Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 04:42 AM

59 posts, read 48,800 times

Advertisements

I don't know whether you guys want to have a take on this but there's a guy I know who believes that 9/11 was a false flag on the basis that (his statements not mine):

1.) the pilots were said to have been Moderator cut: ... poor (especially Hani Hanjour, pilot on AA77 into the Pentagon)

2.) the maneuvering abilities of the aircraft were extraordinary for pilots of such Moderator cut: ... poor skill

3.) all the planes exceeded the VMO at altitudes near sea level without any damage to their structural integrity (especially UA175 that hit the south tower at 09:03AM)

Can you debunk any of these? He's not the only one who believes this. People apparently think that the planes were "switched" by the military and replaced with piloted drones.

This sounds crazy so please debunk this.

Last edited by Marka; 09-03-2018 at 03:20 AM.. Reason: inappropriate language

Old 09-01-2018, 07:44 AM

2,218 posts, read 4,373,099 times
Don't wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

(This great saying is often attributed to George Bernard Shaw, but its origins go as far back as the 1700s).

You could factually debunk every one of this person's claims, and he still won't believe you. There really is no point in arguing with those who firmly believe conspiracy theories. Just move along.

Old 09-01-2018, 08:28 AM

88,591 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billl View Post
Don't wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

(This great saying is often attributed to George Bernard Shaw, but its origins go as far back as the 1700s).

You could factually debunk every one of this person's claims, and he still won't believe you. There really is no point in arguing with those who firmly believe conspiracy theories. Just move along.
This is great.

OP, there are people who do not believe that there were any airplanes there in the first place. They were holograms. There are also people who believe the twin towers were hollow and that all the people you see on the videos are actors and CGI.

I was at the WTC on 9/11/2001. There were indeed planes. And people. The end.

billl is correct. Do not argue with these people. It is like a religion to them, and you will not change their minds.

Old 09-01-2018, 10:11 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,967,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandafrom97 View Post
I don't know whether you guys want to have a take on this but there's a guy I know who believes that 9/11 was a false flag on the basis that (his statements not mine):

1.) the pilots were said to have been **** poor (especially Hani Hanjour, pilot on AA77 into the Pentagon)

2.) the maneuvering abilities of the aircraft were extraordinary for pilots of such **** poor skill

3.) all the planes exceeded the VMO at altitudes near sea level without any damage to their structural integrity (especially UA175 that hit the south tower at 09:03AM)

Can you debunk any of these? He's not the only one who believes this. People apparently think that the planes were "switched" by the military and replaced with piloted drones.

There was a time when I had read every significant book and video covering various 9/11 coincidences. That included sponsoring a mediocre 9/11 production. Never heard of #3. How are we going to assess the piloting skills of dead people who had never flown a jumbo jet before?

There were coincidences to be sure. The original poster had his channel suspended, another coincidence. Here are a couple hours of them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjZJjjQEkUo

Old 09-01-2018, 10:15 AM

102,216 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:

1.) the pilots were said to have been **** poor (especially Hani Hanjour, pilot on AA77 into the Pentagon)

2.) the maneuvering abilities of the aircraft were extraordinary for pilots of such **** poor skill

lol OP, guys love to sound like experts, and mouth off about how much they know about technical cr@p. Have they ever explained why the military would do something like that? Maybe it's the guys who are the drones, because they love to drone on and on about nonsense. lol

P.S. The pilots may have been dirt poor, but Bin Laden was rich. Your friend isn't very bright, is he?

Old 09-01-2018, 10:55 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,091,532 times
Quote:

Most of them weren't pilots. It doesn't take much skill to steer an airplane that's already flying into a large object on a clear day.

Quote:
See above. A few hours on a PC simulator can "train" someone to accomplish exactly what they did.

Quote:
How does he know that there wasn't structural damage?

Besides, an airliner doesn't just self destruct at one knot above VMO.

They are extremely rugged machines with lots of buffer built into the limitations.

Quote:

It is crazy.

Like the others above me said..... You're never gonna convince those morons to change their minds.

Old 09-01-2018, 11:41 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,240,340 times
1. I love the "were said to have been" phrase. Whether true or not, their flight skills matter little. They weren't lining up for an airborne refueling or landing on an aircraft carrier in the dark; their sole mission was to take the controls of an already flying airplane and drive it into the side of a huge building. That doesn't take much skill. Any fool with 5 minutes of instruction could do it.

2. I don't even understand the statement. Aircraft have maneuvering abilities? Because they can be flown into a building? Please!

3. First off, exceeding VMO doesn't automatically damage a plane's controls. It just doesn't. In smooth air with no radical control inputs, VMO could be greatly exceeded without any damage. But how do we know the controls weren't damaged prior to impact? We don't. Nobody will ever know. And it doesn't matter.

Others here are correct that arguing with crazies gets you nowhere. Facts don't matter to them, because they'll simply say the facts are made up.

Old 09-01-2018, 03:29 PM

2,568 posts, read 2,521,852 times
And probably the same guy that said we didn't land on the moon either! SMH, let it go.

Old 09-01-2018, 03:46 PM

2,264 posts, read 1,485,640 times
Quote:

All four pilots held FAA commercial pilot's certificates. But, hey, if your goofball friend says so, then I guess the FAA just hands those out like candy! Or else your friend's an idiot.

Gee, I wonder which it could be?

Quote:
Funny how the only people who think this are wild-eyed non-pilots. And not, you know, the many thousands of actual professional Boeing pilots certified to fly 757s and 767s.

Quote:
Where to begin?

How would we know if the aircraft suffered damage? Obviously, they didn't catastrophically fail, but since they were obliterated in the crash, and most of the debris was destroyed in the collapses of the buildings and fires, there's no way to know if they suffered 'any damage to their structural integrity'.

It appears that your friend - I'm sorry that I called him an 'idiot'; that was too kind - is suggesting that the planes didn't exist. Or that they weren't really Boeing airliners. Except both crashes were caught on video, not to mention witnessed by tens of thousands of people.

Quote:

Anyone with multiple functioning neurons can debunk such raving nonsense.

Anyone who believes that the military would have any motivation to do such a thing, or that the hundreds required to pull it off would willingly do so and remain silent these past 17 days, is a fool of epic proportions.

Then there's the issue of all those calls from friends and family on the planes. Wait, let me guess - imposters that fooled every single loved one on the ground, right?

And the tracking of those calls from cell towers? Oh, right - the various mobile providers were all 'in' on it, too. So was air traffic control, I guess, who would have noticed an airline flight being 'switched', no?

I'd get some new friends, Amanda.

Old 09-01-2018, 04:53 PM

2,211 posts, read 1,574,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
This is great.

OP, there are people who do not believe that there were any airplanes there in the first place. They were holograms. There are also people who believe the twin towers were hollow and that all the people you see on the videos are actors and CGI.

I was at the WTC on 9/11/2001. There were indeed planes. And people. The end.

billl is correct. Do not argue with these people. It is like a religion to them, and you will not change their minds.
Remember, there were no people of a certain ethnicity in the towers on that day

(I'm agreeing with you, just repeating some of what I have heard.)

Ever heard the arguments for a "Flat Earth?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.