Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If the Anonymous Op Ed Proves True, Should Trump Be Forced Out?
Yes, absolutely! 137 55.02%
Heck no! 112 44.98%
Voters: 249. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 11:58 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Trump is taking it very seriously.

Only in that he expects, not unreasonably, that people within his administration who are engaging in sedition be identified.

Not that they will be. Because thinking people know where that op-ed came from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2018, 11:58 AM

352 posts, read 518,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
But this is an Op-Ed for the paper itself who is participating in undermining the President. They are no longer reporting, they are participating. Huge difference.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...85664433070080
The media is doing exactly what it should be doing. Blaming the media is too easy.

Old 09-06-2018, 12:00 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount79 View Post
The media is doing exactly what it should be doing. Blaming the media is too easy.

You think it is OK for the media to participate with a spy/saboteur in the President's office whose stated purpose is to prevent the President from doing his job?

Old 09-06-2018, 12:00 PM

23,599 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
It's not true, berdee, and if you bought into it, it's time to face reality.
I had made no bones about stating, in this forum and elsewhere, that I don't know if Q is real or fake and that I don't care either way.

People seem to think that there are just two camps - those that believe and those that don't. There is that third camp where people don't know and do.not.care if it's real or not. The one single thing about all of this that I do care about is that there is a large number of people, not only in this country but the world, who have been lukewarm about politics. They don't know what is going on in their own governments, they don't care and they don't vote. Some of those people are finally waking up and becoming interested .. and it took Q to do it. These people are probably dividing themselves into the three camps - believers, disbelievers, those who don't know, don't care. And guess what, I don't care about that either. Eventually, when the dust settles, they will sort themselves out and will, hopefully, continue to pay attention and to vote - that is what I care about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
he is a huge, huge internet troll.
That he is. The guy flip-flops in his trolling more often than a beached sunfish.
Quote:
I am not going to hold everyone's hand through this all. If you want to find the truth, I highly suggest, despite you using social media or not, that you read through his account on gab. Everything is there.
No one is asking that you hold their hands, just like they aren't asking to go on some version of a LOTR quest to try to figure out what you are spreading hints about. Come on. The info isn't highly classified, where you'd go to prison for sharing it. If you know something then spill it.

Old 09-06-2018, 12:01 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The media has a long and time-honored tradition of protecting their sources. SCOTUS has ruled in their favor every time it has gone that far. Don't believe me. Google it.
You are not telling me anything I dont already know. But usually the information from the source leads to further investigations leading to something tangible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Just for the record the NYT HAS published an anonymous Op Ed before, but it must have been a small story because you didn't see this type of response to it.
For both of you, I’ll put up the quote again. Even the NYT claims it is rare for them to publish an anonymous op ed...

Quote:
The Times today is taking the rare step of publishing an anonymous Op-Ed essay. We have done so at the request of the author, a senior official in the Trump administration whose identity is known to us and whose job would be jeopardized by its disclosure. We believe publishing this essay anonymously is the only way to deliver an important perspective to our readers. We invite you to submit a question about the essay or our vetting process here.

Old 09-06-2018, 12:03 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
You think it is OK for the media to participate with a spy/saboteur in the President's office whose stated purpose is to prevent the President from doing his job?

YOU are defining it as a "saboteur"...

the majority believe it is someone doing their civic duty, just like you call the cops when you see a cop beating the head off a kid....

Old 09-06-2018, 12:04 PM

352 posts, read 518,723 times
Quote:
The media reports the news and provides and outlet to the American people.

Without the media, the Watergate Scandal may have never been known to the American people.

I don't buy into the hype that the media is the "Enemy of the people" as you apparently do.

Trying to squash the media is exactly that Authoritarian regimes do.

It's mind boggling that people think that when presented with this Op-ed and after they were able to vet it, that the NY Times should say "no thanks, we can't run this". That's not a free press, but i'm sure to some people, they don't want a free press.

Old 09-06-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
YOU are defining it as a "saboteur"...
the majority believe it is someone doing their civic duty, just like you call the cops when you see a cop beating the head off a kid....

So why isn't the NYT calling the authorities on someone they know is trying to undermine the President? It's right there in their own OpED.

LAWL

Old 09-06-2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount79 View Post
The media reports the news and provides and outlet to the American people.

Without the media, the Watergate Scandal may have never been known to the American people.

I don't buy into the hype that the media is the "Enemy of the people" as you apparently do.

Trying to tell squash the media is exactly that Authoritarian regimes do.

It's mind boggling that people think that when presented with this Op-ed and after they were able to vet it, that the NY Times should say "no thanks, we can't run this". That's not a free press, but i'm sure to some people, they don't want a free press.

This isn't news.

It's an Opinion Editorial. Huge difference.

Did you not know what we are talking about?

Old 09-06-2018, 12:06 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,286,513 times
It's going to be fun (well, more like sad) to watch how all of this plays out.

Since Trump came onto the scene, and more so since he became POTUS, I have never seen this country and our government so discombobulated. I've stated previously that I understand that there has been public divide and disarray within government for decades, if not centuries. But nothing like this. And when it's your own president that is leading the charge, it's simply sad.

I have seen followers and detractors for our POTUS for 40 years (as long as I've voted). But I have never seen such extreme for/against before. Yes the left is pushing real hard against Trump. But those who stand behind Trump seem more like blind sheep to me than true followers. Forget political affiliation but just think about being a human. There is no justification for Trumps use of Twitter and the things he says. None. And anyone who simply defends Trump without stating the Trump has issues is completely obvious to the world around them.

This is no joke what is going on in Washington right now, yet so many make light of it, create memes and comedic spots on radio/TV/newspaper. It's not funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies