Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2019, 07:15 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Thanks, Clara. I have a television in my office so was hoping that was an option. I tried streaming and it wasn't cooperating but I didn't try your link. Will try it tomorrow. I'd hate to miss riveting details like how many steps each of them had to take to get to the elevator.
I won't be able to watch the wrap up of this trial - the closing arguments, when presumedly, the prosecution will be able to reveal what in the world they were trying to communicate with some of their witnesses and evidence.

I'm left wondering if their entire strategy of the prosecution right now is to lull the jury into a stupor, so that when the Defense has their chance to call witnesses the jury will have their eyes glazed over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2019, 07:20 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Quotas. She's a woman.

But I still say it's more of a power trip than her just being stupid. She already shot someone while on duty, and she hasn't been a cop very long.

Do you have a link for that information - that she was responsible for shooting someone before Botham Jean?

Just really interested. I can't find that information anywhere on the internet.

Last edited by ClaraC; 09-24-2019 at 07:31 PM..

Old 09-24-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
That just does not make sense. Why kill someone when you're off duty when according to the media and half the country the police can kill black people with impunity. Why go after a succesfull man instead of a gantgster wannabe. If this was some initiation she and they said kill a black guy in the hardest way possible we would hear a lot more of these stories.

More than likely she was high, drunk, both? and incompetent. There just isn't a reason other than this unless there is some secret interactions positive or negative they had that were never uncovered which I also find unbelieveable. Any chance she was sleeping with this guy, but nobody knew somehow, and the partner/guy there was an affair with found out and offed him? I have to assume they did balistics on the gun and/or the partner could be ruled out 100% somehow.
So you are proposing that the cop she was sexting that evening, who was known to be some distance away and texting her, and stated that although they were sexting that evening their actual physical sexual relationship was long over, was actually there and gained entrance to his apartment and shot him.

And then by the most unbelievable of coincidences, she ALSO went to his apartment, stuck her key in his lock, gained access to his apartment and ALSO SHOT HIM. Then when help arrived 16 minutes later, he was still alive but bleeding out while she wandered around saying I thought it was my apartment I thought it was my apartment?

I'm honestly just trying to figure out what you're asserting.

Robert, pretty sure Occam's razor would rule your theory out.

Old 09-24-2019, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I don't believe her either. I have my suspicions of what is really going on, (considering how corrupt police can be) and I won't be surprised if this was some kind of initiation thing for her.
Well this just gets weirder and weirder.

It seems to you that Dallas Police Department has an initiation ritual where the new recruits have to break into some unsuspecting persons house, gun them down, and then call 911 and cry saying they thought it was their apartment?

Alrighty then.

Old 09-24-2019, 07:37 PM

One interesting piece of testimony that came up this morning, from a prosecution witness.

A cop who had done a door to door investigation of residents after the shooting was called to the stand.

His testimony was that 23% of the residents in that complex he'd interviewed had had the experience of mistaking someone else's door for their own, and had continued to try to open the door despite their key not working.

The prosecutor furthered the questioning by asking had anyone been killed in those mistakes, and the answer was obviously no.

But I was really surprised. 23% of those residents had experienced what Geiger experienced - her key didn't work, the red light came on indicating her key won't work, and yet, like her, they continued to pursue opening the door still believing they were at their own apartment.

Old 09-24-2019, 07:45 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,029,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
She was just on duty an hour or so before she made this egregious mistake. If she had shot an unarmed black man an hour or so before, she would not have to face charges, while in the same confused state of mind. She's getting the same defense as a cop in the field who shoots an innocent black man. Now I think it is clear. When they make these mistakes in the field they never get charged. From listening to her defense it seems that being a large intimidating, law abiding, black man alone in the privacy of your house can get you killed.

That is how the media would love to spin it. What they don't want it spun as is a incompetent female cop.

Old 09-24-2019, 07:50 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,029,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
I think she was more of a really stupid person. She was pretty selfish as well. In the 911 call, instead of rendering aid to the victim, she sobs to the 911 operator about how she's going to lose her job. How'd someone so stupid get such an important job as law enforcement officer? It seems they prefer to hire stupid people for that job though. She does sound hysterical in the 911 call, and I don't think she sought out to kill someone. I think she really was stupid enough to think she was at her own apartment. She's so stupid that I think of these parents who kill their children in hot cars when I think of her. She's just that dumb.

That's definately not the narrative they want to spin.

Old 09-24-2019, 07:50 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
She was just on duty an hour or so before she made this egregious mistake. If she had shot an unarmed black man an hour or so before, she would not have to face charges, while in the same confused state of mind. She's getting the same defense as a cop in the field who shoots an innocent black man. Now I think it is clear. When they make these mistakes in the field they never get charged. From listening to her defense it seems that being a large intimidating, law abiding, black man alone in the privacy of your house can get you killed.
I respect your opinion a lot TL but in this case it's tragic terrible mistake.

At worse it's negligent homicide or manslaughter. She may walk since they've charged her with murder.

Old 09-24-2019, 07:52 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,953,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
At worse it's negligent homicide or manslaughter. She may walk since they've charged her with murder.
This. No way this was murder. This was just unbelievable stupidity.

Old 09-24-2019, 07:57 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
This. No way this was murder. This was just unbelievable stupidity.
I personally could convict her of a lesser offense. But not murder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies