Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 08:27 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Not if she had filed a formal complaint within, say, the first 20 years after this supposedly happened.
Did Roy Moore’s accusers file formal complaints.

Old 09-14-2018, 08:28 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,371,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
We all know that no one ever changes after high school.

I heard that another woman has just revealed she was in kindergarten with Kavanaugh.

"He said, 'If you show me yours, I'll show you mine. So I pulled down my Underoos and he stared and giggled. Then he ran away! I've been in therapy ever since!"
If the story is true that he held his hand over her mouth and turned the music up very loud so others at the party couldn’t hear her yelling when he was forcing himself on her, then that certainly makes him unfit to be a judge, especially not a Supreme Court Judge. That’s not the same as some teen prank like toilet papering someone’s house.

Old 09-14-2018, 08:32 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,371,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Why would anyone want to go public in this climate, did you notice what happened with Roy Moore’s accusers. She would have to go into the witness protection program.
And surely that idiot Trump would be tweeting something stupid about her. In fact, maybe Trump knows about Kavanaugh doing this, and Trump approves wholeheartedly. After all, it’s just locker room type stuff, right?

Old 09-14-2018, 08:40 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,808,426 times
Quote:
There were plenty of testaments to Moore's questionable character plus his own words. This is one woman and many voices who know a different person in Kavanaugh. Apples and orangutans.

Old 09-14-2018, 08:41 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,690 times
I personally hope he is confirmed, goes to the SC with a grudge , and spends the rest of his term making Democrats miserable .

I voted for John Kerry, and voted twice for Obama . I abstained in 2016 but I will never again vote for a Dem . Ever. They have shown they have no problem attempting to ruin a mans life for political gain . The right is loony, the left is despicable and worthy only of disgust .

Old 09-14-2018, 09:49 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
If the story is true that he held his hand over her mouth and turned the music up very loud so others at the party couldn’t hear her yelling when he was forcing himself on her, then that certainly makes him unfit to be a judge, especially not a Supreme Court Judge. That’s not the same as some teen prank like toilet papering someone’s house.

But it's not.

Old 09-14-2018, 09:53 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
IDK. I hear he is suing a few of them. We'll see ehh? Life lesson for everyone though, if someone has been in politics a long time and has been vetted multiple times then one day, suddenly, on the even of an election or appointment that the other political party desperately wants to stop, a 35+ year old "accusation" is made that doesn't lineup with anything we know about the person maybe don't fall for it hook line and sinker because you want to. Maybe use your reasoning skills to work out exactly why nobody said anything until then. Maybe see a pattern?

I'm rooting for everyone!

Old 09-14-2018, 10:00 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Certainly suspicious this fella has 36 women waiting in the wings to sign a letter declaring his shiny valor.

Were they waiting for this particular woman.or are there more or others they expected?

Old 09-14-2018, 10:41 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,277,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
There were plenty of testaments to Moore's questionable character plus his own words. This is one woman and many voices who know a different person in Kavanaugh. Apples and orangutans.
I’m sure Kamala and Spartacus will dredge up a few women that will “find the courage” to come forth as they try to sabotage, I mean bring out the “truth”, just before the vote.

I wonder if someone will get photos of them getting paid outside the chambers like the “protesters”.

Old 09-14-2018, 11:34 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
The Sixth Amendment requires he be able to face his accuser. So she should come forward and make charges with law enforcement, because that is how it is done and the process is laid out as to what has to happen. What would anyone like to happen instead? He rescind his nomination based on an anonymous letter?
Let me help you with that.... this is what the 6th amendment says:

Quote:
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.
Kavanaugh is not facing a criminal prosecution
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies