Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 07:25 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,961,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
I have a question to pose: By falsely smearing this man's reputation, don't you think now that even if it's subconsciously, that Kavanaugh is going to get even with them in his rulings on the court? Haven't the Dems done their voters a HUGE disservice by opposing his nomination with such dirty tactics?

If I were Kavanaugh, I'd privately be getting even with the Dems for the rest of my life.
And here’s my rub with Kavanaugh. By channeling his inner conspiracy theorist he revealed himself to be a drunk partisan hack. I actually liked the pick when it was made, but that display was a disgrace to him and the court.

Even if he’s not guilty, his credibility is shot.

7,103 posts, read 5,986,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Exactly, the redemption factor will be huge for as long as he lives.
Just seems like if they'd been more professional about his nomination, he was pretty impartial on quite a few of their hot bed items. Now it's Katy-Bar-The-Door.

3,042 posts, read 5,002,336 times
I don't like the idea of judging people on their appearance during the hearing. Both Kavanaugh and Ford have undoubtedly been coached on how to act. Their demeanor, their dress, everything about them is decided by someone else in order to illicit the proper response by the public.

And under the stress of questioning by a committee, it would be unwise not to have notes.

Old 09-28-2018, 07:26 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
If this was before a jury he would be acquitted. If she was so sure of her story, why did she have to read her testimony? She sure as heck wouldn’t get to do that at a trial. If she was so sure of herself, she would have been looking straight at the panel and forcefully telling her story from memory. This is not believable!
Pretty sure that he would have been held in contempt of an actual court.

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
But he already has come forward. He gave an under oath statement to the Senate Judiciary Committee, so did the other two witnesses Ford cited.
The Senate has no authority over private citizens. They cannot compel someone to testify who doesn't want to get involved.

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
I have a question to pose: By falsely smearing this man's reputation, don't you think now that even if it's subconsciously, that Kavanaugh is going to get even with them in his rulings on the court? Haven't the Dems done their voters a HUGE disservice by opposing his nomination with such dirty tactics?

If I were Kavanaugh, I'd privately be getting even with the Dems for the rest of my life.
If he were a person with a vindictive, politically partisan temperament and mindset, we would have seen evidence of this throughout his long career. But it appears he is not of a vindictive nature, or one to hold grudges

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Mark Judge should have been questioned under oath, he is a key witness.

Can you imagine what would happen to our justice system if witnesses were not allowed to be questioned under oath?

Can you imagine what would happen to our justice system if someone is allowed to ruin a person career on an allegation from 36 years ago and everyone that was called says they don't remember...

Oh wait.......................

10,764 posts, read 4,346,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
And here’s my rub with Kavanaugh. By channeling his inner conspiracy theorist he revealed himself to be a drunk partisan hack. I actually liked the pick when it was made, but that display was a disgrace to him and the court.

The Democrats forced him to hate the left.
They are getting what they deserved.

7,103 posts, read 5,986,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post

I think he was calling it like he saw it. Hard to argue in calling the kettle black.

Old 09-28-2018, 07:27 AM

17,343 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Quote:

One could ask the same thing of Clarence Thomas. Thomas has consistently been very conservative in his rulings, yet who's to say he wouldn't have ruled the same way regardless of being held up and humiliated by the Democrats in his hearings?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies