Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 10:05 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times

Advertisements

I just read that Mrs. Ford polygraph test only 2 questions were asked and not specific about Judge Kanavaugh. I know lie detector test are not admissible in court but damn only 2 questions and it had to do about the letter she wrote.

1) Is any part of your statement false?" and

2) "Did you make up any part of your statement?"

what kind of BS is this?......don't they supposed to ask first a few general questions about something that is true and then ask her specific things of her charges.

2 general questions???? wtf!

Old 09-26-2018, 10:09 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,910,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Yeah, I have been through the same type of background check, for a security clearance when I was in the Navy.
I agree with everything you said.
Yes, there SHOULD be an investigation! But the Maryland State Police should do it. It is,after all, in THEIR jurisdiction! Yes, we DO want the truth of the matter, if it can be determined. I really doubt that the truth will ever be known, though, there just doesn't seem to be any real evidence.
Maryland Police sent out a statement saying they would investigate if anyone would ever submit a complaint, which no one has ever done. They said the would need specifics to investigate, such as date, time, address, etc. Ford doesn't remember any of those facts. it's total dead end..

Old 09-26-2018, 10:11 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
I just read that Mrs. Ford polygraph test only 2 questions were asked and not specific about Judge Kanavaugh. I know lie detector test are not admissible in court but damn only 2 questions and it had to do about the letter she wrote.

1) Is any part of your statement false?" and

2) "Did you make up any part of your statement?"

what kind of BS is this?......don't they supposed to ask first a few general questions about something that is true and then ask her specific things of her charges.

2 general questions???? wtf!
Well aren’t these the most relevant questions. I’d like to see Kavanaugh take the same test

Old 09-26-2018, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Yeah, I have been through the same type of background check, for a security clearance when I was in the Navy.
I agree with everything you said.
Yes, there SHOULD be an investigation! But the Maryland State Police should do it. It is,after all, in THEIR jurisdiction! Yes, we DO want the truth of the matter, if it can be determined. I really doubt that the truth will ever be known, though, there just doesn't seem to be any real evidence.

right now we have BS........not even a civil court will take these allegations.

I based the truth by evidence and other actions and motives by the accusers and so far they don't have anything.

I could do thE SAME CRAP.........I formerly accused MADONNA....in 1985 at a party in New York City she raped me or try to....I have no evidence to back it up, I don't remember the hotel, how I got there, how I went home and nobody can back up My claim, not even my longtime friend. Hell, I can't even prove that a party with Madonna existed with me or the hotel in 1985.....I told no one for 33 years......go have the FBI or the NYPD investigate and if Madonna doesn't call for an FBI investigation on herself, she is hiding something. Guilty!!!!! all alleged rape victims need to be believed.

see, I can play the same game all day long.

this is how stupid and a circus all of this is.

Old 09-26-2018, 10:16 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Isn't it just as hard to believe Ford would remember? He made a sworn written statement. Supposedly he is safe from prosecution since so much time has passed.

Amazing that so many people remember Kavanaugh. Back then he was a nobody.

Old 09-26-2018, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Well aren’t these the most relevant questions. I’d like to see Kavanaugh take the same test

POLYGRAPHS tests are B.S. .....no court would admit them........but I seen polygraph tests that it's a lot more than 2 general questions.

Old 09-26-2018, 10:20 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
Do you also believe in due process? Based on the Crosby case, Kavanaugh at a minimum should be investigated. Simply part of due process.
I absolutely do, if:
1. Accuser can show some kind of proof that the event happened.
2. Evidence can be shown for motive .

In this case I haven't seen anything but yeah it had to be him because uhmmmm someone else said it was him.

The timing is suspect to say the least. Feinstein's actions are suspect as well.

We are talking about if not destroying someones life, damaging it and all based upon really weak claims.

You can say all is fine after the investigation. Yeah because the media is known for retracting hit pieces.

Old 09-26-2018, 10:22 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
right now we have BS........not even a civil court will take these allegations.

I based the truth by evidence and other actions and motives by the accusers and so far they don't have anything.

I could do thE SAME CRAP.........I formerly accused MADONNA....in 1985 at a party in New York City she raped me or try to....I have no evidence to back it up, I don't remember the hotel, how I got there, how I went home and nobody can back up My claim, not even my longtime friend. Hell, I can't even prove that a party with Madonna existed with me or the hotel in 1985.....I told no one for 33 years......go have the FBI or the New York City investigate and if Madonna doesn't call for an FBI investigation on herself, she is hiding something. Guilty!!!!! all alleged rape victims need to be believed.

see, I can play the same game all day long.

this is how stupid and a circus all of this is.
Not stupid at all. And this is no game. This is about the integrity of a nominee for our highest court

Last edited by Oldhag1; 09-27-2018 at 04:31 AM.. Reason: Fixed formatting

Old 09-26-2018, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Maryland Police sent out a statement saying they would investigate if anyone would ever submit a complaint, which no one has ever done. They said the would need specifics to investigate, such as date, time, address, etc. Ford doesn't remember any of those facts. it's total dead end..

SOMEBODY stole my Bank Card card and used $3,500 in charges. My bank said I needed to file a police report. I did it over the phone with a detective. You could go in person and in many districts, you can do it online and detectives will call you back if they need more information.

How is it that neither of these women hasn't filed a police report with the Maryland police department with all the crap they are saying, especially the 10 gang rape parties and she kept going back is beyond me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies