Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2018, 09:37 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I love how you guys loved Dershowitz before, and now you hate him. And you hated Omarosa before, and now you like her. LOL.
I never gave a rat's *** about Dershowitz before he became a Trump toady and started in on the Mueller smear campaign along with Trump toady Fawn Hannity. And Omarosa? I didn't even know who she was until recently. I had never watched Trump's "reality" show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2018, 09:38 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,225,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Dershowitz agreed with Rudy. This investigation is a politically biased waste of our time. It is accomplishing nothing and isn’t interested in looking at the whole picture. If they truly wanted to know if collusion happened they would investigate the credibility of the initial intel and people that started the accusations. Could it of been for political reasons? So far we’ve seen no evidence to back up the allegations. They aren’t interested in the truth, only what they think they can get the president on.

All I know is after the election the Dems blamed the fBI for their loss. Now they think the FBI is above reproach and is incorruptible bc they are going after their opponent.

First of all Dershowitz butters his bread by talking on the Fox news / Breightbart circuit, so his defense of Giuliani is tainted. When Giuliani was on Meet the Press yesterday he forgot that he was not talking to the Fox news crowd and sounded ridiculous.

Muller and company are all Republicans, and his report is not out yet. Trump is starting to behave like Nixon did near the end.

Old 08-20-2018, 09:41 AM

14,783 posts, read 8,117,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD
I love how you guys loved Dershowitz before, and now you hate him. And you hated Omarosa before, and now you like her. LOL.
I don't hate Dershowitz (and I didn't love him before). I don't watch Reality TV so I never knew who Omarosa was. I don't love or hate either one of them - before or after....that would be ridiculous.

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 08-20-2018 at 10:40 AM..

Old 08-20-2018, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
I don't hate Dershowitz (and I didn't love him before). I don't watch Reality TV so I never knew who Omarosa was. I don't love or hate either one of them....that would ridiculous.
Trumpies have a habit of going off half-cocked without having the slightest idea what they're talking about. Just like Trump.

Old 08-20-2018, 10:08 AM

1,991 posts, read 901,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
How could the White House "control" a message?

His statement was stupid?

Comey said Trump spoke with him about Flynn. Trump says he did not. Which is the truth?
The truth is one is right and one is lying. If what Comey says can be proven is it not the truth? Sounds to me like Giuliani is trying his damndest to make a perjury case go away, but the truth is always the truth.

Old 08-20-2018, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
The truth is one is right and one is lying. If what Comey says can be proven is it not the truth? Sounds to me like Giuliani is trying his damndest to make a perjury case go away, but the truth is always the truth.
I've heard it said that the "truth will set you free". But in this case the truth is going to send somebody to the big house.

Old 08-20-2018, 10:27 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,743,026 times
Quote:
I didn't care about Dershowitz before and Omarosa is just as bad as Trump however, what I have heard from Omarosa recently IS backed up by tapes.
I said it before & I will say it again IF Trump has nothing to hide let this investigation play out and be done with it.
It is very suspicious when Trump goes tweet crazy every time there is new info with the investigation.

Old 08-20-2018, 10:36 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,259,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Trumpies have a habit of going off half-cocked without having the slightest idea what they're talking about. Just like Trump.
Just read the threads right here on this forum. What I said was perfectly accurate.

Old 08-20-2018, 10:37 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,701,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
While all the time they desperately avoid the fact that he clearly explained it five seconds later.
And you bought it... /sigh

Listen, when Giuliani was discussing what Comey talked about with Trump, what Comey said to Mueller isn't necessarily "fact." When Trump met with Comey, unless there is a tape... there is no "proof" of what was discussed. Trump can't be caught in perjury if he refutes what Comey said. The fact that you think THAT is the perjury trap just shows you buy whatever Giuliani is selling. Giuliani made that argument because people would buy into that line of thinking even though it has nothing to do with the danger of meeting with Mueller.

If Trump refutes Comey, it implies that one of them has committed perjury. But without any facts to back up either side, no decision could be made.

However, let's say that Trump claims he had no idea that his son was meeting with foreign agents to acquire damaging information about an opponent and he declares that statement under oath... and then it is found (for example) in an email chain that Trump responded to Trump Jr "Yeah, take that meeting with the Russians so we can get dirt on Crooked Hillary" - that would be perjury.

Do you see the difference? Too bad Giuliani realizes that most people don't see the difference.

Trump doesn't have to worry about a perjury trap if he tells the truth in regards to instances where there is no solid evidence otherwise. He DOES have to worry if he lies under oath when there is evidence that refutes his statement. In the legal world, for average citizens, the jury decides based on statements on evidence if the defendant is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. That burden of proof is much higher for the President. Just "statements" won't cut it. They need hard evidence. IMO, Giuliani is concerned that Mueller will get that hard evidence of perjury when Trump makes his statements under oath.

Old 08-20-2018, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Just read the threads right here on this forum. What I said was perfectly accurate.
Your comment was a response to my post regarding Dershowitz. So obviously it was directed at me. And as I explained, I had no opinion of Dershowitz one way or the other until he got involved with the smear campaign against Mueller. So in this instance you went off half-cocked without having the slightest idea of what you were talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies