Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 07:34 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I agree that Dr. Ford doesn't have photos from Kavanaugh's cloud account to back up her story
But the woman Ford said was there who said she didn't remember the event--ALSO SAID she believed Ford's account...
I find it very interesting, self-serving, and convenient that when anyone on the pro-Kavanaugh side quotes her response--they always stop before they add the part that she believed Dr. Ford...always.
Ford has other evidence of her past reporting about this trama
You probably don't believe that either

Do you believe that women and girls who HAVE been assaulted often do not come forward right away to make a criminal complaint???
Do you believe that happens???

If this woman were your sister (imagining you have one) and you knew she had always been a very honest person--and she came out 5--10==15 years after the fact and said that someone you both knew--maybe your next door neighbor's son, or your best friend in high school, or brother of a friend of hers had abused her sexually...and she never told anyone before--
Would you believe her???

Are the only women that are believeable ones who fall into YOUR standard of reporting?
If girls and women don't report right away does that mean they lost that opportunity to be believed???
Do you only believe in cases where the girls were virgins, or there is proof of physical force???
Are they allowed to drink? If so how much is within the allowed guidelines???

I think any parameter a man sets is just an excuse to negate a woman's testimony...most of the time

And I hope you are never in the position of failing to believe someone when they are telling the truth and you fail them...
No she did not, that was her former classmate who said that, and who was not named as a witness.

Old 09-25-2018, 07:35 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
Quote:
This is not a jury trial
This is a job interview for a seat on the Supreme Court
Kavanaugh has not more inherent right to that position than any other qualified nominee--

The Senate has the right and obligation to choose the BEST MAN--and a man is a compilation of all his parts--his past, his present, and indeed--his future acts...
Kavanaugh has lied under oath before --
I imagine he will do it again Thursday if he gives his testimony then
Because I guarantee he is going to be asked some very probing and sensitive questions about his behavior as a young man at Georgetown Prep and Yale and maybe even about how he chooses his law clerks...
He opened himself up by his claims of sainthood on the Fox show--
And as a jurist he should know that once the defense broaches new territory, the prosecution can ask questions about it...
He should not have done the show
He didn't really want to from what I heard especially because they wanted his wife there
but he wanted to please the WH that was pushing him to create a pro-Kavanaugh impression to "the base"

And the woman who went to bat for Roger Ailes went to bat for Kavanaugh and served up some nice easy lobs that allowed Kavanaugh to paint himself as like the second coming of Christ
Definitely not the boy he portrayed in his yearbook--definitely not the friend Mark Judge portrayed inn his two books--his "Barf O'Kavanaugh" buddy...
And not the guy that Yale classmates remember...
Only a fool would believe the Dems are really interested in the truth. Feinstein is the clown car driver and every week a new clown emerges, including sleezy stripper lawyer....

Old 09-25-2018, 07:37 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
Quote:
Has anyone else noticed that the poll numbers for Kavanaugh failing to pass muster have doubled in the last 30 hours??
I chose 49 or fewer and that choice has over 50 votes as of right now...830 CST.
Interesting...
LOL... has anyone seen the polls that said Hillary will win by a landslide. Really, stop embarrassing yourselves.

Old 09-25-2018, 07:44 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. This is great. The GOP sees the minefield ahead, and their response isnt to stop and observe things to avoid them, but to run full speed into it.

Self inflicted wounds.

They should have picked someone clean like they did with Gorsuch. Because honestly I think they will lose a couple votes, and even after spending all this capital they will have to go back to the drawing board. They would have been better off picking someone else.
Trump picked him because Kav needed debt s paid and Trump needed someone to be on the Supreme Court who will argue against indicting a sitting President..Voila..Kav s the guy !!!! Soul mates.

Their mutual affinity for causing harm to women for sexual pleasure is just the icing on the cake .

Old 09-25-2018, 07:49 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,845 times
Repugs have hired a sex crimes prosecutor to question Ford so they can keep their slimy little hands clean. People won’t be fooled.

Old 09-25-2018, 07:53 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
I agree that Dr. Ford doesn't have photos from Kavanaugh's cloud account to back up her story
But the woman Ford said was there who said she didn't remember the event--ALSO SAID she believed Ford's account...
I find it very interesting, self-serving, and convenient that when anyone on the pro-Kavanaugh side quotes her response--they always stop before they add the part that she believed Dr. Ford...always.
Ford has other evidence of her past reporting about this trama
You probably don't believe that either
How do you reconcile the bolded?

Dr. Ford's friend was adamant she wasn't there and never met or was at any party with Brett Kavanaugh, yet she believes her friends account of what happened.

How is there any way that makes sense?

Old 09-25-2018, 07:54 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
What a charade. This may please their base but will galvanize the Independents, Dems, women and all supporters of the #MeToo movement to come out in retaliation for not taking Kavanaugh's accusers seriously. They can ignore the accusers all they want, but the polls show most Americans want a fair hearing and investigation. 'Plowing' Kavanaugh through despite all the allegations and his low disapproval rating is going to haunt the GOP bigly.

I can't wait until the third accuser comes out tomorrow!
I think they will survive the disapproval of the nuts that place credence in a BS 36 year old high school spin the bottle story.

Only idiots take it seriously.

Old 09-25-2018, 07:54 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,647,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. This is great. The GOP sees the minefield ahead, and their response isnt to stop and observe things to avoid them, but to run full speed into it.

Self inflicted wounds.

They should have picked someone clean like they did with Gorsuch. Because honestly I think they will lose a couple votes, and even after spending all this capital they will have to go back to the drawing board. They would have been better off picking someone else.
I agree, this is great. After the circus which was the Kavanaugh hearings were over, and all that was left to do was have a vote, we are presented with a mystery women who claims the soon to be confirmed judge attempted to assault her when they were teenagers. Of course, all we have at that point is a headline story and no real details. Then, we are given the woman's name, and little bits of information about her story. Of course, as time goes by we learn more, and the more we learn the more questions pop into our rational minds. The accuser can give no real evidence. No location, no dates, no witnesses to corroborate her story, nothing. Just a story, accusing the soon to be confirmed judge of inappropriate behavior, nearly 40 years before. Of course, the Democrats are immediately in an excited frenzy, calling for delays while we try to learn more about this allegation. But many people are not completely ready to say Kavanaugh is guilty and call it a day just yet, so instead plans are made to interview both the accuser and the accused, in an attempt to try and ascertain just who is telling the truth in regards to this matter. Of course, all plans which are floated are shot down by the accuser and her attorney, who choose instead to ask for ridiculous concessions and circumstances before the accuser is willing to give her statement. An activity, I might add, which continues even now. And all the while, Kavanaugh has maintained his innocence.

Enter victim #2. Yet again, a female comes forward to make claims of inappropriate behavior on the part of Kavanaugh. Once again, the memories are unclear. Once again, supposed witnesses claim to have no knowledge of the alleged events. And this time, to top it all off, the accuser has actually voiced her indecision about weather or not it actually was Kavanaugh she saw at all. And yet, some people still seem to think these proceedings should be brought to a screeching halt, while a massive investigation into what are already extremely flimsy claims can be completed. Well, I say sure, open an investigation and really look into this matter. And while all that is going on, the confirmation can move ahead as scheduled. And the reason I say this is quite simple. These allegations are simply that, allegations.

A person accused in this manner has not been proven to have done anything wrong. And as such, at least in this case, he should not be treated as a criminal. Judge Kavanaugh's life and career should not be put on hold at this point. If an investigation into this man brings forth real evidence of wrong doing at some point, then by all means, prosecute him and he will be removed from the court. But until that time, Judge Kavanaugh's life should continue to move in the same direction it was before these ALLEGATIONS were made. His word is just as believable as anyone else's at this point, since there is no other actual evidence outside of his and his accuser's statements. He is innocent until proven otherwise, and should be allowed to continue on his current path, until circumstances deem otherwise. Of course, who knows, this could all change Thursday with Dr Ford's testimony. Only time will tell us what's going to happen here. But I still say yes, by all means, the judiciary committee should move forward with their vote, unless they are swayed by Dr. Ford's testimony.

Old 09-25-2018, 07:55 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Wow. Attorney for Kavanaugh's second accuser has made multiple attempts to contact republican senators and have been given the run around.

What a shocker. What an embarrassment the GOP has become.

We've had enough of the nonsense. She too has had all summer to pipe up. We aren't going through the same dance with every unsupported claim that we did with Ford. Get over it.

What this means is that your side can forget about yet another new accuser stepping forth on Thursday in a feeble attempt to delay the Friday vote.

Old 09-25-2018, 08:00 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,647,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Repugs have hired a sex crimes prosecutor to question Ford so they can keep their slimy little hands clean. People won’t be fooled.
Odd. Why would anyone have a problem with an expert on sex crimes being the person asking questions about an alleged sexual assault? It just seems to me it makes far more sense than being questioned by a group of politicians. Why does it seem like Democrats in general have such a huge problem with bringing in someone from the outside to question Dr. Ford? None of you voiced this sort of anger when we brought in a outside special prosecutor to look into alleged Russian meddling/collusion with the Trump administration. This is an expert on sex crimes. Please, tell me, who would be better to bring in on a case like this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies