Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2018, 01:49 PM

24,035 posts, read 15,136,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
But the people are being lied to, brainwashed and indoctrinated primarily by the left. You can't even tell the truth about illegals without inevitably being called various forms of racist and white nationalist and other labels. About all that is allowed is, well they shouldn't come and stay illegally but they're overall equal or better than Americans and needed so what the heck. The people are also not able to correctly decide every issue and is why we have a republic and not a democracy.
As long as the population who pays for the social services for illegals is content to blame the other guys, nothing will be fixed.

This has been going on to my knowledge since 1970 in my state. Home builders were hiring illegals by the hundreds. Now, the University tells us 1/2 the construction workers in Texas are illegal. Who do you think processes the chickens and catfish we love to buy on sale? Who cleans the hotel rooms and offices? Check out the business organization that support making e verify work and compulsory and the ones against it.

Nobody cared as long as they were getting cheap houses, food products, maid service and yardmen. The price of social services has skyrocketed. That got people's attention.

The former AG of Texas, John Cornyn now a senator, ruled that illegals could use their matriculate consular cards for ID to open bank accounts, etc. That enabled illegals to buy houses, etc.

There is no plan for deporting the millions already here. How much would that cost? How long would it take?

So, with the folks in DC saying one thing and doing another, nothing will happen. The bleeding hearts try to save the world. And the pragmatic among us will keep their cheap labor. All the while trying to convince us what good guys they are.

Do not re elect anybody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2018, 01:49 PM

52,349 posts, read 52,799,906 times
Quote:
Exactly and also because they tend to be short, fat and unattractive. They also aren't very intelligent nor educated and poor and needy. They tend to gather in large groups of coethnics where ever they go and are loud and speak their foreign language with an unpleasant cadence and intonation. They tend to breed a lot of children who are dependent on welfare. They tend to stare and mean mug Americans and tend to exhibit psychotic or anti-social behaviors. One could go on all day about all the reason under the sun you don't want illegals here who happen to not also be white, but all democrats do is stick their fingers in their ears and yell racism.
Wow. Just wow.

Old 08-25-2018, 01:55 PM

28,695 posts, read 18,846,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
This is so true that it hurts.

I have to laugh at all these farmers and all of these big business types that voted for Trump, but now decry how his immigration stance is killing their business and depriving them of cheap labor.

It’s astonishing. WTF did you vote for him for??!
We already knew this.

The last president that really tried to limit illegal immigration, particularly from Mexico, was Eisenhower.

First, he gave strict enforcement orders to the CBP. When he realized that the CBP officials entrenched in the southwestern states were in the pockets of the business interests, he actually transferred them to the Canada border states and transferred those to the southwestern border.

That was effective, but then Eisenhower got his head handed to him by southwestern governors.

Old 08-25-2018, 01:58 PM

28,695 posts, read 18,846,549 times
Quote:
I agree that some if not a majority of Republicans don't really want to get rid of illegals. But we can't let democrats skate on this. The truth is the Republicans can't get rid of the illegals and even enforce current law even if they want to and try. When you have the media and liberals in the judiciary blocking almost every immigration action and deportation, and everyone calling those that support deportation racist/bigot/xenophobe and white supremacist, it's politically impossible.

So democrats, liberals deserve almost 100% of the blame.
So who is blocking enforcement of existing laws that would hammer companies that employ illegals? Why isn't the Justice Department going after Tyson?

That would be the Republicans.

Old 08-25-2018, 02:00 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,894,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
I'm not a Democrat, and there's nothing to "flip around". The opposite of racist isn't anti-white, and there's no mainstream rhetoric against white people.

Why don't you address my points, instead of parrotting absurd Russian whataboutism? How can anyone who is HONESTLY against illegals (NOT against foreigners or minorities) vote for a dude who has probably hired more illegals than any elected official in American history? How does that make any sense?

It's like claiming you're against illegal drugs, then voting for El Chapo for President. Huh? One can only reasonably assume you have other motivations besides fighting drugs.
I didn't say the opposite of racism is anti-white. I'm saying many democrats are just racist against whites and also anti-America/Americans.

So tell me, who could we voted for that had any chance of winning besides Trump that would've done a better job enforcing immigration law?

I want ICE to remove all the illegals from my town. Tell me how I can get that done since you think you know it all.

Old 08-25-2018, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Exhibit A.

Anyone who claims Trump cultists care about stopping illegal immigration should read the above, and bookmark.

They're vile racists and don't give a crap about illegals or immigration reform.
Who are you calling vile racist? What's vile is to dispossess and displace Americans. What if even anyone doesn't want the mass movement of other ethnics into their home country? There's plenty of valid reasons for them to not want that and secondary to ethnicity. What is your problem with America's historic and even current population? Is it they're still too white and black for that matter? Talk about vile racism.

Old 08-25-2018, 02:13 PM

Quote:
The Republicans control the White House, Congress and the Supreme Court, yet there is no one even trying to mandate E-Verify, which would solve the problem (every other first world country has an E-Verify equivalent, and none have our issues).

Trump will scream "Build a wall" but the illegals will continue to come (by plane, using tourist visas) and his base will eat it up. It's all nonsense, and big business is laughing at the misdirection. How does a wall stop people coming by plane?
Republicans do not control Congress. They need 60 in the senate and only have about 49. And why can't 10 of the 49 democrat senators ever vote along with the republicans. Stop deflecting from democrats being the bigger problem and making enforcement impossible.

Old 08-25-2018, 02:14 PM

1,675 posts, read 578,759 times
Quote:
I didn't say the opposite of racism is anti-white. I'm saying many democrats are just racist against whites and also anti-America/Americans.

So tell me, who could we voted for that had any chance of winning besides Trump that would've done a better job enforcing immigration law?

I want ICE to remove all the illegals from my town. Tell me how I can get that done since you think you know it all.

For most of its history the US has been an open border country; until 1965 Mexicans or any other citizen in Latin America and Canada could move to the USA. What you want is irrelevant, most people either accept or don't care about illegal immigrants.

Old 08-25-2018, 02:15 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 20 days ago)

35,676 posts, read 18,045,481 times
Quote:
Exactly and also because they tend to be short, fat and unattractive. They also aren't very intelligent nor educated and poor and needy. They tend to gather in large groups of coethnics where ever they go and are loud and speak their foreign language with an unpleasant cadence and intonation. They tend to breed a lot of children who are dependent on welfare. They tend to stare and mean mug Americans and tend to exhibit psychotic or anti-social behaviors. One could go on all day about all the reason under the sun you don't want illegals here who happen to not also be white, but all democrats do is stick their fingers in their ears and yell racism.
My gosh.

That's the exact opposite of my experience, and I live in Central Texas where there are plenty of illegal immigrants.

Hard to tell exactly who is legal and illegal, but you can kind of tell. And the more recent the immigrant, the thinner. They do gather in parks for barbecues in large groups. But they are laughing, barbecuing, cutting watermelon and birthday cake, playing tejano music kind of softly. Grandmas are holding babies, there are equal numbers of men and women recreating together, and the kids take care of the littler kids. Smiles and laughter all around.

And I don't think I've ever been "mean mugged" by a group of Mexican immigrants. Ever.

I've been mean mugged by other folks, notably Native Americans at the Native American festival in Oklahoma, but that's a different story.

Old 08-25-2018, 02:19 PM

34,258 posts, read 18,631,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
For most of its history the US has been an open border country; until 1965 Mexicans or any other citizen in Latin America and Canada could move to the USA. What you want is irrelevant, most people either accept or don't care about illegal immigrants.
Totally false. The vast majority of immigrants had to come here through a strict legal process, and go through places like Ellis Island where they were checked for background, health, etc.

Also "most people" do care about their safety, security, and DO CARE about Illegal ALIENS coming here with no background checks. They aren't immigrants, as immigration is a legal process. Duh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies