Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 10:01 AM

2,211 posts, read 1,575,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
O M G ......

[b]WHERE do these people find the time to hunt up all of these ridiculous theories?? Do they not have jobs, families???? LIVES????[)B]

and has there ever been a plausible reason put forth for WHY the US Government would perpetrate such a horrific act??

W had an obsession for Saddam Hussein before he was ever even elected and I am sure would have found a way to declare war on Iraq without killing over 3,000 US citizens and manufacturing some ridiculous conspiracy theory involving hundreds of other US citizens.......
That's the thing.... They don't. They truly do not .

There are tinfoil hat people that believe I killed a dog. After I'm done laughing at them, it hurts that someone would make that up. It's still total ...

Old 09-06-2018, 10:02 AM

88,623 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
The planes pretty much disintegrated when they went into the buildings...Hell, I am not going to waste my time and energy trying to refute inane comments by people with no common sense. You want to believe it was a a giant conspiracy, knock yourself out. You will look like a fool, but, it's your reputation that suffers.
Just a note. Some people seem to think that the word "disintegrated" is equivalent to "completely vanished".

When I got down and looked out at the Plaza, it was right after Two was hit and there were burning plane pieces all over the place. I mean, you KNEW they were parts of a plane. Of course, they were buried under the collapsed material later, but a lot of parts were pulled out of the debris, and some are in the museum now.

There are people who will say that what is in the museum is manufactured, because there are people who believe that--surrounded by thousands of people on the street and at the WTC--some prop trucks rolled up onto the Plaza without anyone seeing them and strew these plane pieces all around to make it look as if there were planes when there actually weren't any.

I am serious. One of the Internet truthers actually told me that this is what happened and that's really what I saw. Props.

Old 09-06-2018, 10:09 AM

2,211 posts, read 1,575,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yes. I saw that in the paper when she died.
I'm actually IN Bayonne right now. At the new Burger King down by Walmart. My Mom was at the medical center on 30th St and Ave E; My Uncle: At "Global" shipyard, and my Dad somewhere in NYC. All of these are prime views to all of that terror that day.

Me? I was .. in college, failing a math test I had not really prepared for, nor cared, since I was feeling college not for me. Went to bathroom, heard two kids saying "Yo, there's a plane in the side of the WTC." Shrugged. Peed. Went to the carefeteria and ..........

I must be some kind of an awful person, because I knew they were going to come down right when I saw the pics on the TV.

Now, fast-forward to the late 2000s and 2010s.. it's not uncommon for people to watch YouTube for an hour or two and selectively build conspiracy theory arguments, when each "point" of said arguments has a video next to it starting how things ACTUALLY went down. You're familiar, so... A little joking point: Did you know that since the Logan video had the wrong date and time on it, that it was faked? <-- Probably not funny but, I've learned quite a bit of the conspiracy theories just working jobs with people that want to seem important in the moment. One of the ways to do so is to say how George W Bush wanted to bomb the buildings ... Consistent with the last few sentences I wrote....

September 11th is in 5 days, wow. It's coming up...

Old 09-06-2018, 10:15 AM

46,970 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Looks like you are not a science guy.

If some one punches a hole in your body, do you fall down to the ground ? Only if your 2 legs are cut together, you fall downwards. At worst case you may fall sideways.
OK guys, we can stop looking for "Worst simile of 2018", that right there is not going to be beat.

Old 09-06-2018, 10:32 AM

46,970 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Just a note. Some people seem to think that the word "disintegrated" is equivalent to "completely vanished".

When I got down and looked out at the Plaza, it was right after Two was hit and there were burning plane pieces all over the place. I mean, you KNEW they were parts of a plane. Of course, they were buried under the collapsed material later, but a lot of parts were pulled out of the debris, and some are in the museum now.

There are people who will say that what is in the museum is manufactured, because there are people who believe that--surrounded by thousands of people on the street and at the WTC--some prop trucks rolled up onto the Plaza without anyone seeing them and strew these plane pieces all around to make it look as if there were planes when there actually weren't any.

I am serious. One of the Internet truthers actually told me that this is what happened and that's really what I saw. Props.
The lenghts people will go to...

I used to work with a young lady who'd been in the Pentagon on 9/11. Calm, mild-mannered, extremely professional, in fact I rarely met someone so much in control of herself. (It was only later I realized that a young black woman trying to make her way in a male-dominated field (senior-level IT) has to manage herself very carefully, because she's likely surrounded by a bunch of white male introverts who aren't equipped to deal with any sort of emotional interaction.)

And so her reaction when one of my dorkier colleagues started as much as hinting at some sort of fakery was that much more startling. The ice-cold contempt as she carefully, measuredly and politely tore him limb from limb over what he thought was just a flippant comment. Voice wasn't raised, no dramatic gestures, just 5 minutes of "I was there, you weren't, and you are not invited to use my dead friends to construct a fantasy world because you need to pretend you know something."

Old 09-06-2018, 10:44 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,144,346 times
Guy I knew in the military told me they shot a missile at the at the 757 that hit the Pentagon why it didnt look like plane hit it and im like, sooooo what happened to the 757 with passengers on it then and he had no answer SMH.

Old 09-06-2018, 12:00 PM

24,307 posts, read 13,152,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Guy I knew in the military told me they shot a missile at the at the 757 that hit the Pentagon why it didnt look like plane hit it and im like, sooooo what happened to the 757 with passengers on it then and he had no answer SMH.
Probably because he was a "guy in the military" with no real expertise or access to the actual data.

I was the wing supervisor of flying on September 11th. After the attacks, we (wing staff, etc) had a meeting with the wing commander who briefed us about what we knew, which wasn't a lot. Then some of us were sent home, and at 2 AM on 12 September 2001 I was flying CAP over a SE US city. Only then were we armed with live missiles; some ADF units sitting alert were scrambled, but not in time. A couple years later at Langley AFB in VA I ran into one of my former students in the F-16 who was on the Air Combat Command staff and was a member of the 113th Fighter Wing (ANG) at Andrews AFB. They responded with guns only, they were not loaded with live missiles, no missiles fired. Additionally, at a weapons danger zone conference in 2012 I talked at length over a beer or three with a contract program manager, a retired A-4 and F/A-18 pilot, who on 9-11 was on a staff tour at the Pentagon on the southeast side near the Metro station. He said the sound was like a very large, but muffled bomb going off. And the smell of jet fuel afterwards, after everyone was evacuated, was quite apparent.

If the assertion is that the 757 didn't exist (an assertion long since debunked) but rather a missile fired from a fighter hit the Pentagon, then that's truly ludicrous. Having carried and employed all but the AGM-154 J-SOW and AGM-158 JASSM, there's no missile that can create such a large hole. An air-to-air missile such as the AIM-120 AMRAAM just doesn't have enough explosive mass to create a 75-feet wide hole in concrete and masonry.

Old 09-06-2018, 01:10 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,581,758 times
Some of the planes broke up during the landing. They had several cargo containers full of plane parts for the Shanksville, Pa crash site. That and the Pentagon crash were the ones most commonly cited by doubters that a plane actually crashed.

The base conspiracy theory that 19 identified Al Qaeda members hijacked the four passenger airliners and crashed them into civilian targets is supported by the evidence, such as phone calls from 2 of the planes, their real names being used in reservations for schools, flights, hotels, rental cars, and gyms, and surveillance video at Logan airport.

There are other theories that are just contradictions of the base case but don't provide an alternative, except for the controlled demolition theory, which is limited to the three NYC buildings.

Some theories accept the official story but attempt to explain hidden motives for why the plotters were in the company of known government informants, tracked by the CIA and Israeli intelligence, and were monitored by the FBI while engaging in suspicious activity, notably the flight training.

Old 09-06-2018, 03:32 PM

17,218 posts, read 57,105,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SluggoF16 View Post
Probably because he was a "guy in the military" with no real expertise or access to the actual data.

I was the wing supervisor of flying on September 11th. After the attacks, we (wing staff, etc) had a meeting with the wing commander who briefed us about what we knew, which wasn't a lot. Then some of us were sent home, and at 2 AM on 12 September 2001 I was flying CAP over a SE US city. Only then were we armed with live missiles; some ADF units sitting alert were scrambled, but not in time. A couple years later at Langley AFB in VA I ran into one of my former students in the F-16 who was on the Air Combat Command staff and was a member of the 113th Fighter Wing (ANG) at Andrews AFB. They responded with guns only, they were not loaded with live missiles, no missiles fired. Additionally, at a weapons danger zone conference in 2012 I talked at length over a beer or three with a contract program manager, a retired A-4 and F/A-18 pilot, who on 9-11 was on a staff tour at the Pentagon on the southeast side near the Metro station. He said the sound was like a very large, but muffled bomb going off. And the smell of jet fuel afterwards, after everyone was evacuated, was quite apparent.

If the assertion is that the 757 didn't exist (an assertion long since debunked) but rather a missile fired from a fighter hit the Pentagon, then that's truly ludicrous. Having carried and employed all but the AGM-154 J-SOW and AGM-158 JASSM, there's no missile that can create such a large hole. An air-to-air missile such as the AIM-120 AMRAAM just doesn't have enough explosive mass to create a 75-feet wide hole in concrete and masonry.

I was in DC that day, had meetings at Forrestal, I saw the smoke cloud over the Pentagon "Live and In Person". There was enough fire, that, yeah, no possibility at all of an air-to-air missile causing that. Well, providing you rule out a "Ding-Dong", or a nuclear Falcon, both of which were long out of service in 2001.

In seriousness, if the hole was 75 feet across, that would account for the 757 engines, they are not 75 feet apart on the airplane. Point being that some people have asked, why was there one hole in the Pentagon, and not 3 (2 engines and fuselage). Apparently the answer is "There was just one big hole, and both engines and fuselage went through that."

Old 09-06-2018, 04:05 PM

14,611 posts, read 17,583,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
"I was there, you weren't, and you are not invited to use my dead friends to construct a fantasy world because you need to pretend you know something."
I like that quote. It should be a meme.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies