in the WH briefing today.

President Trump revokes John Brennan's security clearance | On Air Videos | Fox News

Trump is correct to do this

Brennen is an idiot..and an Obama appointee ... and he even had voted for the U.S. Communist Party candidate for president, Gus Hall, in 1976.

he was/is a severe leftist...

Old 08-16-2018, 02:12 PM

25,437 posts, read 9,796,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
Trump is correct to do this

Brennen is an idiot..and an Obama appointee ... and he even had voted for the U.S. Communist Party candidate for president, Gus Hall, in 1976.

he was/is a severe leftist...
Yeah, Brennan is an idiot. Unlike the stable genius we have in the White House. Give me a break.

Old 08-16-2018, 02:30 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,644,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnfarm1947 View Post
The R's control the Executive Branch, House, Senate and Courts. Please explain how the D's are blocking passage of any of these things???
I don't teach special education. Seek help locally.

Old 08-16-2018, 02:32 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,263,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
If the real reason his security clearance was revoked was because of the alleged perjury then:

(a) the White House would have mentioned "perjury" as the reason for doing so in the July 26 memo instead of "erratic conduct" and because he "exceeded the limits of professional courtesy due to him" and was "leveraging his access" to classified documents;
(b) Trump would not have linked the reason for the revocation to the Russia investigation to the WSJ;
(c) Sanders would not have announced the reason as his "increasingly frenzied commentary" and would at least mentioned "perjury in congressional testimony" as a reason for the revocation;
(d) He would have had clearance revoked shortly after his supposedly-perjurious testimony in May 2017;
(e) GOP Senators would have cited "perjury" as the reason for the revocation, rather than "acting like a butthead";
(f) The revocation would have occurred in the normal course of review, with oversight from people like the Director of National Intelligence (who was never consulted), rather than by White House fiat; and
(g) There would not have been a list of other people being reviewed that are not accused of perjury before Congress as part of the announcement.

Note: To date, no White House official has claimed the revocation arose out of a claim of perjury before Congress.

Personally, I don't care if Brennan has or doesn't have a security clearance, but this whole thing stinks to high heaven of political retribution.
Personally -- I just read the news instead of getting it fed by spoon via email or Leftist Media.
I don't make this stuff up, I LINK to it - OR I share what I know of Clearance Process from experience.
Most of the TeeVee I watch is some late afternoon or 5-6am Business News. Stuff that actually effects me and is verifiable.

Trump consulted with Vice President Mike Pence, White House chief of staff John Kelly, National Security Adviser John Bolton and Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats before taking the step, said a person familiar with the matter.
Trump Revokes Security Clearance for Critic and Obama Official John Brennan |Bloomberg - 8/15/18

This is the Complete Statement from the White House and not the short version that was tweeted. The word "perjury" is not used, but instances of "perjury" are there. You do understand what "contradicted", "credibility","lying" ...... all mean, right? There is a LOT of Daylight between an Official Whitehouse Statement and the SPIN of Leftist Media & blogs. Don't get trapped in the spin-zone, it just rattles the brain. Stick with Official Statements, E.O's, Statues, Hearing Testimony - whenever possible.

Document: President Trump’s Statement Revoking Former CIA Director Brennan’s Security Clearance |Lawfare

Mr. Brennan has a history that calls into question his objectivity and credibility. In 2014, for example, he denied to Congress that CIA officials, under his supervision, had improperly accessed the computer files of congressional staffers. He told the Council of Foreign Relations that the CIA would never do such a thing. The CIA’s Inspector General, however, contradicted Mr. Brennan directly, concluding unequivocally that agency officials had indeed improperly accessed congressional staffers’ files. More recently, Mr. Brennan told Congress that the intelligence community did not make use of the so-called Steele dossier in an assessment regarding the 2016 election, an assertion contradicted by at least two other senior officials in the intelligence community and all of the facts.

Mr. Brennan’s lying and recent conduct, characterized by increasingly frenzied commentary, is wholly inconsistent with access to the nation’s most closely held secrets, and facilities [facilitates] the very aim of our adversaries, which is to sow division and chaos.

Consider that some of the same people claiming that this action 'takes away Freedom of Speech" (which is clearly wrong) - also say it was a Unilateral decision - which Bloomberg checked out and also found Wrong. It's true that this may well be "unprecedented" - but there is no way to tell unless others come forward from the past and say -- "my clearance was revoked". I suspect it is "unprecedented" because it is also "unprecedented" for a High Ranking former National Security Official to constantly berate the President of the United States - saying he is "unfit" and "treasonous".

As I've tried to explain - the "Revoke for Cause (based on criteria in the E.O.'s)" of both Clearance and Eligibility is serious and the Eligibility is the most serious. Clapper says this isn't a big deal with no "immediate" yada-yada ...... that is correct because there is a period of formality and appeal with Lawyers involved.

I would expect it to be MAJOR Breaking News if John Brennan is able to overturn this in his appeal. IF he does not do that -- it's pretty clear the "for cause" stands up.

Old 08-16-2018, 02:39 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,568,534 times
Brennan was incompetent. Thanks to him saying there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, we lost $$$ and lives. This Communist is dangerous. No one at the CIA liked the man so I wouldn't be surprised if some whistleblowers ratted him out or are willing to testify against him.

Old 08-16-2018, 02:48 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,901,981 times
Default Admiral Who Oversaw Killing of Bin Laden Tells trump To Revoke His Security Clearance

Backlash against trump by former high-ranking military. Those under trump can't criticize their CINC but it is very telling that a retired Admiral is telling him to shove it.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.abcbd02b1e3a
Quote:
I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency.

Like most Americans, I had hoped that when you became president, you would rise to the occasion and become the leader this great nation needs.

A good leader tries to embody the best qualities of his or her organization. A good leader sets the example for others to follow. A good leader always puts the welfare of others before himself or herself.

Your leadership, however, has shown little of these qualities. Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation.

If you think for a moment that your McCarthy-era tactics will suppress the voices of criticism, you are sadly mistaken. The criticism will continue until you become the leader we prayed you would be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies