Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 11:57 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,581,758 times

Advertisements

A lot of people are stuck on WTC7 as proof that all three buildings were intentionally demolished because of the absence of a plane in that case. It is just collateral damage. It's not evidence of a conspiracy.

Old 09-11-2018, 12:40 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,254,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
This is great.

OP, there are people who do not believe that there were any airplanes there in the first place. They were holograms. There are also people who believe the twin towers were hollow and that all the people you see on the videos are actors and CGI.

I was at the WTC on 9/11/2001. There were indeed planes. And people. The end.

billl is correct. Do not argue with these people. It is like a religion to them, and you will not change their minds.
This.

/thread.

Old 09-11-2018, 01:03 PM

177 posts, read 312,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
This.

/thread.

Exactly! Believing the official story is also a form of religion; you're either a believer or not.

/thread.

Old 09-11-2018, 01:06 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,655,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
A lot of people are stuck on WTC7 as proof that all three buildings were intentionally demolished because of the absence of a plane in that case. It is just collateral damage. It's not evidence of a conspiracy.
Well, you gotta wonder what is a missing plane evidence of, then? Just wondering!

Old 09-11-2018, 01:15 PM

46,970 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudoshin1115 View Post
Exactly! Believing the official story is also a form of religion; you're either a believer or not.
I guess an evidence-based world view resembles a belief structure for those not subscribing to it.

Old 09-11-2018, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I guess an evidence-based world view resembles a belief structure for those not subscribing to it.

That's very funny, you should take your show on the road. Or better yet, just go in the road.

Old 09-11-2018, 01:48 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,244,181 times
Quote:
So, since you admitted to misleading people for a living, I'll take your advice.
Good. You should.

Keep in mind, I only released facts. You could rely on every story I wrote as true and accurate statements. What you could NOT rely on was that every available fact I had regarding the topic was reported. People often "read between the lines" and make assumptions. It wasn't my purpose to educate the public about everything our agency did, just parts of it.

You, as a reader, should ask yourself, "What part of this story isn't being mentioned?" No news article includes every bit of information available, but they generally include all the most important facts. Sometimes, however, with news releases, the most important facts may not be mentioned at all. Truth is, the whole story might have been released to draw attention away from something else, like a rumor that can't be denied, and it also can't be explained for security or other reasons.

Question: "Did you do X?"

Answer: "Well we did do Y, and some might confuse it with X. We've been doing Y blah, blah, blah because blah, blah, blah. Oh, we also have recently begun doing Z. Blah, blah, blah...."

There ya go. Now, go debunk some news stories, but don't try to debunk facts that are unquestionably accurate.

BTW, I also wrote histories for this outfit. That's when you take a 200-word news story and include related facts until you end up with a 500-page manuscript. Not many people would (or could) read them, but the few who did made all the important decisions. That was a fun job.

Old 09-11-2018, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Good. You should.

Keep in mind, I only released facts. You could rely on every story I wrote as true and accurate statements. What you could NOT rely on was that every available fact I had regarding the topic was reported. People often "read between the lines" and make assumptions. It wasn't my purpose to educate the public about everything our agency did, just parts of it.

You, as a reader, should ask yourself, "What part of this story isn't being mentioned?" No news article includes every bit of information available, but they generally include all the most important facts. Sometimes, however, with news releases, the most important facts may not be mentioned at all. Truth is, the whole story might have been released to draw attention away from something else, like a rumor that can't be denied, and it also can't be explained for security or other reasons.

Question: "Did you do X?"

Answer: "Well we did do Y, and some might confuse it with X. We've been doing Y blah, blah, blah because blah, blah, blah. Oh, we also have recently begun doing Z. Blah, blah, blah...."

There ya go. Now, go debunk some news stories, but don't try to debunk facts that are unquestionably accurate.

BTW, I also wrote histories for this outfit. That's when you take a 200-word news story and include related facts until you end up with a 500-page manuscript. Not many people would (or could) read them, but the few who did made all the important decisions. That was a fun job.

You misunderstand me. You told me to take everything I read and hear with a grain of salt. That includes what you wrote here and your previous post. It also includes the posts from some well known trolls from the politics forum I've had the misfortune to encounter, who would rather make smartass ad hominem attacks rather than discuss topics intelligently.

As for facts, haven't seen anything here that convinces me or others that this was nothing but a red flag to keep the military industrial complex revved up with an unwinnable war against 'terrorism'. Been fun anyway, over and out.

Old 09-11-2018, 02:46 PM

6,739 posts, read 4,424,565 times
Seems to me these debunkers are always looking to use an incident to gain attention, where as in there normal life they lack. And do succeed somewhat in a pathetic way.

Old 09-11-2018, 02:47 PM

2,211 posts, read 1,575,856 times
Quote:
You misunderstand me. You told me to take everything I read and hear with a grain of salt. That includes what you wrote here and your previous post. It also includes the posts from some well known trolls from the politics forum I've had the misfortune to encounter, who would rather make smartass ad hominem attacks rather than discuss topics intelligently.

As for facts, haven't seen anything here that convinces me or others that this was nothing but a red flag to keep the military industrial complex revved up with an unwinnable war against 'terrorism'. Been fun anyway, over and out.
I've listened to conspiracy theories before, sure, but I don't think anyone really "believes" them.

You do know that, for the conspiracies to be true.. Many thousands of people would have to be lying, including those that had actual real productive lives and lost human friends!!?

I kept my quiet in the morningtime and I find the ceremonies difficult to watch, but today, I didn't re-watch the conspiracy theory videos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies