Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 07:53 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The answer IS:

That was then, this is now.

What Biden says is true: the FBI report doesn't reach the conclusion. The vote on the senate floor does that.

27 years later, Pubs want to repeat the mistakes of the Hill hearing.

That's simply not wise.

Even if they hire a female mouthpiece to try to shield them.

Now it's your turn to answer the question in post 8021.

The moan was audible, when it was announced, the old white guys would not be questioning the witness.
The scramble to put a political angle on it was put into play and came up as empty, as Mueller looking for the Russian connection.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:53 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
I thought she was afraid to fly. So where is she now? Still in California? How is she supposed to get to DC by tomorrow?

Old 09-26-2018, 07:55 AM

Quote:
All that silly nonsense you've regurgitated from whoever told what to think means nothing here.

Pubs are afraid of looking into Kavanaugh's past, because skeletons are beginning to dance out of his closet.

I won't even mention the 100,000 pages of documents on his time in the Dubya admin that Pubs are blocking.

No doubt they have their reasons for doing that.

And we ALL know what that reason is.

You people of the sexual revolution, created a huge problem, you want to now blame Conservative prude people for?
Have you thought this through?

Old 09-26-2018, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I thought she was afraid to fly. So where is she now? Still in California? How is she supposed to get to DC by tomorrow?
There was never a plan for her to ever show up and make the Democrats look bad.
They will blame the Republicans for bulling her and scaring her, so she was afraid to show her face and answer what she has accused.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:59 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Another person that forgot 2016 and Garland already.
Garland is the only time the Rs have had any balls.

Old 09-26-2018, 08:00 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Not reporting it doesn't mean it didn't happen. I was assaulted myself, and I was 15 years old as well. I never reported it for numerous reasons, among them the fact that I wanted to forget it. However, that does not mean I automatically believe Ford. She may not be telling the truth. But women who say they have been assaulted are more likely to be telling the truth than not. And the fact that no one can corroborate it doesn't mean it didn't happen either. How many sexual assault victims have witnesses? I am appalled by how many people automatically discount her just because Kavanaugh is a ___________. Besides, what deceitful motivation could she possibly have for bringing it up? What beef does she have against Kavanaugh that she would lie about something so damaging? She is not politically active. She is merely a college professor and no one has discussed any relationship with any bigwig politicians that I know of.
It is not discrediting her right away, it is everything together that makes me not believe her. The timing, the lack of a name mentioned before, and most importantly, the witnesses she said was there do not recall such a party, and even her friend goes on to day she had never met or known kavanaugh.

It is not thenough fact she cannot prove the assault, she cannot even prove the party happened.

She also says the number on the therapist notes are wrong, alert of a critical detail, went from saying she never told anyone to she told three friends, and went from stating the incident took place in the early 80s to exactly in 82.

Her story changes has she tries to bolster it, I do not trust that.

Old 09-26-2018, 08:00 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You people of the sexual revolution, created a huge problem, you want to now blame Conservative prude people for?
Kavanaugh's behavior (the topic here) was not that of a prudish conservative.

Old 09-26-2018, 08:01 AM

35,074 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Just stop with shielding sexual predators. One on the SC is more than enough. Let the accusers give their accounts in sworn testimony. If the Pubs are SO certain that all of them are lying, then why are they blocking investigations into the allegations?

Why not investigate and show the women to be liars and Kavanaugh to be honest instead of leaving it an open question?

And why are they blocking 100,000 pages of documents from Kavanaugh's time in the Dubya admin?

Why the big rush to cram him through when they were willing to delay filling Scalia's seat for a year?

There's more at stake here than a single seat on the SC.

Hyperpartisans see no inconsistencies here, but the rest of America does.

Quote:
Somehow you've missed the reality that it's the accusers wanting an FBI investigation into their claims, while Kavanaugh and his Pub protectors refuse to allow it.

Trumplings understand completely why that is.

So does everyone else.

This, in football parlance, is "running out the clock." The Democrats' tactics on the Affordable Care Act (Democrats only voted for it in both houses), the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action a/k/a Iran deal (vote circumvented), and Paris Climate Accords (vote circumvented) and Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) were dubious at best.

And I am a lifelong Democrat for voted for Hillary and was very upset when she lost. But not to the point of wanting a coup.

Last edited by jbgusa; 09-26-2018 at 08:11 AM..

Old 09-26-2018, 08:02 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Kavanaugh's behavior (the topic here) was not that of a prudish conservative.

No, but the 59ish guys that ford had sex with is on par with some lefties irrational behavior....

Old 09-26-2018, 08:03 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
... and she did some work in Hawaii. Did she go by boat??? Ford is a liar. Kavenaugh has released his calendars from the period in question. He was busy boy and didn't have time to go to some alleged party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies