Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2018, 02:20 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,894,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
For most of its history the US has been an open border country; until 1965 Mexicans or any other citizen in Latin America and Canada could move the the USA. What you want is irrelevant, most people either accept or don't care about illegal immigrants.
For most of America's history you basically had to be white to be a citizen. So what relevancy does that have to later half of the 20th century when America was almost totally transformed.

I don't really dispute that maybe many Americans accept illegal immigrants. Fifty to sixty years of liberal propaganda and mass immigration would tend to make that the case. The right thing to do is to remove illegals, and Democrats won't let that happen even if most Americans want it to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2018, 02:20 PM

25,917 posts, read 18,919,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
So this occurred to me on my morning walk. ;D

Neither the democrats nor republicans want to make illegal immigrants leave.

Democrats because of their sense of humanity, and because of the belief they will likely become a voting base.

Republicans because they provide cheap labor for their businesses, and for their home services. When something goes wrong (i.e., in the Mollie Tibbetts case, or in the complaints of the unemployed sector of the Republican Party who blame illegals for taking jobs and lowering market value of labor) they can always blame the democrats for the illegal population.

So while the Republicans are screaming build a wall, they really don't want to deport the employees they have, and it comes off as extremely hypocritical.

Interesting the links yesterday about the IRS, who have an actual POLICY of not telling citizens when their SSNs have been hijacked by illegal workers. So the IRS doesn't want them deported either, possibly because the ones they are aware of are paying income taxes to their agency.
That's why your founding fathers set up the system the way they did. The idea is that if you get a bunch of gluttonous tyrants into office, you simply vote them out. But unfortunately, we have all come to accept a two party system as the norm. When both parties are corrupt and only distinguished by the level of corruption, and you have a spineless populace... well, I guess then we all get what we deserve, because it would be relatively easy to change. In fact, voting Trump in was exactly that--an attempt to change the horrendous organism called the federal government we have casting a shadow over all of us. But of course, you are always going to have loyalist "Tories" who get all bent out of shape when their monarch is dethroned and the next despot clone is rejected.

Old 08-25-2018, 02:21 PM

24,035 posts, read 15,136,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I didn't say the opposite of racism is anti-white. I'm saying many democrats are just racist against whites and also anti-America/Americans.

So tell me, who could we voted for that had any chance of winning besides Trump that would've done a better job enforcing immigration law?

I want ICE to remove all the illegals from my town. Tell me how I can get that done since you think you know it all.
Vote out all your congress people. Every damn one of them Do not re elect anybody, ever. Give them one shot at doing what they said they would do. No more careers.

Stop the blame game. That's what the politicians and their funders want us to do. As long as we the people are blaming each other, we are not blaming them.

Stop buying products from people who employ illegals. In my town a well loved do nut maker had to forfeit 1.3 million in property due to illegals. They lived in houses at the warehouse. They were treated so badly that illegals filed a complaint with the EEoC and won. Houstonians love those Shipley donuts. Nobody cared and they still do a great business.

Old 08-25-2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:
My gosh.

That's the exact opposite of my experience, and I live in Central Texas where there are plenty of illegal immigrants.

Hard to tell exactly who is legal and illegal, but you can kind of tell. And the more recent the immigrant, the thinner. They do gather in parks for barbecues in large groups. But they are laughing, barbecuing, cutting watermelon and birthday cake, playing tejano music kind of softly. Grandmas are holding babies, there are equal numbers of men and women recreating together, and the kids take care of the littler kids. Smiles and laughter all around.

And I don't think I've ever been "mean mugged" by a group of Mexican immigrants. Ever.

I've been mean mugged by other folks, notably Native Americans at the Native American festival in Oklahoma, but that's a different story.
Why don't you admit you are pro-illegal aliens and stop pretending you believe it's just a hopeless bi-partisan problem that cant be fixed. I lived in Texas and live back north in a border state to Canada. The way I describe the illegals and latin Americans flooding here is exactly the way it is. Part of it is you are maybe like a frog slowly being boiled, or maybe viewing your surrounding that were always a certain way. You didn't see neighborhoods transformed from all white American to foreigners practically over night right before your eyes. You really notice the effects and difference in that case.

Old 08-25-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Vote out all your congress people. Every damn one of them Do not re elect anybody, ever. Give them one shot at doing what they said they would do. No more careers.

Stop the blame game. That's what the politicians and their funders want us to do. As long as we the people are blaming each other, we are not blaming them.

Stop buying products from people who employ illegals. In my town a well loved do nut maker had to forfeit 1.3 million in property due to illegals. They lived in houses at the warehouse. They were treated so badly that illegals filed a complaint with the EEoC and won. Houstonians love those Shipley donuts. Nobody cared and they still do a great business.
I agree, but we have to vote Republican or get a Republican elected as a much lessor of two evils. The Democrats are entirely hopeless. But we rarely ever get a Republican that is viable to win that will be strong on the issue. If we get any democrats we're definitely worse off.

Old 08-25-2018, 02:36 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 20 days ago)

35,676 posts, read 18,045,481 times
Quote:
Why don't you admit you are pro-illegal aliens and stop pretending you believe it's just a hopeless bi-partisan problem that cant be fixed. I lived in Texas and live back north in a border state to Canada. The way I describe the illegals and latin Americans flooding here is exactly the way it is. Part of it is you are maybe like a frog slowly being boiled, or maybe viewing your surrounding that were always a certain way. You didn't see neighborhoods transformed from all white American to foreigners practically over night right before your eyes. You really notice the effects and difference in that case.
I'm pro immigration, pro immigrant, yes. There's nothing to "admit". We are a vibrant immigrant nation, and that's what has made us great.

We come from sturdy stock of adventurers.

"Send me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free . . ."

And actually, I'm watching my formerly all "white" neighborhood more and more inhabited by immigrants from India and Asia.

I don't view the US as white vs. foreign. We are a salad. And we've got mongrel strength.

*shrugs. I'm ok with that*

Old 08-25-2018, 02:38 PM

25,917 posts, read 18,919,401 times
Quote:
I don't view the US as white vs. foreign. We are a salad. And we've got mongrel strength.

Said the sheep in the flock surrounded by wolves.

Old 08-25-2018, 02:39 PM

Quote:
I'm pro immigration, pro immigrant, yes. There's nothing to "admit". We are a vibrant immigrant nation, and that's what has made us great.

"Send me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free . . ."

And actually, I'm watching my formerly all "white" neighborhood more and more inhabited by immigrants from India and Asia.

Thanks, so your posts about republicans being responsible for illegals being protected and supported was insincere and just deflection away from democrats making it impossible to enforce immigration laws. You want America to be ethnically and demographically transformed and everything that comes with it that you are either ignorant of or just don't care for whatever motivations, in your own words.

Old 08-25-2018, 02:44 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 20 days ago)

35,676 posts, read 18,045,481 times
Quote:
Thanks, so your posts about republicans being responsible for illegals being protected and supported was insincere and just deflection away from democrats making it impossible to enforce immigration laws. You want America to be ethnically and demographically transformed and everything that comes with it that you are either ignorant of or just don't care for whatever motivations, in your own words.
No, nothing I say is insincere here.

My OP stands.

Although republicans blame democrats for illegals living here, they are just as responsible and want the current immigrants to stay just as the democrats do.

They just pretend to their lower base members that's not true.

I want America to be what it is - a welcoming place for immigrants who want to work hard and make a better life for their children. The grand democratic experiment.

I'm not sure on all the details of that ideal, though, because numbers may get staggering. They aren't now, IMHO, or wouldn't be, if they weren't being stopped and detained. If allowed to come across freely but with limited rights as noncitizens, their crossing wouldn't pose the burden it does now on our system. Stopping them and assuming custody of them causes a huge burden.

Old 08-25-2018, 02:45 PM

26,662 posts, read 28,746,880 times
Quote:

Well, like most Democrats, I am pro immigrant. But it's pro LEGAL immigrant. Neither party really cares about us. We want the immigrant laws enforced. It costs money to go through the system legally and you have to send away for your paperwork. You need a background check, vaccinations. LEGALLY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies