Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 07:11 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,986,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
This morning's news includes calls for the FBI to look into matters.

Fox News website has Alan Dershowitz calling for the vote to be postponed until the FBI an investigate accusations.

Alan Dershowitz: Postpone Kavanaugh confirmation until FBI can investigate accusations against him | Fox News

American Bar Association, same thing.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/28/amer...legations.html
Politically I feel they should have the FBI investigate it as well. We live in a hyper-partisan environment currently, to have a 3rd party, who's job it is to investigate crimes, look into it would be a slam dunk for the Kavanaugh team.

However, it would never end there. The opposing side, after finding no crimes were committed, would start screaming about how corrupt the FBI and how they're under Trump's thumb and how it's a conspiracy against them etc etc...

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
I didn't know Kavenaugh was so vicious and partisan. He is a true Republican . Loves to bully. His wife must have PTSD too. And he s gonna have all lady clerks?
TDS is making you miss quite a bit, sanity maybe?

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Sure! Let's talk more about how weirdly inconsistent Christine Ford's behavior was - the trembling, "nearly breaking into tears" act - without a teary eye in sight, even through those dirty (and gigantic, but I digress) glasses. And then let's talk about Brett Kavanaugh's actual emotions on display.
You have to remember, she is a psychologist. Her professional life involves studying people and how they react to certain influences. Her career involves learning how to manipulate people and generate a desired response. That was pretty clearly on display-yet is one more thing the media doesn't bother to mention. Any more than they mention that she is a registered Democrat, has a history of donating to liberal causes and has signed letters opposing Trump's enforcement of our immigration laws. None of which proves anything-any more than her claims do.

They actually ARE covering the profiting she is doing with these claims and testimony: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/27/gofu...ord-costs.html

Not bad for such a short acting career. To say nothing of speaking engagements and I suspect we'll be seeing a book deal shortly. The only question is will she be able to keep any of it when the defamation suit is filed.

Old 09-28-2018, 07:12 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Why did fords lawyers not tell her about them coming out to CA to interview her?

Because they wanted to be political....

Old 09-28-2018, 07:12 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
Very True. Tourists visit Munich Germany for Oktoberfest - Beer Festival. By this weird logic, all those Beer loving people committed heinous crimes 36 years ago ??
Actually, according to some people on this board, that just makes them raging alcoholics perhaps with anger issues. After all, they're equating drinking beer with such in their posts here.

Old 09-28-2018, 07:14 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
if he acts that way when he's sober I can very much envision him a raging, angry, belligerent drunk.

what a psycho

he cried more than she did, just imagine if Dr. Ford had acted like that.
Exactly.
As others have noted, his behavior was like that of a toddler being told “no.”
The sense of entitlement was disgusting as well.

And, using his daughter the way he did was unconscionable.
Just goes to show, he truly believes that females are just props to further his own personal goals.

10,767 posts, read 4,349,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
There is nothing becoming about excessive eye-blinking.
Ironic you say that, because I saw a woman in the audience and I noted this during the hearing-
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Nah, I was referring to the woman to the right of Kavanaugh and 3 rows back. Her face was blocked off sometimes by the rows in front of her. Also she's easy to notice because she blinked almost nonstop, and that's why I liked her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
That woman 3 rows back on the right of Kavanaugh is very attractive, I like the way she blinks all the time.
And took this photo of her- https://i.imgur.com/NDfCX19.jpg

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
You have to remember, she is a psychologist. Her professional life involves studying people and how they react to certain influences. Her career involves learning how to manipulate people and generate a desired response. That was pretty clearly on display-yet is one more thing the media doesn't bother to mention. Any more than they mention that she is a registered Democrat, has a history of donating to liberal causes and has signed letters opposing Trump's enforcement of our immigration laws. None of which proves anything-any more than her claims do.
"Cat Lady" Ford is a nut. If she believed she was "Bat Girl" a polygraph would prove nothing since that would be her reality. All the alleged witnesses have said it never happened and/or they don't know Brett Kavanaugh. The burden was on HER to provide more evidence, not some fantasy concocted in her own mind. She is a Dr in psychology. What we say yesterday was a "performance" using her training to manipulate the public. I watched the hearing from start to finish. Even I started to believe her until Judge Kavanaugh testified and blew her fairytale out of the water.

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
There is nothing becoming about excessive eye-blinking.
Looks like a nervous tic. Nervousness being such a becoming quality in a Supreme Court justice and all.

Why are they trying SO HARD to hang on to a guy that even the ABA has withdrawn support of?

Old 09-28-2018, 07:15 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
He/she/they got one yesterday. Why is that soooo hard to understand? The FBI wouldn't/couldn't do anything more than what the Senators did. Question under oath,submit sworn statements and that's it.
So the Senators can't make Mark Judge come out of hiding and stand before them?

Wow...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies