Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 08:34 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Since this has been reported the frequent cry was how unfair a hearing would be because a bunch of old white guys, who can’t possibly understand what it like to be a sexual assault victim, would be grilling her. So they addressed that concern. They should be appaulded for hearing everyone’s concerns and doing something to alleviate the issue. It’s not like they can suddenly morph into females familiar with sexual assault victimization themselves.

I would think everyone would be happy with the prospect of a prosecutor experienced in sexual assault cases questioning the alleged accused, Judge Kavanaugh.
not this one. he's very upset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
And instead of showing up the Dems' concerns and proving to America that they were up to the task of respectfully interviewing Dr Ford, they decided to hide behind a skirt.

Hiring an Aunt Lydia so they could cower in the background.

19,387 posts, read 6,501,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
rumor on 4chan is that she is taking a hot air balloon across the country and she is over ohio right now
Maybe she's planning on a transport pod. I just hope a fly doesn't get in there with her.

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Of COURSE we must consider Kavanaugh's innocence. It's what our country was founded on - the idea that you are innocent until PROVEN guilty.
That applies in criminal proceedings, not in job interviews.
Quote:
The fact that liberals are bound and determined to change that disgusts me.
No one is changing anything.

Old 09-26-2018, 08:41 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
That applies in criminal proceedings, not in job interviews.

No one is changing anything.
I applies in all aspects of life. An unfounded accusation is never proof. Not in court, not in a job interview, not anywhere.

And yes, libs are trying to change that. Why else would they be running with the "he's a rapist" angle, as if it were the truth?

Old 09-26-2018, 08:44 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I applies in all aspects of life. An unfounded accusation is never proof. Not in court, not in a job interview, not anywhere.

And yes, libs are trying to change that. Why else would they be running with the "he's a rapist" angle, as if it were the truth?
If it's unfounded.

Let's get the FBI to look into it to remove that "unfounded" aspect, like the accusers have requested.

And the Pubs have refused.

We all know why that is.

Old 09-26-2018, 08:45 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
I saw that. And, another claims he was anything but a virgin. What a joke. His wife looks like she doesn't even believe him. Look at her face and expression!

https://www.businessinsider.com/bret...assmate-2018-9
she does not look like that, are you a body reader or something? To me, it appears she as well as the rest of the family are devastated. How do you think you would have reacted if you went through something like this? I can imagine what this poor, upstanding family is feeling right now. Did you actually watch the interview live on FOX?

Old 09-26-2018, 08:47 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,908,672 times
I will be so happy when this is over and Justice Kavanaugh is sitting in his proper place on the Supreme Court. The left has sunk to a new low with all of their dirty tricks, if they ever were to get back into power, America would will condemned to failure.

With all of the damage obama did in his eight years of America hating destruction, a democrat take over would spell the end of America for ever.

Brett will get at least two demo votes, probably four, to go along with the republican votes. Trump, and now Kavanaugh, are truly MAGA.

Be very thankful, left wing wienies....

Old 09-26-2018, 08:51 AM

5,958 posts, read 2,875,868 times
All this drama about an incident that may or may not have happened 35 .THIRTY FIVE years ago is is a Red Herring .
What kind of a judge has he been in the past years and try and be honest with yourself.

Old 09-26-2018, 08:52 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
The only one with sworn statements to present is Ms Ford.

The one with the accomplice that is hiding is Kav.
The president who **** shames rather than investigates is the one who has had at minimum 2 affairs he hid and paid off to continue to hide his crime against his own wife...is Trump.

This is pure Trump political and has nothing to do with the American interests or putting America first.
Kav. is the fastest choice before midterms to get someone who will argue a sitting president can not be indicted. His purpose, as a Trump gem to the SCourt , is to keep Trump on the right side of a firing squad.

That he is a serial sexual predator and organizer of sexual assault upon women, that he seeks sexual pleasure from the suffering of women is just a bro thing between them.

Winning.
OIMG, even if all the claims are true which of course they are not, how in the HELL can you accuse Kavenagh as being a sexual predator or are you calling Trump that? Which ever you are making no sense. I will give you credit for having a truly wonderful imagine. Have you thought of becoming a writer of total fiction?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies