Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 11:27 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Don't you know that is what normal people do. If they are the victims of a crime, they promptly write their CongressCritter.

Just dial Nine-Whine-Whine

LMAO!!!!!.........if I get assaulted or raped, I will wait 4 decades later to write my Senator a letter and tell him to keep it confidential and that I'm not going public. Just put the letter in the Senator's file!!!!

that is what normal people do!!!

Old 09-17-2018, 11:34 PM

Debra Katz, the attorney for the woman accusing Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault, said that it is not her client’s job to corroborate her claims.

LMAO!!!!!!

Old 09-17-2018, 11:50 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Debra Katz, the attorney for the woman accusing Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault, said that it is not her client’s job to corroborate her claims.

LMAO!!!!!!
Whose job is it?

Old 09-17-2018, 11:54 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The next two questions should be when and where this party supposedly occurred. If it actually did occur, that is.
So far all we know is that there were 4 males present per the accusers therapy notes and the accuser herself. That is hardly a party in my book.

Who were all the other people at this alleged party.

I find it odd that she hasn't named others at the party. Does she not remember who she went to the party with? Most teenage girls don't fly solo. Even her tale that she went to the upstairs bathroom by herself is suspect in my book lol. Just not how teenage girls operate.

Old 09-18-2018, 12:22 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Sexually assaulting women is normal?
Ummm... yes. It's just the way that men and women are wired in their brains and having different hormones coursing through their body. Men want sex. Women want romance and flattery.

Every woman I know has suffered unwanted sexual advances from men. And we just get over it and move on. And the smart women know that in certain situations where alcohol and/or drugs are involved, locations involving a party, bar or nightclub, and due to flirtatious actions or wearing provocative form-fitting and/or skin revealing clothing will trigger a man's advances. So we learn to avoid these sketchy situations.

And actually, even in this modern day and age, the worst sexual offenders that I've experienced at my old age (59) has been Hispanic and black men trying to get into my pants. And I have learned to avoid being alone with certain ones because their idea of sweet talking a woman is really disgusting to me. I guess that it's just part of their macho culture.

As soon as I heard the details of this supposed sexual assault, the first thing that came to my mind was how stupid and clueless most high school boys are about girls, and how clueless teenage girls are about teenage boys and men in general. Then I thought of the Clarence Thomas hearings and the pubic hair on the soda can.

As to the motto, "what happens on the bus, stays on the bus", well that doesn't bother me. It's a silly phrase, just like the one about Las Vegas. And again, it was spoken by immature teenage boys with their undeveloped frontal brain cortices.

I've been doing some side work as a part time cook for a college frat. And those boys are so young and immature... who seek the approval of their peers and want to be attractive to girls. And who are complete slobs who don't clean up after themselves. And somehow, once they graduate, they will become adults. But no, I don't see how anyone could expect a young Kavanaugh only in his junior year of high school to be a champion of womens rights. And as to that girl, she shouldn't have been at that party without the support of some girlfriends to protect her from being alone with the boys there. And if she can't remember all the details of the party, it's also possible that she isn't remembering correctly which boys rubbed up against her.

And if she were a young teen today, most likely she would be getting the same unwanted sexual attention when at parties like that with boys of the same age. They were all drunk. And typical that inhibitions are loosened, the boys felt sexually aroused and assumed that she was feeling the same way. And there was a time where a woman would protest a bit, just to come off as being a good girl, not a ****, but apparently inside wanting the attention. Like the French attitude, that a woman saying "no" was really just a "maybe", and the man just had to be more persuasive.

Old 09-18-2018, 12:54 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post

LMAO!!!!!!
Yea, it's the Democrats job, no worries they found a patsy who will play the part so they can make one last run at trying to stop Trumps nominee. After all the crap Democrats have pulled I wouldn't put it past them.

Old 09-18-2018, 12:58 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Kavanaugh is on record, during a speech, talking about a bunch of drunk guys on a bus with a motto "what happens on the bus, stays on the bus". The motto makes one question if he and his buddies always keep their drunk escapades secret. Surely seems that way based on the motto. This motto, and the known fact that both were known to drink and get very drunk, is enough to give reasonable doubt to him saying he wasnt there/didn't do it.

Was he so drunk that he blacked out and doesn't remember the attempted rape? Or did the motto come into play? Maybe a little of both. His character is questionable.
Do you also object to the motto "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas"? Get a grip and stop making a mountain out of a molehill. After all, he and his buddies were young and immature teenage boys and doing typical nonsense that teenage boys do when on their own. Were you not young once yourself?

If you question his character, then you must also question the characters of everyone around you. No one is born into this world as a mature fully developed human being that has never made a poor decision.

Old 09-18-2018, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Whose job is it?

her Senator .......she keeps quiet for 4 decades and doesn't tell the police but after 4 decades she sends a letter to her Senator telling her to keep it confidential and she doesn't want to go public.

so who's job is it? obviously for her is not the police.

Old 09-18-2018, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
So far all we know is that there were 4 males present per the accusers therapy notes and the accuser herself. That is hardly a party in my book.

Who were all the other people at this alleged party.

I find it odd that she hasn't named others at the party. Does she not remember who she went to the party with? Most teenage girls don't fly solo. Even her tale that she went to the upstairs bathroom by herself is suspect in my book lol. Just not how teenage girls operate.

and she didn't go to the same high school as the 2 people she is accusing......so she went to a 4 person party of students she doesn't know and don't go to the same high school by herself?

she just walks alone and go to party's of 4 strangers and enters a house alone.

the first question I would ask her is, why write a letter after 4 decades of staying quiet to a Senator and tell her to keep it confidential and you don't want to go public........why write it in the first place and for what purpose, so the Senator puts her in a file?

Old 09-18-2018, 01:34 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
By all accounts, a good man here is being railroaded by 35 year old accusations. If true - these are serious charges. But even if they are true - the Kavanaugh of today isn't the same person who went to high school. Who hasn't changed since we were in high school? What will the left try next time when Trump tries to replace a liberal rather than a conservative?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies