Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 12:43 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
... since Trump has already ruled upon high that he wouldn't allow one to occur.
When did he do that? The President doesn't decide which cases the FBI will investigate. But the FBI has already investigated Kavanaugh 6 times! They have found nothing criminal or derogatory in his past.

But there have been reports by former class mates of Ms. Ford, that she was a known as a party girl and a drunk.

We have zero reason to believe her allegations against Kavanaugh. We have every reason to believe Judge Kavanaugh, who has denied her claims.

We know what this is. It is a tactic by Demonrats to delay Kavanaugh's confirmation indefinitely. Nothing more.

This whole affair, and the way the Demonrats are pursuing it, and the absolute hatred they are spewing toward Kavanaugh and Republicans without even having heard heard one word of testimony only make them more hated, and will likely backfire on them.

Tell me ...why should I vote for any Demonrat? Ever.

Old 09-22-2018, 12:45 PM

89,031 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
The “accomplice” gave a statement under penalty of perjury.

I have no issue with the fact that Ford didn’t report originally, many girls that age from those days wouldn’t have, I have issue with her actions associated with “reporting” it now. She scrubbed her social media, hired a shyster lawyer who in the past slimed reporters of prior sexual abuse, she voluntarily interviewed with a major paper, her memories have changed since that interview, and she won’t testify under oath herself. And, in what possible universe would anyone think it is reasonable for the person accused of wrong doing, especially in a situation they claim never happened, to go first?
Bingo. Anyone with half a brain immediately sees through this scam.

Old 09-22-2018, 12:50 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
While this is continuing, a middle aged woman is trying to ruin a middle aged man . . . .
She's not trying to ruin a man. She's trying to ruin a country.

Old 09-22-2018, 12:55 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
that's call a criminal investigation....the FBI can't do a criminal investigation for the reasons stated here 1,000 times and you keep repeating ignorance.

this is how stupid you sound.
Not all investigation are criminal investigation. Check this list out: https://www.pinow.com/investigations

Asset searches, background checks, public records, surveillance, skip tracing, ... Who knew, eh?

FBI does background investigations all the time. Doesn't have to be a crime involved. Sometimes they are checking to see if a person might be a poor security risk or perhaps at risk for blackmail.

As to accusing others of being ignorant and stupid, well, I think we all know what that's about now don't we?

Old 09-22-2018, 12:55 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
the FBI can't investigate.....what are they going to do, investigate how many parties in a house that city had in 1982 and find out if Mrs. Ford and the Judge were at that house and party that Ford doesn't remember the date or house.

is like searching a ghost....Ford can't even prove the house and party existed in the first place......she can't describe the house or date or even the year.

is like telling the police, Gene Simmons of KISS raped me in 1982 in a party in a house in Los Angeles. Don't know the house, don't know the date, none of my friends and family members can testify that I was at a so call party or my story.....no witness can put Gene Simmons or me at the so call house party. Who is going to believe me, what police department will even take a police report and investigate it?

but we are supposed to take the word of Ford as the true and fact because she is a woman....a liberal democrat woman who is trying to stop a conservative judge getting to the S.C.? LOL

Old 09-22-2018, 12:56 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
She's not trying to ruin a man. She's trying to ruin a country.
Do you believe that the country will be ruined if Republicans are unable to put a liar on the Supreme Court?

Old 09-22-2018, 12:58 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
As this thread clearly demonstrates, there is no pretense of getting to the truth of the matter.

No FBI background check investigation into the matter.

No insistence the witness to the alleged event be called in to answer question.

The Senate is no more interested at getting to the truth than the Benghazi hearings were.

Why should she show up and be questioned by prosecuting attorneys in front of the Senate?
LOL. Because failure to do so proves she's lying.

Old 09-22-2018, 12:59 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times
I have been giving this a lot of thought lately, and I have come to the conclusion that there should be an investigation, as requested by Ms. Ford.

A JOINT investigation, involving the FBI, the Maryland State Police, and the Sheriff's Office of the county in which the incident likely took place.
The mandate of the investigation should be:
1. To discover where and when the purported party took place.
2. To discover how many people were at the party; the gender of the attendees, and the names and current addresses of said attendees.
3. To determine if any County Ordinances, State laws, or Federal laws were violated, including (but not limited to):
a. Minor in Possession of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs.
b. Aggressive making out with an unwilling partner.
c. If any of the attendees had attained the age of majority, was there probable cause for a charge of "contributing to the delinquency of a minor"?

If the result of the investigation shows that there are no chargeable offenses, other than rumor and innuendo, Ms. Ford will be expected to reimburse every entity involved for up to 50% of the costs of their participation in the investigation.

TANSTAAFL, folks. (Thank you, RAH, for that acronym)

Old 09-22-2018, 01:00 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,087,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Amazing that McConnell cared when Obama had MORE than a year to nominate a replacement--
It was not an "election year" when Scalia died...
You could have saved yourself a lot of embarrassment by doing a simple wikipedia search to find that Scalia died February 13, 2016. The election came less than 9 months later. That's why I snipped rest of your post, that I did not have to read, because what you have to say can not be trusted to be valid.

Last edited by Cruzincat; 09-22-2018 at 01:12 PM..

Old 09-22-2018, 01:01 PM
exm

3,722 posts, read 1,781,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Do you believe that the country will be ruined if Republicans are unable to put a liar on the Supreme Court?

It's the process. If an alleged and vague allegation can take down a nomination (ANY nomination), what prevents Dems from doing this again and again in the future?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies