Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 08:36 AM

88,623 posts, read 84,875,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
I didn’t realize posting a link to a post is considered cross posting. I thought cross posting was posting the same thing in more than one place.

BTW, you were in one of the buildings? Must have been terrifying.
I didn't think so, either, but I saw that somebody got slapped for it not long ago.

I worked in One WTC for 20 years and was at work that day. Yes, "This might be the moment of my death" is indeed a terrifying thought, but "Then I'm going to die running" was a close follow-up thought, and I did.

Almost 3,000 died, but approximately 15,000 of us got out before the buildings went down. The closed 9/11 Support Group FB page is very busy right now as the anniversary approaches.

Old 09-05-2018, 08:39 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,038,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
What type of construction are you talking about that would do that? Are you an engineer? Because I know lots of them, including hundreds who worked at the WTC and then studied the debris and the collapse analysis and you probably wouldn't want to say something like that to them because they might laugh. Or, more likely, try to explain engineering principles to you in laymen's terms. They tend to do that.

using only very simple, one and two syllable words, preferably.....

Old 09-05-2018, 09:12 AM

78,451 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Looks like you are not a science guy.

If some one punches a hole in your body, do you fall down to the ground ? Only if your 2 legs are cut together, you fall downwards. At worst case you may fall sideways.
Well if you and I are buildings, you're certainly renting out the top floor.

Old 09-05-2018, 09:33 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,039,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well if you and I are buildings, you're certainly renting out the top floor.
Yep mine is rented. Some owners dont rent it out, but keep it unused.

1) First of all the OP s assumption doesnt make sense at all. 580 mph is probably the maximum speed. Even for a 777 and that too at 35000 feet. No way one could reach 580 between boston and new york.

2) I am merely thinking about hydraulic pressing principles and about how the building collpsed.

3) Thirdly but most importantly, in many hollywood movies they are shown chasing and shooting apaches with AK;s. So again, its about the top floor .

Old 09-05-2018, 10:26 AM

2,899 posts, read 1,873,089 times
I'm all for conspiracy because I think there are more of them than people realize.

But,

9/11 is not one of them.

The most conspiratorial thing that can be said, is Its ("possible") some in the government were aware something or more specifically planes into buildings was going to happen and then they let it happen. I haven't made up my mind on that but don't think it's likely.

9/11 really did happen pretty much exactly as it has been reported to have happened. Period.

Old 09-05-2018, 10:40 AM

78,451 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Yep mine is rented. Some owners dont rent it out, but keep it unused.

1) First of all the OP s assumption doesnt make sense at all. 580 mph is probably the maximum speed. Even for a 777 and that too at 35000 feet. No way one could reach 580 between boston and new york.

2) I am merely thinking about hydraulic pressing principles and about how the building collpsed.

3) Thirdly but most importantly, in many hollywood movies they are shown chasing and shooting apaches with AK;s. So again, its about the top floor .
Best of luck to you.

Old 09-05-2018, 04:41 PM

15,444 posts, read 7,511,039 times
Quote:
I specifically gave the body example so you guys can think a bit . Because you only pay attention to how wrong I am . But you yourself have given the answer now .

I am not saying its detonated, but a plane crashing would leave a hole or explode. Probably if you cut a hole through the middle perfectly, then it can collapse uniformly. This is common sciense.
The planes pretty much disintegrated when they went into the buildings...Hell, I am not going to waste my time and energy trying to refute inane comments by people with no common sense. You want to believe it was a a giant conspiracy, knock yourself out. You will look like a fool, but, it's your reputation that suffers.

Old 09-06-2018, 09:47 AM

2,211 posts, read 1,575,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Thank you. I lost 84 coworkers plus others I knew from daily interaction (cops, restaurant/cafeteria workers, security guards, etc.)

First and foremost, we should always remember those who died that day, but I don't think a lot of people realize that approximately 15,000 of us who were in the buildings got out alive.

I know people who were sitting on the north side (in One) and saw AA11 heading toward them and lived to tell the tale. I saw burning plane parts everywhere when I came out. Fabric from the cushions, other things my mind doesn't want to recall and you don't want to know about.

To the people who for whatever bizarre reason want others to believe there were no real planes or that the towers were hollow, you've got a problem in that there are an awful lot of us walking around who know for a fact you are lying.
You know the Bayonne "dust woman" (made famous by the photo) did pass away of cancer?

Old 09-06-2018, 09:49 AM

2,211 posts, read 1,575,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
The planes pretty much disintegrated when they went into the buildings...Hell, I am not going to waste my time and energy trying to refute inane comments by people with no common sense. You want to believe it was a a giant conspiracy, knock yourself out. You will look like a fool, but, it's your reputation that suffers.
Yeah, the conspiracy individuals pick up a soda can and basically stay that the aluminum plane was supposed to [/i]bounce off[/i] the steel building, no other explanation is good enough for a conspiracy theorist

They mention engines of the plane lol.....

Old 09-06-2018, 09:55 AM

88,623 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
You know the Bayonne "dust woman" (made famous by the photo) did pass away of cancer?
Yes. I saw that in the paper when she died.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies