Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 07:19 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
The only things that matter to honorable people are property rights and non-aggression.

I guess narrow minds have narrow interests.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2018, 07:21 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Is there a victim of aggression?

And remember, "society" is not an acceptable answer. This ain't public school.
Yes.

Old 08-30-2018, 07:22 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,983,621 times
Quote:
That may be, but they'd be much better served working for a private police agency.

I understand the sentiment, but they're giving explicit consent to the State when they decide to become one of its employees. No_Recess is a perfect example; he worked for the government, but saw the light and got the hell out. I used to work for Lockheed developing government death weapons; I got the hell out, too.
I agree with the concepts, but I don't judge those who probably never gave one second of thought to them. Doesn't make them right, but it also doesn't make them bad people.

I hold the powers that be WAY more responsible as they have given plenty of thought to it all and still knowingly go down the bad path. As long as they continue to do that, there will always be people willing to either blindly or knowingly step in to suck up the good salary and benefits.

Old 08-30-2018, 07:22 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
That may be, but they'd be much better served working for a private police agency.

no. private police agencies are worse that government police agencies. often times what will happen is private police agency will operate under the color of bounty hunter laws which give them far more leeway when dealing with people. they can enter your home without a warrant, they can search your car without a warrant, they can haul you off to jail for looking at them cross eyed with no recourse on your part. sorry, but as bad as some LEOs can be, a private police force would be far worse.

Old 08-30-2018, 07:25 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,124,162 times
Quote:
There's hope for all of us!

But for now, we have roads!

If someone as money-thirsty as I am could give up a STUPIDLY well-paying job at Lockheed out of principle and then invest my life savings into starting a civilian business, while living paycheck-to-paycheck for a few years, then anyone can ditch the State.

Old 08-30-2018, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Public school grad.

Forgive the sins of my indoctrinated brain. Detox takes awhile.
No recess for you!

Old 08-30-2018, 07:28 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Yes.
Well, who is the victim?

Old 08-30-2018, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I guess narrow minds have narrow interests.
What's more important than property rights and non-aggression?

Family falls under both of those categories, just in case that was the answer you were going to give.

Old 08-30-2018, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I agree with the concepts, but I don't judge those who probably never gave one second of thought to them. Doesn't make them right, but it also doesn't make them bad people.

I hold the powers that be WAY more responsible as they have given plenty of thought to it all and still knowingly go down the bad path. As long as they continue to do that, there will always be people willing to either blindly or knowingly step in to suck up the good salary and benefits.
That was the biggest hurdle to me becoming an ancap; recognizing complicity in the justification of the State.

Old 08-30-2018, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
no. private police agencies are worse that government police agencies. often times what will happen is private police agency will operate under the color of bounty hunter laws which give them far more leeway when dealing with people. they can enter your home without a warrant, they can search your car without a warrant, they can haul you off to jail for looking at them cross eyed with no recourse on your part. sorry, but as bad as some LEOs can be, a private police force would be far worse.
No. Private police agencies are FAR more preferable to government police, as they have clients and are held to a higher standard. If they provide poor service, their clients will choose competing companies. It's capitalism 101.

Property rights are absolute, and may not be violated for any reason. Warrants are a violation of natural law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies