Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2019, 10:11 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I don't think Brian Kemp cheated in the election. Of course some people claim the exact match laws in Georgia are "racist" because they disproportionately affect black people but there's no evidence they were written specifically to target blacks. Blacks statistically have lower educational and literacy levels and are more likely to not have their IDs in order but it doesn't make the law racist. Likewise maybe some Hispanic voters have had difficulty because of English ability.
Blacks are the next largest voting group after Whites. And in terms of what I'm talking about, Brian Kemp cheated. He was suppose to step down from his position as Secretary of State when he ran for Governor. He didn't. Conflict of interest. Cheating. Secretary of State is in charge of election data. This has nothing to do with ID laws. This has something to do with a man who purged people from voter rolls, despite many of those persons meeting the residency requirements. And then machines in places most likely not to support Kemp start having problems, and then some places don't have enough machines, making voting slower. Brian Kemp is basically corrupt.

Quote:
However I do agree that Republicans should do more to appeal to Southern blacks especially as more Yankee transplants flood into the South. Most Southern blacks are still socially conservative and Christian unlike the Yankee transplants who are both socially AND economically liberal and support things like abortion and gay marriage. We need to appeal to legal Hispanics as well and counter the narrative that Republicans are "racist" just because we support the police and because we support border security and LEGAL immigration.
Well, at least we agree on that. It needs to be asked why more Republicans don't try harder to reach out to Black voters.

Quote:
Glad so many Democrats are showing their true racist colors like Andrew Norsham with his racist photos and Rhashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar with their anti-Semitic comments. Now we also know that Omar is linked with Louis Farrakhan.
And we have Republicans like Frank Artiles, Tom Worthan, George Allen, Trent Lott showing their racist ways.

Old 02-12-2019, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Referring to the bold - Leadership is about also serving those who didn't vote for you.
I don't expect that of Kemp. I expect him to be kind of insouciant, if not spiteful.

Old 02-12-2019, 10:30 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
I don't think Brian Kemp cheated in the election. Of course some people claim the exact match laws in Georgia are "racist" because they disproportionately affect black people but there's no evidence they were written specifically to target blacks. Blacks statistically have lower educational and literacy levels and are more likely to not have their IDs in order but it doesn't make the law racist. Likewise maybe some Hispanic voters have had difficulty because of English ability.

However I do agree that Republicans should do more to appeal to Southern blacks especially as more Yankee transplants flood into the South. Most Southern blacks are still socially conservative and Christian unlike the Yankee transplants who are both socially AND economically liberal and support things like abortion and gay marriage. We need to appeal to legal Hispanics as well and counter the narrative that Republicans are "racist" just because we support the police and because we support border security and LEGAL immigration.

Glad so many Democrats are showing their true racist colors like Andrew Norsham with his racist photos and Rhashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar with their anti-Semitic comments. Now we also know that Omar is linked with Louis Farrakhan.
Intentions and consequences both matter. If you realize a law is hurting law abiding citizens, it is your job as Secretary of State or Governor to stop it.

as for your Southern Strategy. It wouldnt work. There is a generational shift among black people. Young black people are far more liberal socially than their parents. Same with Latinos, Hispanics and Asians.

arguing for a generational divide challenge in the deep south isnt going to go well for Republicans because when push comes to shove, you end up with a situation like Birmingham, where the "beloved" establishment black Democratic mayor gets destroyed by the Young LGBT supporting black Democrat candidate.

Old 02-12-2019, 11:12 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Why do liberals hate black conservatives or any person of color with conservative views? They call them Uncle Toms, Oreo, House negros, self hatred, sellout, shuck and jive, race traitors, Stockholm syndrome etc. but it makes no sense. Matter of fact I get accused of being a white poster which is pretty hilarious.

Are people of color allowed to hold conservative views? Are they allowed to hold their race accountable? Do their conservative views change the color of their skin? Last time I check prominent black conservatives Ben Carson, Herman Cain, Kanye West, Clarence Thomas, Colin Powell, and Condi Rice were are still black.

I'm a black conservative and I'm proud. It means I don't depend on white guilt liberals to feed our house me. My own achievements are 100% dependent upon my on effort and hard work.

The liberal intolerance and and insults for minorities who align with conservatism is alarming.

Liberals will never change the minds of black conservatives like myself and Ben Carson. The expansion of liberal welfare polices have only hurt our community, turning an emergency welfare fund into way of life while subsidizing children born and raised without father figures.

This doesn't mean I need to vote Republican. This just means I have conservative views. City data liberals, please stop accusing conservative people of color of self-hatred. It's asinine.
An opinion thats not verifyable .

Old 02-13-2019, 03:15 AM

10,219 posts, read 15,931,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Intentions and consequences both matter. If you realize a law is hurting law abiding citizens, it is your job as Secretary of State or Governor to stop it.

as for your Southern Strategy. It wouldnt work. There is a generational shift among black people. Young black people are far more liberal socially than their parents. Same with Latinos, Hispanics and Asians.

arguing for a generational divide challenge in the deep south isnt going to go well for Republicans because when push comes to shove, you end up with a situation like Birmingham, where the "beloved" establishment black Democratic mayor gets destroyed by the Young LGBT supporting black Democrat candidate.
Well I wonder why that is. I still think the biggest reason for changing politics in some Southern states like Virginia and NC are Yankee transplants bringing their liberal voting patterns, even though its Democrat policies that have destroyed states like New Jersey and New York, driving businesses away and raising the cost of living....hence the lower cost of living, more jobs, better economy in the South. I never quite got why these transplants keep voting liberal.

I know even among Southern whites, less younger people attend church, maybe this is also true in the black community leading to less conservatism? While I"m economically conservative, I'm also socially conservative because of my religion. Nearly everyone in my church is openly conservative and supporting a Democrat would be taboo in my social circles. There are two Democrats in my family who both live outside the South, but we tolerate them only because they're family. I actually have no friends that are liberal or Democrat at this point. My black and Hispanic friends are also conservative and assimilated/integrated. Typically someone who is a Democrat these days is just someone that would be too different from me to have much in common.

I think many young blacks are having their minds polluted by liberal colleges and the liberal media and things like BLM and Colin Kaepernick. They're being conditioned by the media and racially based activists to hate police, believe Trump is racist, etc even find solidarity with illegal immigrants as "Fellow people of color" even though blacks are often hurt by illegal aliens driving down wages and taking working class jobs. I'm glad there are not many illegal aliens in my area (though 1 illegal is 1 too many) but when I see them working, its jobs that were typically often performed by blacks or working class whites.

Old 02-13-2019, 04:01 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,630,428 times
It's hard for me to answer, because I don't hate you for being black. I just hate you for being conservative. I don't hate black conservatives any more than I hate white conservatives.

But I am sorry to hear that you are being discriminated against. I would gladly fight for your right to be judged solely for your views, and not the color of your skin.

Old 02-13-2019, 09:17 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Well I wonder why that is. I still think the biggest reason for changing politics in some Southern states like Virginia and NC are Yankee transplants bringing their liberal voting patterns, even though its Democrat policies that have destroyed states like New Jersey and New York, driving businesses away and raising the cost of living....hence the lower cost of living, more jobs, better economy in the South. I never quite got why these transplants keep voting liberal.

I know even among Southern whites, less younger people attend church, maybe this is also true in the black community leading to less conservatism? While I"m economically conservative, I'm also socially conservative because of my religion. Nearly everyone in my church is openly conservative and supporting a Democrat would be taboo in my social circles. There are two Democrats in my family who both live outside the South, but we tolerate them only because they're family. I actually have no friends that are liberal or Democrat at this point. My black and Hispanic friends are also conservative and assimilated/integrated. Typically someone who is a Democrat these days is just someone that would be too different from me to have much in common.

I think many young blacks are having their minds polluted by liberal colleges and the liberal media and things like BLM and Colin Kaepernick. They're being conditioned by the media and racially based activists to hate police, believe Trump is racist, etc even find solidarity with illegal immigrants as "Fellow people of color" even though blacks are often hurt by illegal aliens driving down wages and taking working class jobs. I'm glad there are not many illegal aliens in my area (though 1 illegal is 1 too many) but when I see them working, its jobs that were typically often performed by blacks or working class whites.
LOL on the black.

People have been saying black people's minds are controlled by liberals and outside forces for hundreds of years. Our demographic has always been pretty consistent, especially on racial politics.

Black people also have always had a mistrust and dislike of police much moreso than other groups because we were historically victims of police harrassment and mistreatment (still are, which is why the majority of us support Kaepernick and not sure exactly why you conservatives make such a big deal about him).

A large amount of black college graduates are graduates of HBCUs today. They are not liberal bastion institutions and actually are very religious institutions. I attended an HBCU. HBCUs focus a lot on cultural connections of black young people to our roots and our cultural tenets include activism and fighting for rights and justice of our demographic and indirectly all Americans. So this is a very "black" thing to do and is probably the main cultural tenet that black Americans are known for and that many young black people are knowledgeable about who do not have a deep cultural connection to our history. We are known for activism. It's our "thing." Neither liberals nor certain colleges put that in our minds - it is a part of our historical culture.

It is always funny to me when people mention their "black friends" and act like their black friends are different on this issue. I bet your black conservative friends would be more politically similar to myself on issues of racial injustice, especially in regards to police. I am typically thought of (until people get to know me) as a conservative black person. I actually am listed as a Republican on our state database (I was informed this by a white co-worker who looked me up lol and I am listed as a Republican voter). However, I am black. My culture is black. I am "for" black people and I know that both political parties support racist policies and I'm not afraid to state that they do. But my co-workers and "friends" often don't engage with me on a deep level about racial issues. And so they don't know my true beliefs on these subjects and those that find out often stop being friendly because I'll say something that offends them even though I don't mean it that way - I usually answer a question and my answer doesn't fit what they think I think because they see me as a "conservative." Note my husband is the same way. He has white "friends" in particular who are members of our county's Republican Party and they were VERY surprised that he hates Donald Trump lol. He is not shy about this even though he and I are similar in that we often come off IRL as conservative. But my husband is actually more of a "race man" than myself and he kind of went on and on about how racist Trump is lol and his white friends don't talk to him as much anymore

Old 02-13-2019, 09:46 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Why do liberals hate black conservatives or any person of color with conservative views?
Ah, yes. Because far-right Trump supporters just LOOOOOVE black people.

https://twitter.com/HarryO1975/statu...83184719486976

Old 02-13-2019, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Ah, yes. Because far-right Trump supporters just LOOOOOVE black people.

https://twitter.com/HarryO1975/statu...83184719486976
One person in that photo is wearing a shirt with Corneliu Codreanu's image on it. Codreanu was the founder of the Iron Guard, a Romanian fascist group that was Anti-Semitic, Anti-Hungarian, basically Romania's version of the Nazi Party.

Old 02-13-2019, 12:13 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,931,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
LOL on the black.

People have been saying black people's minds are controlled by liberals and outside forces for hundreds of years. Our demographic has always been pretty consistent, especially on racial politics.

Black people also have always had a mistrust and dislike of police much moreso than other groups because we were historically victims of police harrassment and mistreatment (still are, which is why the majority of us support Kaepernick and not sure exactly why you conservatives make such a big deal about him).

A large amount of black college graduates are graduates of HBCUs today. They are not liberal bastion institutions and actually are very religious institutions. I attended an HBCU. HBCUs focus a lot on cultural connections of black young people to our roots and our cultural tenets include activism and fighting for rights and justice of our demographic and indirectly all Americans. So this is a very "black" thing to do and is probably the main cultural tenet that black Americans are known for and that many young black people are knowledgeable about who do not have a deep cultural connection to our history. We are known for activism. It's our "thing." Neither liberals nor certain colleges put that in our minds - it is a part of our historical culture.

It is always funny to me when people mention their "black friends" and act like their black friends are different on this issue. I bet your black conservative friends would be more politically similar to myself on issues of racial injustice, especially in regards to police. I am typically thought of (until people get to know me) as a conservative black person. I actually am listed as a Republican on our state database (I was informed this by a white co-worker who looked me up lol and I am listed as a Republican voter). However, I am black. My culture is black. I am "for" black people and I know that both political parties support racist policies and I'm not afraid to state that they do. But my co-workers and "friends" often don't engage with me on a deep level about racial issues. And so they don't know my true beliefs on these subjects and those that find out often stop being friendly because I'll say something that offends them even though I don't mean it that way - I usually answer a question and my answer doesn't fit what they think I think because they see me as a "conservative." Note my husband is the same way. He has white "friends" in particular who are members of our county's Republican Party and they were VERY surprised that he hates Donald Trump lol. He is not shy about this even though he and I are similar in that we often come off IRL as conservative. But my husband is actually more of a "race man" than myself and he kind of went on and on about how racist Trump is lol and his white friends don't talk to him as much anymore
So you seem to be very caught up on "black identity" vs focusing on just being American. You seem to be first and foremost identity as a black American vs as a regular American and are very focused on "your people". I personally as a person of color is quite the opposite. I consider myself a mainstream American and Southerner and identify with traditional Southern culture and GOP politics. I support Trump, I support the wall, I support the police and am opposed to abortion, gun control, and Obamacare. I also believe in pro-business policies.

its this focus on black (and Hispanic) identity that reinforces the divisions we have in our nation. I wasn't a political activist until I saw America becoming more and more leftist, starting with when I was living in Maryland which was one of the first states to have its own Dream Act and give in-state tuition to illegal aliens. Being the son of legal immigrants, I just felt a sense of unfairness that these people can come illegally and demand everything that my parents had worked so hard for - and using MY tax money at that!! I have a very negative view of illegal immigrants and no sympathy for them. That was the issue that galvanized me into political activism and I eventually became introduced to many tea party friends. At the same time, separately from the tea party, I became a born again Christian so it was a combination of these things at the same time. Today I go to a Southern Baptist church and I'm a consistent Republican voter thoguh I'm less into activism back here in Louisiana since fewer things upset me back home, given that we are a very conservative state and even Democrats are pro-life here. I also happen to live in a totally GOP dominated parish and city. My city council is entirely Republican, and the city councils of the two neighboring cities are also 100% GOP. My parish council is also 100% Republican. So.....hence my lack of activism after coming home. And these are true Republicans and Christians not RINOs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies