Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 12:38 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,469,695 times

Advertisements

The couches are arranged in sections, the black guests reserved that section. The manager should have made the drunk move... but she was a Porsche employee, and the manager works for a Porsche branded hotel (Solis Two Porsche Drive Hotel) on Porsche Drive. Porsche's name is all over this, they had to let her go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2018, 01:26 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
This ends when businesses just ignore them. No one cares about these SJW crusaders. They will not lose any business (or lose hardly any at all) over this. Tell them to ****, and ignore them. When enough businesses do that, they will stop with their incredibly petulant antics.
I hope we come to that point. And soon. Who knows when the next innocuous thing you do turns into a fire-able defense? (Not saying this was innocuous, but it wasn’t any worse than things I’ve seen at clubs that had absolutely nothing to do with race). There was no evidence this was racism, but these people made it about racism and got a woman fired over it. And now trying to get the manager fired too. If people just tell them to **** off, maybe they’ll go away. Notice we only get half the story, the one where she turns the camera on in the middle of argument.

Old 08-19-2018, 01:32 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,591,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
She got fired over that? Why do companies cowtow to total strangers over their own employees? And what’s wrong with those people for wanting to get someone fired over nothing? Stupidity at its finest.
They fired her because she was an employee who refused to let a group of customers enjoy their reserved table without intruding. They had a right to use that space, and she would not leave it. I have never worked at an establishment that would allow that sort of behavior.

Old 08-19-2018, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The couches are arranged in sections, the black guests reserved that section. The manager should have made the drunk move... but she was a Porsche employee, and the manager works for a Porsche branded hotel (Solis Two Porsche Drive Hotel) on Porsche Drive. Porsche's name is all over this, they had to let her go.
No they didn’t. They could have said it was a misunderstanding and not what was portrayed. They could have stood by their employee. Just one time I’d love to see someone take a stand for their employee instead of siding with the people demanding the firing. The New York Times is the only one to do so lately, and while I disagree with them for it since is was actual, overt racism they were defending, at least they had the guts to do it. No one is going to stop buying Porches over this if they want one and can afford it.

Old 08-19-2018, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
They fired her because she was an employee who refused to let a group of customers enjoy their reserved table without intruding. They had a right to use that space, and she would not leave it. I have never worked at an establishment that would allow that sort of behavior.
As the author mentioned and I have posted a couple of times, the person filming acknowledged that there was some question about what was reserved. If you and a group of friends were at a club in a reserved space and a couple of drunk people sat down on the empty couch near you, would you make that much of a stink about it? Or would you just ignore it and go on with your conversation? It’s a lounge. People make too much of a big deal out of things now.

Old 08-19-2018, 01:48 AM

2,362 posts, read 778,612 times
Quote:
She's an employee of Porsche, not of the hotel. The hotel might be affiliated with Porsche, or just have their name on it - either way she was on her day off, in a completely different city, acting drunk and rude. So her employer gets to fire her for that? What a chilling precedence you're setting. I bet you have acted worse before, and not been fired over it.

Old 08-19-2018, 01:53 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,598,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Racism or racist is when a liberal loses an argument.
yep.

Old 08-19-2018, 01:57 AM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Quote:
She worked for a Porsche dealership in Annapolis and this happened at a hotel lounge owned by Capella Hotel Group located on Porsche Dr. in Atlanta.

Old 08-19-2018, 02:08 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,591,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
As the author mentioned and I have posted a couple of times, the person filming acknowledged that there was some question about what was reserved. If you and a group of friends were at a club in a reserved space and a couple of drunk people sat down on the empty couch near you, would you make that much of a stink about it? Or would you just ignore it and go on with your conversation? It’s a lounge. People make too much of a big deal out of things now.
If I had reserved the space, and was still waiting for other friends to arrive, I would certainly not be happy about uninvited guests taking the seats I had saved for them. I might not "make a stink," but I suspect I would speak to the management, and I know without a doubt that I would feel very awkward about having strangers sitting in on my conversation.

Quote:
She's an employee of Porsche, not of the hotel. The hotel might be affiliated with Porsche, or just have their name on it - either way she was on her day off, in a completely different city, acting drunk and rude. So her employer gets to fire her for that? What a chilling precedence you're setting. I bet you have acted worse before, and not been fired over it.
Actually, no, I have not. Why would you assume that? I didn't address whether or not she should have been fired, btw, I only said why she had been, based on the information available.

Old 08-19-2018, 05:07 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times
Quote:
This ends when businesses just ignore them. No one cares about these SJW crusaders. They will not lose any business (or lose hardly any at all) over this. Tell them to ****, and ignore them. When enough businesses do that, they will stop with their incredibly petulant antics.
In this case black race-power crusaders, nothing to do with justice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies